PDA

View Full Version : Ben Stein: Rand Paul looks good, has cute hair, can't win because anti-Israel

eleganz
10-25-2013, 03:41 PM
lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4AVNt2pDic

Keith and stuff
10-25-2013, 03:58 PM
If traveling to Israel but not on taxpayer money and constantly praising Israel and declaring that there is a war on Christianity is anti-Israel, how do you become pro-Israel?

AlexAmore
10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Ben Stein put it in the most succinct way possible. It's really amazing when you can boil down the reason why a candidate will lose the presidency to "He's anti-Israel"...and not be wrong.

Of course, I still hold out hope that Rand can overcome this. I'll keep fighting.

TER
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM
If traveling to Israel but not on taxpayer money and constantly praising Israel and declaring that there is a war on Christianity is anti-Israel, how do you become pro-Israel?

By pledging allegiance to the Zionist war profiteers.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-25-2013, 04:01 PM

The only things I can figure: either giving them billions more in foreign aid, or supporting bombing Iran or both.

Otherwise, Stein is talking directly out of his backside. Exactly how has Rand Paul come off in any way, shape or form as "anti-Israel"? Stein is just attaching that label because he's thinking more about Ron Paul, and the smears of him.

jbauer
10-25-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm Christian and cannot fathom how being pro or anti Israel could make a difference in a USA election.

Bastiat's The Law
10-25-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm Christian and cannot fathom how being pro or anti Israel could make a difference in a USA election.

Mind bottling isn't it?

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
As it's been explained to me, the Zionist state is the "only Democracy in the mideast". Therefore, Israel's welfare first, lest zionism fail and the whole world fall apart. (stupid, but that's how an disturbingly large number of people think)

Bastiat's The Law
10-25-2013, 04:24 PM
When did Israel become the 51st state?

Brett85
10-25-2013, 04:28 PM
I thought Rand's hair was his biggest drawback. :)

jkr
10-25-2013, 04:31 PM
liars LIE
NO surprise

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Back in the 70's.

AlexAmore
10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Israel/Zionism is extremely influential in America. Rand talks nicely of Israel, but his actions are not in their interest.

Israel wants us to invade Syria and Iran. We already did their bidding in Iraq. Our global petro-dollar system is thanks to Zionist Henry Kissinger and the only way to maintain the system is through policing the world, especially the Middle East.

specsaregood
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I thought Rand's hair was his biggest drawback. :)

He's got awesome hair.
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7287/randhaters.jpg

Champ
10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Was I the only one that laughed at about the 1:00 mark when Gary Johnson says "uh.. a billion dollars.." with a blank expression on his face?

cajuncocoa
10-25-2013, 05:03 PM

LOL....long time ago. Time to walk that back.

Bastiat's The Law
10-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Was I the only one that laughed at about the 1:00 mark when Gary Johnson says "uh.. a billion dollars.." with a blank expression on his face?

No, I laughed out loud and almost spit out my drink lol.

Bastiat's The Law
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Just to point out the ridiculousness of Americans obsessing over a far off foreign country, substitute Liechtenstein for Israel. Now imagine people obsessing over Liechtenstein?!? LOL its bizarro world

angelatc
10-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Just to point out the ridiculousness of Americans obsessing over a far off foreign country, substitute Liechtenstein for Israel. Now imagine people obsessing over Liechtenstein?!? LOL its bizarro world

It would be funny if they weren't so scary. The Israel worshippers are like a cult.

cajuncocoa
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM

It's Biblical. Thank the evangelical wing of the GOP for that.

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM
It would be funny if they weren't so scary. The Israel worshippers are like a cult.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelatc again.
Sorry, babes. :(

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
B.S. needs to see this:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Feeding the Abscess
10-25-2013, 05:33 PM
B.S. needs to see this:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

I'm sure he'll just change his ways after he sees that.

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Remember that Mr B.S. actually advocated for the bank bailouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAgHhTgs3ec

Bastiat's The Law
10-25-2013, 05:36 PM

But Jews killed Jesus.

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
But Jews killed Jesus.
And Jesus was Jewish.

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 05:41 PM
It all boils down to pre-dispensationalism which has been taught in many protestant churches for the last hundred years or so.

EBounding
10-25-2013, 08:56 PM
The Bible clearly says:

"Thou shalt support the corrupt government of Israel and pay for thine wars, abortions and socialized medicine."

Christian Liberty
10-25-2013, 09:02 PM

The "war on Christianity" thing is not "pro-Israel."

Those who are anti-Christianity here may not be able to understand this, but the bottom line is, what Rand is saying about the "War on Christians" is completely true. The wars in the Middle East are absolutely leading to persecution of Christians in the countries the US is "nation-building" in. Mind you, its hurting non-Christians too, and I'm not saying its any better if its not a Christian. But the bottom line is, that kind of statement is appealing to Christian Zionists without compromising essential principle. This is the way it should be done, using rhetoric that they will be more likely to accept, WITHOUT watering down the message.

And I'll say this, even as a pure, full-blown ancap that doesn't think the US should be killing Christians, Muslims, or anyone else, thinks the "war on terror" is a total joke, completely agrees that a heroin addict should have the exact same rights that I have, etc... It still saddens me to an exceptional degree to see what these wars are doing to my Christian brothers and sisters around the world.

Mind you, there are many areas where Rand has compromised. I don't view him as a perfect candidate. But talking about the "war on Christianity" is not one of them.

Christian Liberty
10-25-2013, 09:17 PM

I know people have been brainwashed into thinking its Biblical. But it actually isn't.

I was talking to a missionary our church supports (I won't put this in quotes because he's a nice guy and I actually do believe his first focus is in fact to share the gospel with lawmakers, even though I think some of his political views are a problem. He's not a RABID Zionist like some) and we were talking about foreign policy, and he was saying how he likes Ted Cruz and that he can't really support Ron because of his foreign policy. We did talk for a little bit about the pragmatic affects of non-intervetion, but then I said "Ultimately, the real question at hand is what is a BIBLICAL foreign policy." Now, what I was getting at is passages like Matthew 5:9 (Blessed are the peacemakers) Exodus 20:13 (Thou shall not murder) to a certain extent Exodus 20:15 (Thou shall not steal, since these foreign wars and foreign aid involve compulsory taxation), Deuteronomy 17:14-20 (Kings bound by the same moral law), Proverbs 3:30 (Strive not with a man without cause) and other passages that clearly teach that Christians should try to be peaceful [Note that the parenthesis were not ad verbatim quotes]. I didn't specifically bring up any of these verses, but these were the things I was getting at. When I made my comment he said "Yeah, that's pretty much the real point" and then proceeded to bring up the thing about blessing and cursing Israel.

I looked up the passage, and sure enough, it was Genesis 12:3. What I find interesting is that this passage, this one proof text used to justify our murderous foreign policy (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and presume he doesn't really know what he's supporting, but some dispensationalists do) ONLY mentions Abraham. It doesn't say "You, and all your descendants" (Although even if it did, Jesus is clear that the true descendents of Abraham are the elect, not necessarily ethnic Israel). And if it meant his physical descendents, rather than spiritual, wouldn't that mean we should be blessing the Ishmaelites as well? Wouldn't this mean when America engages in the "war on terror" that we are putting a curse on ourselves? I'd appreciate the thoughts of any of my Christian brothers and sisters here, because this basically seems like a slam dunk.

Mind you, in Romans 11 Paul does talk about how in the Tribulation, God will once again harden the Gentiles and work on ethnic Israel. Even still, its talking about the Jewish PEOPLE, and not even necessarily a majority of them (In Ancient Israel most of the people at any given time were unregenerate despite Israel being the visible church at the time). its not talking about a secular-nation state (BTW: Matthew 4 seems to imply that all nation-states belong to Satan,)

To be clear, by posting this, I don't endorse Gary North's views on theonomy or Postmillennilaism. Nonetheless, it is an excellent refutation of dispensationalism, and why the refutation of such is important.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2003/11/gary-north/theres-a-slight-problem-with-fundamentalism/

Christian Liberty
10-25-2013, 09:22 PM
This is another good article, despite the fact that I don't endorse his brief comments about historic premil and amil positions:

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig/north7.html

libertywanter
10-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Idiotic, most people I know could give a rats a** about Israel. It is clear Rand cares about America and that is plenty enough for the majority of Americans

RonZeplin
10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
http://gestetnerupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Rand-paul-israel.jpg

He's kosher, Israel first.

fr33
10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
It all boils down to pre-dispensationalism which has been taught in many protestant churches for the last hundred years or so.

It's gone beyond that. The media teaches that rubbish too. Many non-protestants have the same Israel worshiping mindset as well.

AlexAmore
10-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Idiotic, most people I know could give a rats a** about Israel. It is clear Rand cares about America and that is plenty enough for the majority of Americans

It's not about that. It's the fact that Zionists control A LOT of the media. Hollywood is an obvious example, but it applies to the news as well.

anaconda
10-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Ben Stein put it in the most succinct way possible. It's really amazing when you can boil down the reason why a candidate will lose the presidency to "He's anti-Israel"...and not be wrong.

Of course, I still hold out hope that Rand can overcome this. I'll keep fighting.

Maybe Rand should go straight to the Israeli people and see what the consensus is. Perhaps do a direct end run around the neocon banker elite that is holding their country hostage. Would make outrageous headlines for Rand to hang out in Israel among the natives for a few weeks here and there. Bibi would be hella pissed off. Don't see why Rand Rand can't express as much outrage at the Israeli government that he does towards his own. Especially if he purports to convey what the Israeli citizens wish for from America, as opposed to their thug leaders.

jmdrake
10-27-2013, 02:59 PM
The only things I can figure: either giving them billions more in foreign aid, or supporting bombing Iran or both.

Otherwise, Stein is talking directly out of his backside. Exactly how has Rand Paul come off in any way, shape or form as "anti-Israel"? Stein is just attaching that label because he's thinking more about Ron Paul, and the smears of him.

There's another possibility. Ben Stein is gutter slime.

Anti-Neocon
10-27-2013, 04:02 PM
There's another possibility. Ben Stein is gutter slime.
Ben Stein is a Zionist extremist and citizen of Israel. It is his goal that America do Israel's bidding. Make no mistake about it.

Carlybee
10-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Ol Rick Perry is doing his part for Israel. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/state-politics/20131023-rick-perry-visits-israel-touts-new-texas-am-campus.ece

FriedChicken
10-27-2013, 05:07 PM
The real question is whether Ted Cruz will run third party?? Did the news anchor really say that?

I don't have the RT channel but what I've seen from them I've almost always liked. This clip seemed pretty dump to me. Ben Stein and Donald Trump are credible people to talk to about third parties?

It made sense to interview Johnson - but were those the best clips they had of him? If so he must have done a terrible interview. Hopefully the editor just did a bad job picking the cuts. I'm not a Johnson fan but I'd hope he could speak a little better than what was seen in this video (maybe not though).

I still like RT but this segment is certainly one of their more poor pieces from what I can tell.

FriedChicken
10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Ben Stein is a Zionist extremist and citizen of Israel. It is his goal that America do Israel's bidding. Make no mistake about it.

Not disagreeing with anything in this post (I don't know much about Stein) but I'm curious if you feel being a citizen of Israel is a negative thing?
I just ask for clarification.

FloralScent
10-27-2013, 05:24 PM

It's also financial. AIPAC has zillions.

JK/SEA
10-27-2013, 05:50 PM
frankly, Ben Stein is a pissant. Not worth my time unless i'm watching Ferris Buellers day off.

robert68
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Maybe Rand should go straight to the Israeli people and see what the consensus is. Perhaps do a direct end run around the neocon banker elite that is holding their country hostage. Would make outrageous headlines for Rand to hang out in Israel among the natives for a few weeks here and there. Bibi would be hella pissed off. Don't see why Rand Rand can't express as much outrage at the Israeli government that he does towards his own. Especially if he purports to convey what the Israeli citizens wish for from America, as opposed to their thug leaders.

Israeli’s don’t favor US support for their state being brought to an end.

anaconda
10-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Israeli’s don’t favor US support for their state being brought to an end.

Darn! But I heard there's a lot of Israelis that think their government is corrupt and vile and interventionist and incite vitriol in the Middle East. With U.S. winks and nods.

robert9712000
10-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Uhg ,Cruz said we need to get the republican party back to the party of Lincon . Wonder if he realizes Lincon set the precedence of the federal government superseding power over the state

steph3n
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Supports Israel, but not able to be bought out by Israel. That is the catch to be 'pro-Israel' by some you have to be entirely 100% bought out and jump at their every whim.

Rand is beholden to none like that, except maybe his wife ;)

Anti-Neocon
10-28-2013, 02:42 AM
Not disagreeing with anything in this post (I don't know much about Stein) but I'm curious if you feel being a citizen of Israel is a negative thing?
I just ask for clarification.
Of course there's nothing negative with being a citizen of Israel. The problem is when you have Israel-firsters like Stein trying to stick their noses into American politics, and actually being successful at it.

jtstellar
10-28-2013, 03:10 AM
The real question is whether Ted Cruz will run third party?? Did the news anchor really say that?

I don't have the RT channel but what I've seen from them I've almost always liked. This clip seemed pretty dump to me. Ben Stein and Donald Trump are credible people to talk to about third parties?

It made sense to interview Johnson - but were those the best clips they had of him? If so he must have done a terrible interview. Hopefully the editor just did a bad job picking the cuts. I'm not a Johnson fan but I'd hope he could speak a little better than what was seen in this video (maybe not though).

I still like RT but this segment is certainly one of their more poor pieces from what I can tell.

didn't bother following johnson much after that but when i paid attention to his interviews once upon a time in 2012 he constantly shrugged his shoulders and just couldn't sit still..

not sure if he was even nervous or what. just a pretty bad speaker overall with the way he purposely drags words and sentences out like 'welllll, yaaaa' plus the shoulder shrugging.. just terrible deliveries, not on the same level as ron who may not have the same oratorical skill as rand but still oozes class and integrity. i can't remember one catch phrase johnson managed to make an impression on, besides the dog/shovel ready joke he pulled on stage in republican debate

cindy25
10-28-2013, 03:50 AM

they want someone who will support nuking Iran, and to a lesser degree the Wall Street banks.

the Fed also has something to do with it. the last Christian Fed chairman was Burns back in 1981.

jbauer
10-28-2013, 09:12 AM
As it's been explained to me, the Zionist state is the "only Democracy in the mideast". Therefore, Israel's welfare first, lest zionism fail and the whole world fall apart. (stupid, but that's how an disturbingly large number of people think)

Take my chances. We've got floating cities (aircraft carriers). Submersed cities (atomic subs) capable of eliminating the planet several times over. We don't need a pro democracy country for anything....HELL WE'RE NOT PRO DEMOCRACY. The only argument I've been able to get from pro Israel folks is there is a bible verse that infers we need to stand by people of Israel....which to me means Christians or even Jew's for that matter since the folks who wrote it were Jewish. It has nothing to do with some arbitrary lines drawn on a piece of paper by the "winners" of WW2.

devil21
10-28-2013, 02:45 PM
"You discredit yourself!" - Ron Paul to Ben Stein after Stein called Ron an anti-semite

Some things never change with the zionists.