PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Ted Cruz Gets His Health Insurance Through Goldman Sachs

RonPaulFanInGA
10-25-2013, 12:30 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/ted-cruz-goldman-sachs_n_4152095.html

The wife of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) confirmed in an interview with The New York Times what the tea party star's opponents have insinuated gleefully for weeks: The most vocal opponent of Obamacare enjoys a high-priced health plan through investment bank Goldman Sachs.

"Ted is on my health care plan," Heidi Nelson Cruz, who has worked in the firm's management division for eight years, told the paper in a story published Wednesday.

Cruz's plan through Goldman appeared to be an uncomfortable fact for the conservative senator as he lambasted the health care reform law and helped drive what would become a two-week government shutdown. In an exchange during Cruz's 20-hour anti-Obamacare marathon on the Senate floor in September, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) tried unsuccessfully to get Cruz to admit where he gets his own coverage.

jkob
10-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Don't see why this mattes at all.

VBRonPaulFan
10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
So he has an awesome health plan and had no real reason personally to go after Obamacare, but he did it anyways. How is that a bad thing?

Warlord
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
So he has an awesome health plan and had no real reason personally to go after Obamacare, but he did it anyways. How is that a bad thing?

GS is bad man

ClydeCoulter
10-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Here's another thread about it with some controversy going on : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431396-Breaking-Goldman-Sachs-covers-Ted-Cruz-s-healthcare&p=5281372#post5281372

AuH20
10-25-2013, 12:58 PM
And their point being? His wife probably has a gold star plan.

enhanced_deficit
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM
GS is bad man

Be careful, GS was top SWC Obama donor before he unleashed violent destablization 'civil wars' in various mideast countries not friendly to Israel.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM

Class warfare... He gets his health insurance from one of the banksters meanwhile he doesn't want you to have subsidized government healthcare. That's the point.

FrankRep
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Everyone who works at Goldman Sachs is obviously evil, including the janitor.

/scarasm

AuH20
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM

/scarasm

Especially the janitor.

10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Why is it bad that he is on his wife's insurance plan? What is so uncomfortable about that?

ClydeCoulter
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Especially the janitor.

Yep, low level operative.

angelatc
10-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Why do people insist on linking to HuffPo? They don't have their own reporters - all they do is blog about pieces that they find in other media when it suits their leftist agenda.

He's saving the taxpayers the cost of his insurance by having Goldman Sachs pay for it. But of course liberals care more about where Goldman Sachs spends their money than they do about where Congress spends yours.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Why do people insist on linking to HuffPo? They don't have their own reporters - all they do is blog about pieces that they find in other media when it suits their leftist agenda.

That's pretty much every political blog in existence. All they do is quote the mainstream media sources they constantly deride, add their own spin to it, and act like it's real journalism. It's fun to pretend, I guess. When's the last time you saw an exclusive piece of real news from a political blog?

Then they throw a tantrum when people say they're not journalists, even though it's all opinion from them it seems.

buck000
10-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't have a problem with Sen. Cruz being on a nice health care plan of his spouse's; in fact, I applaud it, on principle.

My problem is that his wife is a managing director at Goldman Sachs, and has been through the .gov revolving door, as far as I can tell. I really don't like Goldman Sachs, and I'm not crazy about the revolving door thing. shrug.

VBRonPaulFan
10-25-2013, 02:27 PM
GS is bad man

so is the government, and Ted Cruz works for the government, ergo..........

twomp
10-25-2013, 02:29 PM

He's saving the taxpayers the cost of his insurance by having Goldman Sachs pay for it. But of course liberals care more about where Goldman Sachs spends their money than they do about where Congress spends yours.

What if I told you Goldman Sachs spends their money buying out your Congress. Would you care then? What if I told you Goldman Sachs was on the brink of bankruptcy then was bailed out by the same Congress they bought out. Would you care then? This is the same company that has bankrolled not just this current administration but the past few administrations. This is the same company that has former executives in very high levels of our government. And you folks here act like this is nothing?

FrankRep
10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
What if I told you Goldman Sachs spends their money buying out your Congress. Would you care then? What if I told you Goldman Sachs was on the brink of bankruptcy then was bailed out by the same Congress they bought out. Would you care then? This is the same company that has bankrolled not just this current administration but the past few administrations. This is the same company that has former executives in very high levels of our government. And you folks here act like this is nothing?

Blame the Goldman Sachs CEO not the employees.

CPUd
10-25-2013, 03:08 PM
inb4 "Fed largesse"

dannno
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM

The CEO is an employee.

dannno
10-25-2013, 03:22 PM

The CEO is an employee.

twomp
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM

So you are saying that a CEO who has a history of buying out our government officials doesn't realize he has an employee who is married to a United States Senator? And has NO influence over them in any way what so ever?

jkob
10-25-2013, 03:38 PM

What are you insinuating? I know what the Huffington Post and the far left blogs are saying but what is your agenda? Ted Cruz is bad because he's on his wife's health insurance instead of the probably equally luxurious congressional one?

twomp
10-25-2013, 03:50 PM
What are you insinuating? I know what the Huffington Post and the far left blogs are saying but what is your agenda? Ted Cruz is bad because he's on his wife's health insurance instead of the probably equally luxurious congressional one?

I am saying George W. Bush and Obama (both of who were supported by the tyrants at Goldman Sachs) sounded good before they became president. Now we have Ted Cruz who also sounds great and is also supported by these very same tyrants building a national profile. Can you connect these dots? Yes, Ted Cruz sounds great and his votes are in line with us but answer me this. If Ted Cruz is so much like Rand Paul, why is he supported by AIPAC and Goldman Sachs yet these very same people don't support Rand or Ron Paul? What is the difference?

angelatc
10-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Why would you think that we aren't all fully versed in the rather incestuous relationships that our banks have with our government?

But dude - this is about a guy whose wife gets insurance through her employer, and chose to put her husband on her policy. Settle down.

FrankRep
10-26-2013, 05:50 AM

The CEO is an employee.

Let me repeat. Blame the Goldman Sachs CEO.

FrankRep
10-26-2013, 05:52 AM
So you are saying that a CEO who has a history of buying out our government officials doesn't realize he has an employee who is married to a United States Senator? And has NO influence over them in any way what so ever?

Show us the evidence of corruption of Heidi and Ted Cruz.

TruckinMike
10-26-2013, 08:55 AM
FYI on Heidi Cruz:

...Heidi ain't any 'ol employee just trying to put bread on the table. She is special. Special enough for her to be one of the hand picked "Task Force" members of the CFR. Whats the "task"? ---> to help implement the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America".
(http://www.cfr.org/canada/building-north-american-community/p8102)

From the CFR's website:

...When the leaders of Canada, Mexico, and the United States met in Texas recently they underscored the deep ties and shared principles of the three countries. The Council-sponsored Task Force applauds the announced “Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America,” but proposes a more ambitious vision of a new community by 2010 and specific recommendations on how to achieve it.

Gee whiz, I wonder what the "more ambitious vision of a new community" was/is???

daily Paul Link (http://www.dailypaul.com/300709/cruzs-wife-heidi-outed-as-cfr-task-force-member-on-nau)

TaftFan
10-26-2013, 08:56 AM
FYI on Heidi Cruz:

...Heidi ain't any 'ol employee just trying to put bread on the table. She is special. Special enough for her to be one of the hand picked "Task Force" members of the CFR. Whats the "task"? ---> to help implement the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America".
(http://www.cfr.org/canada/building-north-american-community/p8102)

From the CFR's website:

Gee whiz, I wonder what the "more ambitious vision of a new community" could be???

She left the CFR though, and Ted called the group a "pit of vipers"

torchbearer
10-26-2013, 08:59 AM

/scarasm

It would extremely hard to vote for legislation that would hurt my wife's employer.
Ted Cruz can't take on the Fed in any serious manner without a divorce.
His family is part of the system we want to dismantle.
That is why this is important information.

TruckinMike
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
She left the CFR though, and Ted called the group a "pit of vipers" Well gollee gee willickers, I guess that settles it. yes Ted did refer to the CFR as a pit of vipers on the campaign trail. How the hell else would he pull the wool over the eyes of informed voters. If he didn't - he would have been toast. Thats about as much evidence of a political renaissance as Rick Perry's rantings of secession in order to ingratiate Texas voters. The sad thing was thatmany fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

angelatc
10-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Well gollee gee willickers, I guess that settles it. yes Ted did refer to the CFR as a pit of vipers on the campaign trail. How the hell else would he pull the wool over the eyes of informed voters. If he didn't - he would have been toast. Thats about as much evidence of a political renaissance as Rick Perry's rantings of secession in order to ingratiate Texas voters. The sad thing was thatmany fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

I don't think the fact that being on Goldman Sach's health insurance policy is reason to get all upset. But I do think that Ted Cruz is likely the next GWB. He will run on a small government, humble foreign policy platform....and then do exactly the opposite.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2013, 09:37 AM
GS is bad man

The bigger problem is that some in our government have prostituted themselves in offering legislative favors in exchange for campaign and other financial contributions. I don't see a problem with Cruz partaking in a health benefit from his wife's employment at GS. That's ridiculous.

TruckinMike
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't think the fact that being on Goldman Sach's health insurance policy is reason to get all upset....

Agree, I couldn't care less where his health care comes from -- Hell, I'm on my wifes work policy as well. That wasn't the reason for my original post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431455-Confirmed-Ted-Cruz-Gets-His-Health-Insurance-Through-Goldman-Sachs&p=5283000&viewfull=1#post5283000).

...But I do think that Ted Cruz is likely the next GWB. He will run on a small government, humble foreign policy platform....and then do exactly the opposite.

YEP.

All that I know is that politicians fooled me for most of my adult life. I believed them, I voted for them. But every since 2005 (specifically Bush and the SPP) I began to distrust the snakes. I need to see ACTION, real freedom action, not just empty campaign trail rhetoric (or Cruz style grand standing) before I will ever even slightly trust any one of them again. ----- Including Ron Paul.

greyseal
10-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Agree, I couldn't care less where his health care comes from -- Hell, I'm on my wifes work policy as well. That wasn't the reason for my original post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?431455-Confirmed-Ted-Cruz-Gets-His-Health-Insurance-Through-Goldman-Sachs&p=5283000&viewfull=1#post5283000).

YEP.

All that I know is that politicians fooled me for most of my adult life. I believed them, I voted for them. But every since 2005 (specifically Bush and the SPP) I began to distrust the snakes. I need to see ACTION, real freedom action, not just empty campaign trail rhetoric (or Cruz style grand standing) before I will ever even slightly trust any one of them again. ----- Including Ron Paul.

Ted Cruz and opposition to ObamaCare?
Foreword, the following compiled information, supported by law, is not intended to besmirch, or slander the reputation of the Honorable Senator,Ted Cruz. It’s just interesting that the “Law Firm”, that he was a partner in , personally characterized as a “rising star”, could be so immersed in defending, promulgating, financing , advising investors, for a chartered government corporation, based on the Food For Peace Act, administered through the Department of Agriculture, Commodity Credit Corporation, and at the same time , not be a part of it.
If the reports are true, that Mr. Cruz, persuaded the Senate to defund the Affordable Care Act, why would he then filibuster, so a vote couldn’t be taken?.
Is Mr. Cruz confused ?, the Affordable Care Act source law is the Employees Retirement Income Security Act, Public Law 93-406, a division of the Commodity Credit Corporation, with only foreign application, which is rigorously defended and financed by the law firm he was a partner in. Is what we are witnessing simply a controlled opposition, i.e. Mitt Romney, to achieve the same goal.
Ted Cruz
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cruz was a partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius http://www.morganlewis.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/practiceArea.detail...
In 1882, the firm began to handle work for the United Gas Improvement Company, which became the largest gas and electric utility company in the United States, and (as UGI) is still a client today. That was the beginning of a boom: By the end of the 19th century and into the 20th, Morgan Lewis counseled many leading companies including Philadelphia’s largest newspaper, Pennsylvania’s largest railroad, a major paper manufacturer, banks and trust companies, and the largest manufacturer of steam locomotives in the world.
Practice Facts
 More than 400 venture capital financing transactions completed in the last five years
 More than 150 private equity transactions completed in the last five years
 Clients include more than 700 mutual funds , venture capital funds, private equity , and hedge funds
 More than $5 billion in venture financing transactions in the last five years
 More than 30 of our lawyers are SEC alumni, covering all areas of expertise
 140 lawyers named in Chambers and Partners, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2012)
Private Investment Funds
We regularly advise private equity and venture capital fund sponsors on a variety of legal matters, including portfolio investments and the formation of new funds. The funds we represent pursue all major investment strategies, including buyouts; distressed assets; and mezzanine, real estate, infrastructure, *healthcare, energy, *venture capital, and other sector funds.
For venture capital firms, Morgan Lewis plays a strategic role in the day-to-day operations of such firms, guiding them on their path to success. Our experience within industry-specific areas, including clean technology, energy, software, wireless technology , Internet, and life sciences, provides us with a depth of knowledge concerning portfolio companies that venture capital firms require. By representing these portfolio companies, we understand the strategies essential for success—those that will lead to a return on a client’s investment.

ERISA Litigation (note) Public Law 93-406, source law for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Our ERISA Litigation Practice handles all types of benefit disputes, from individual claims for long term disability , severance, medical, and death benefits, to Taft-Hartley deadlock arbitrations, to the most complex, high-exposure class action claims. Morgan Lewis is counsel of record in more cases alleging breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with fees and expenses charged to 401(k) plan participants than any other law firm.

MORGAN LEWIS IS ON THE ERISA ADVISORY COUNCIL still
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation—a federal agency created by ERISA to administer the act
ERISA Advisory Council
http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/aboutebsa/erisa_advisory_council.html
Section 512 of ERISA provides for the establishment of an Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans, known as the ERISA Advisory Council. The duties of the council are to advise the Secretary and submit recommendations regarding the Secretary's functions under ERISA.
ERISA Advisory Council Issue Statements
These documents were produced by the Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans, which was created by ERISA to provide advice to the Secretary of Labor. Their contents do not necessarily represent the position of the Department of Labor.
Private Sector Pension De-risking and Participant Protections
Successful Retirement Plan Communications for Various Population Segments
Locating Missing and Lost Participants
Private Sector Pension De-risking and Participant Protections
*John Ferreira, Morgan Lewis
June 5, 2013

THE SOLE ISSUE
The sole issue is the business of the law firm Mr. Cruz was a partner in, so immersed in the affairs of a “quasi-government” agency such as the National Institute of Health NIH,(their words, see below) that the firm facilitates financing . As to what type of angel this entity is, we can’t ask the victims of the Colorado massacre.
Entrepreneur Resource Headquarters Financing a Company
MORGAN LEWIS website section FINANCING
Chapter 4
HOW TO BE TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL
Now that you have formed the Company, either from scratch or as a new company spun out from Big Pharma, you may need to begin looking for a source of funding. Most funding for startup life sciences ventures does not emanate from venture funding or broker-dealer–led private placements, but instead comes from a combination of government and quasi-government funding sources such as *NIH and private individuals commonly referred to as “angels.” Principals of early-stage growth companies are frequently eager to access these sources of funding because even when science can be funded through grants , these rarely cover the administrative costs necessary to commercialize a product. This section briefly describes who angels are, why new ventures seek angels, and what angels seek in investments so that your company can be touched by an angel.

NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH , THE BED ROCK OF THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.
HALLMARKS OF THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH FINANCING
Shaping public opinion for effective dis-armament.
James Eagan Holmes
In June 2011, Holmes enrolled as a Ph.D. student in neuroscience at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.[26] He received a $21,600 grant from the National Institutes of Health according to agency records.

LAW REFERENCES
(note) All Venture Capital funds, referred to as leverage, are provided by the Commodity Credit Corporation ( Department of Agriculture) using taxpayer guaranteed funds.
The legislation, pasted below is based on the Food for Peace Act, an amendment to the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 lawyer speak for third world country disarmament, where third world countries pledge their natural assets to secure loans, it has no application in the several states of the union, i.e. chartered government corporations competing with private enterprise.. Furthermore, the Commodity Credit Corporation, is the Department of Defense, and the Armed Forces, administer the Employees Retirement Income Security Act, the source law for the Affordable Care Act.
7 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 7 – AGRICULTURE- COMMDITY CREDIT CORPORATION
CHAPTER 50 – AGRICULTURAL CREDIT
SUBCHAPTER VIII – RURAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT PROGRAM
From the U.S. Government Printing Office, http://www.gpo.gov/
SUBCHAPTER VIII—RURAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT PROGRAM
§2009cc. Definitions
In this subchapter:
(1) Articles
The term “articles” means articles of incorporation for an incorporated body or the functional equivalent or other similar documents specified by the Secretary for other business entities.
(2) Developmental venture capital The term “developmental venture capital” means capital in the form of equity capital investments in rural business investment companies with an objective of fostering economic development in rural areas.
(4) Equity capital
The term “equity capital” means common or preferred stock or a similar instrument, including subordinated debt with equity features.
(5) Leverage
The term “leverage” includes—
(A) debentures purchased or guaranteed by the Secretary;
(B) participating securities purchased or guaranteed by the Secretary; and
(C) preferred securities outstanding as of May 13, 2002.
(ii) similar plans not covered by this subchapter that have been established, and that are maintained, by the Federal Government or any State (including by a political subdivision, agency, or instrumentality of the Federal Government or a State) for the benefit of employees.
§2009cc–1. Purposes
The purposes of the Rural Business Investment Program established under this subchapter are—
(1) to promote economic development and the creation of wealth and job opportunities in rural areas and among individuals living in those areas by encouraging developmental venture capital investments in smaller enterprises primarily located in rural areas; and
(2) to establish a developmental venture capital program, with the mission of addressing the unmet equity investment needs of small enterprises located in rural areas, by authorizing the Secretary—
(A) to enter into participation agreements with rural business investment companies ;
(B) to guarantee debentures of rural business investment companies to enable each rural business investment company to make developmental venture capital investments in smaller enterprises in rural areas; and
(C) to make grants to rural business investment companies, and to other entities, for the purpose of providing operational assistance to smaller enterprises financed, or expected to be financed, by rural business investment companies.
FOOD FOR PEACE ACT
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384B, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)
§2009cc–2. Establishment
In accordance with this subchapter, the Secretary shall establish a Rural Business Investment Program , under which the Secretary may—
(1) enter into participation agreements with companies granted final approval under section 2009cc–3(e) of this title for the purposes set forth in section 2009cc–1 of this title;
(2) guarantee the debentures issued by rural business investment companies as provided in section 2009cc–4 of this title; and
(3) make grants to rural business investment companies, and to other entities, under section 2009cc–7 of this title.
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384C, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)
(B) Leverage
An applicant approved under subparagraph (A) shall not be eligible to receive leverage under this subchapter until the applicant satisfies the requirements of section 2009cc–8(c) of this title.
(C) Grants
An applicant approved under subparagraph (A) shall be eligible for grants under section 2009cc–7 of this title in proportion to the private capital of the applicant, as determined by the Secretary.
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384D, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)
7 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 7 - AGRICULTURE
CHAPTER 50 - AGRICULTURAL CREDIT
SUBCHAPTER VIII - RURAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT PROGRAM
From the U.S. Government Printing Office, http://www.gpo.gov/
SUBCHAPTER VIII—RURAL BUSINESS INVESTMENT PROGRAM
§2009cc. Definitions
In this subchapter:
(1) Articles
The term “articles” means articles of incorporation for an incorporated body or the functional equivalent or other similar documents specified by the Secretary for other business entities.
(2) Developmental venture capital
The term “developmental venture capital” means capital in the form of equity capital investments in rural business investment companies with an objective of fostering economic development in rural areas.
*(3) Employee welfare benefit plan; pension plan
(A) In general
The terms “employee welfare benefit plan” and “pension plan” have the meanings given the terms in section 1002 of title 29. (note) this is ERISA
(B) Inclusions
The terms “employee welfare benefit plan” and “pension plan” include—
(i) public and private pension or retirement plans subject to this subchapter; and
(4) Equity capital
The term “equity capital” means common or preferred stock or a similar instrument, including subordinated debt with equity features.
(5) Leverage
The term “leverage” includes—
(A) debentures purchased or guaranteed by the Secretary;
(B) participating securities purchased or guaranteed by the Secretary; and
(C) preferred securities outstanding as of May 13, 2002.
(ii) similar plans not covered by this subchapter that have been established, and that are maintained, by the Federal Government or any State (including by a political subdivision, agency, or instrumentality of the Federal Government or a State) for the benefit of employees.

§2009cc–1. Purposes
The purposes of the Rural Business Investment Program established under this subchapter are—
(1) to promote economic development and the creation of wealth and job opportunities in rural areas and among individuals living in those areas by encouraging developmental venture capital investments in smaller enterprises primarily located in rural areas; and
(2) to establish a developmental venture capital program, with the mission of addressing the unmet equity investment needs of small enterprises located in rural areas, by authorizing the Secretary—
(A) to enter into participation agreements with rural business investment companies ;
(B) to guarantee debentures of rural business investment companies to enable each rural business investment company to make developmental venture capital investments in smaller enterprises in rural areas; and
(C) to make grants to rural business investment companies, and to other entities, for the purpose of providing operational assistance to smaller enterprises financed, or expected to be financed, by rural business investment companies.
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384B, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)
§2009cc–2. Establishment
In accordance with this subchapter, the Secretary shall establish a Rural Business Investment Program , under which the Secretary may—
(1) enter into participation agreements with companies granted final approval under section 2009cc–3(e) of this title for the purposes set forth in section 2009cc–1 of this title;
(2) guarantee the debentures issued by rural business investment companies as provided in section 2009cc–4 of this title; and
(3) make grants to rural business investment companies, and to other entities, under section 2009cc–7 of this title.
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384C, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)
(B) Leverage
An applicant approved under subparagraph (A) shall not be eligible to receive leverage under this subchapter until the applicant satisfies the requirements of section 2009cc–8(c) of this title.
(C) Grants
An applicant approved under subparagraph (A) shall be eligible for grants under section 2009cc–7 of this title in proportion to the private capital of the applicant, as determined by the Secretary.
(Pub. L. 87–128, title III, §384D, as added Pub. L. 107–171, title VI, §6029, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 391.)

MITT ROMNEY, ALSO LARRY SIVERSTEIN, FORMED A VENTURE CAPITAL FIRM
Mitt Romney’s claim to fame was his leadership in a Venture Capital Firm, Bain Capital, financed by the Department of Agriculture, really the Commodity Credit Corporation, became the governor of Massachusetts, passed the health care law based on the Employees Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, Public Law 93-406.
Massachusetts Health Care Law

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
HOUSE . . . . . . . No. 4850
AN ACT PROVIDING ACCESS TO AFFORDABLE, QUALITY, ACCOUNTABLE HEALTH CARE

“Group health plan ”, an employee welfare benefit plan, as
defined in section 3(1) of the Employee Retirement Income Security
Act of 1974, 29 U.S.C. 1002.
Public Law References Public Law 88-272, Public Law 91-172, Public Law 93-406

FOREIGN APPLICATION OF ERISA P.L. 93-406
26 U.S.C. 406 - EMPLOYEES OF FOREIGN AFFILIATES COVERED BY SECTION 3121(L) AGREEMENTS WAS AMENDED BY PUBLIC LAW 93-406, IS THE EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT INCOME SECURITY ACT ALSO KNOWN AS ERISA.
THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT IS AN AMENDMENT TO ERISA, NOT POSITIVE LAW,
Statutes at Large Reference 78 Stat. 58 Government owned Corporations

Brett85
10-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Why exactly are we supposed to hate Goldman Sachs?

angelatc
10-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Bailouts.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Don't forget the derivatives.

fr33
10-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Goldman Sachs created the banking crisis in 2008 and benefited the most from the bailouts. It isn't a coincidence that the job of Secretary of Treasury is a revolving door to Goldman no matter who is president. They run the government and manipulate every action the Federal Reserve makes. Goldman is immune to any negative result of the govt. They are the beneficiaries to whatever happens. They always come out on top.

Feeding the Abscess
10-26-2013, 10:43 PM

Revolving door with the Treasury and other departments in the government.

puppetmaster
10-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Guilt by association I choose not the err in GS favor.

puppetmaster
10-27-2013, 01:04 AM

In politics there is no coincidence

AngryCanadian
10-27-2013, 05:30 AM
So the Goldman Sachs are the good guys?

angelatc
10-27-2013, 09:30 AM

You've just discovered that Washington DC is an incestuous cesspool of political corruption? Wait until you start looking at campaign finance reports. You're going to have a freaking stroke.

AnarchoCapitalist
10-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Typical Strawman here boyz ... ignore

enhanced_deficit
10-27-2013, 11:25 AM
This is just a hypothetical Q and not at all suggesting that Goldman Sachs insiders coordinated with Cruzer to do the White House Prayer Stunt for Christians in Iran. But if Ted Cruz offered a prayer at White House for Christians under siege in Palestine, could Goldman Sachs remove him from their health insurance plan legally to punish him?

http://radicallyrural.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/wpid-screenshot_2013-09-28-07-49-01.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=r5WnfD-C6l3cNM&tbnid=g--l23Q1ElZBVM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fradicallyrural.wordpress.com%2F20 13%2F09%2F28%2Fted-cruz-kneels-in-prayer-outside-the-white-house%2F&ei=1kxtUre2AYzpkAeMhYF4&bvm=bv.55123115,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNE2bVNMPctTyydyZ85hLW59chYzpA&ust=1382980872986384)