PDA

View Full Version : NYC: stop and see what you bought while being black policy

aGameOfThrones
10-25-2013, 08:32 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York teen has filed a lawsuit against high-profile department store Barneys New York, the city and its police department over an incident in which he says he was wrongfully detained after making an expensive purchase because he is a young black man.

Another black shopper also has come forward to accuse the store of racial profiling.

In the lawsuit, Trayon Christian, 19, of Queens, said he went to Barneys on Madison Avenue in Manhattan on April 29 and purchased an expensive Ferragamo belt. After leaving, he was accosted by undercover NYPD officers, who said someone at the store had raised concerns over the sale. According to Christian's lawsuit, filed Monday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan, he showed the receipt from the purchase, the debit card he used to make it and identification to the officers, but was told the identification was false and "that he could not afford to make such an expensive purchase."

The lawsuit said he was detained at a precinct in a cell for more than two hours before being released with no charges filed against him. It said the incident was due to "discrimination based on plaintiff's race and age as he was a young black American male."

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-teen-sues-barneys-police-over-purchase-hassle-205254336.html

Snew
10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
NYPD using racist policies? Tell me something I don't know...

jkr
10-25-2013, 10:38 AM
WOW

i say it again:

IH8
NY

Wren
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
//