PDA

View Full Version : 14 year old teen allegedly killed his teacher with box cutter

enhanced_deficit
10-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Mass. town mourns after 14-year-old student charged in death of popular teacher

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_slatest/2013/11/22/colleen_ritzer_murder_14_year_old_philip_d_chism_c harged_with_murder_rape/1385135398.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, October 24, 2:38 AM

DANVERS, Mass. — She had a bright smile, a preference for pink, and an admitted overenthusiasm for the subjects she taught. The lanky boy was just a decade younger, new to the school, with a pleasant manner but little to say. Sometime on their last day at the school together Tuesday, prosecutors say, teacher Colleen Ritzer and 14-year-old student Philip Chism crossed paths, and he killed her.

Ritzer’s body was later found in the woods behind Danvers High School, where she taught and Chism attended classes. And on Wednesday, Chism was being held without bail after being arraigned on a murder charge.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/town-mourns-after-14-year-old-student-charged-in-death-of-popular-teacher/2013/10/24/73049cdc-3c75-11e3-b0e7-716179a2c2c7_story.html

ronpaulfollower999
10-25-2013, 05:07 AM
She probably refused to sleep with him.

ronpaulfollower999
10-25-2013, 05:09 AM
“She came over and said, ‘I didn’t know you draw,’ and he said, ‘yes,’ then later on, she said, ‘Can you stay after with me?’” Rhaddaoui said. “Obviously, he stayed after because when I was leaving, he was still at his desk.”

Weird.

tangent4ronpaul
10-25-2013, 05:50 AM
Re: thread title... It was a black kid that murdered a white teacher.

lets leep the facts straight.

-t

Danke
10-25-2013, 09:20 AM

-t

The authorities say he is white.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcqZ9l9lcA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIibK0GTXCaQCAamJAepm1g

ZENemy
10-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Maybe he is a "white african", ya know like zimmerman, he was a "white Hispanic"

green73
10-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Covered in blood, student changed clothes and used teacher's credit card for meal at Wendy's (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-stayed-final-bell-danvers-high-school-teacher-allegedly-killing-bathroom-article-1.1496308)

...Went to the movies (http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/10/official_14_year_old_went_to_movies_after_killing_ teacher)

Danke
10-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Covered in blood, student changed clothes and used teacher's credit card for meal at Wendy's (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-stayed-final-bell-danvers-high-school-teacher-allegedly-killing-bathroom-article-1.1496308)

Well if you just hacked someone to death, dragged their body and dumped it in the woods behind the school, wouldn't you be pretty hungry?

green73
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Well if you just hacked someone to death, dragged their body and dumped it in the woods behind the school, wouldn't you be pretty hungry?

Yeah, but for Wendy's?

Danke
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, but for Wendy's?

Have you had one of their Frostys?!

enhanced_deficit
10-25-2013, 12:57 PM

-t

Looking at form enteries in video Danke posted above, perhaps looks can be deceiving.

heavenlyboy34
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcqZ9l9lcA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIibK0GTXCaQCAamJAepm1g
Look in the background on the shelves-copies of 1984 and Gulag Archipelago...and a skull. :eek:

jmdrake
10-25-2013, 01:27 PM

Okay. Stone me for pointing this out. But the victim looks like a Playboy bunny on her Facebook pic shown at 0:33. And she interacted with students on this Facebook page? Yes the kid, assuming he's guilty, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But...one has to wonder what was going on.

Danke
10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Okay. Stone me for pointing this out. But the victim looks like a Playboy bunny on her Facebook pic shown at 0:33. And she interacted with students on this Facebook page? Yes the kid, assuming he's guilty, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But...one has to wonder what was going on.

She held him after class to help him prepare for a test. She went to the bathroom, he came up a short while later, according to the report.

James Madison
10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Looking at form enteries in video Danke posted above, perhaps looks can be deceiving.

Race: White
Complexion: Dark

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/185/168/misc-jackie-chan-l.png

Danke
10-25-2013, 01:31 PM

I'd say he looks more like Obama's son than Trayvon Martin.

jmdrake
10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
She held him after class to help him prepare for a test. She went to the bathroom, he came up a short while later, according to the report.

Yeah...that's the official report. We get lots of official reports. But the whole Playboy bunny thing is still weird. In some ways life was so much better pre Internet.

AFPVet
10-25-2013, 01:58 PM
They showed streams of him appearing for arraignment with a face full of attitude. I just wish someone could've helped her. This just goes to show you that school security/SROs are inadequate. Teachers/staff need to be armed.

enhanced_deficit
10-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd say he looks more like Obama's son than Trayvon Martin.

Even so, we can't expect Obama to hit the teleprompters to address the nation on this issue. Although it was expected in case of execution killing of unarmed black mother Miriam Carey by DC police just blocks away from Obama's residence.

MelissaWV
10-26-2013, 06:17 PM
So using thread logic, something was likely going on with some lanky pimply-faced student because she looked like a "Playboy bunny"? Well that's... nvm idk what word to put there.

ETA: Oh I finally saw the "Playboy bunny" image. Really? A lot of Playboy bunnies cover up their assets and dress in rather homemade looking bear costumes that look like they belong in drama club? It looks like a pretty tame Halloween costume or just that --- something worn as part of a play.

enhanced_deficit
10-26-2013, 06:23 PM
So using thread logic, something was likely going on with some lanky pimply-faced student because she looked like a "Playboy bunny"? Well that's... nvm idk what word to put there.

That is not thread's logic. A personal photo is not basis for anything.

Yeah...that's the official report. We get lots of official reports. But the whole Playboy bunny thing is still weird. In some ways life was so much better pre Internet.

Where are you seeing any evidence that her personal photo in "playboy bunny" costume had anything to do with this gruesome murder?

FloralScent
10-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Police fear Massachusetts teen was 'infatuated with young teacher and slashed her throat with a box cutter after she spurned his advances (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2475007/Police-fear-Danvers-student-Philip-Chism-infatuated-Colleen-Ritzer.html)
They've shut down comments for some reason.

libertyjam
10-27-2013, 05:40 AM

Where are you seeing any evidence that her personal photo in "playboy bunny" costume had anything to do with this gruesome murder?

Looked more like a teddy bear halloween costume to me, those a re teddy bear ears not bunny ears. Which is all irrelevant to her role as a teacher.

TruckinMike
10-27-2013, 06:42 AM
They showed streams of him appearing for arraignment with a face full of attitude. I just wish someone could've helped her. This just goes to show you that school security/SROs are inadequate. Teachers/staff need to be armed.

Save the Teachers! - BAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Ender
10-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Police fear Massachusetts teen was 'infatuated with young teacher and slashed her throat with a box cutter after she spurned his advances (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2475007/Police-fear-Danvers-student-Philip-Chism-infatuated-Colleen-Ritzer.html)
They've shut down comments for some reason.

She was the one that asked him to stay after school; whole thing sounds questionable to me.

libertyjam
10-27-2013, 02:36 PM
She was the one that asked him to stay after school; whole thing sounds questionable to me.

Yea, I'm sure his goofing off in class had nothing to do with it.

jmdrake
10-27-2013, 02:37 PM

ETA: Oh I finally saw the "Playboy bunny" image. Really? A lot of Playboy bunnies cover up their assets and dress in rather homemade looking bear costumes that look like they belong in drama club? It looks like a pretty tame Halloween costume or just that --- something worn as part of a play.

Ummmm...you just took a huge leap of logic. I never said she was going with him. I said it was weird. I don't interact with teens on Farcebook and I don't put up pics of me in sexually suggestive costumes. But hey, stretch the truth all you want.

Edit: And there's no way in hell that would pass as some tame school "bear play" costume. :rolleyes:

Not the outfit, but close:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1190230452/2013-New-Halloween-Christmas-animal-custumes-font-b-Teddy-b-font-font-b-Bear-b-font.jpg

jmdrake
10-27-2013, 02:39 PM

Oh for crying out loud! I didn't say it was anything but weird! Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Maybe dude that killed her saw the pic and thought "Hey, she looks hot! I'd like to do her." Then again maybe he never went on her Facebook at all. Who knows? It's just an oddity at this point.

Edit: And I see the problem that you and MelissaVW are having. We are so politically correct in this country that people aren't able to even wonder about the obvious odd without someone else jumping on the defensive. "Oh she should be able to put up whatever picture she wanted." Of course. She had the right to pose freaking nude for all I care. That said, whoever killed her was obviously deranged and possibly sexually so.

MelissaWV
10-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Ummmm...you just took a huge leap of logic. I never said she was going with him. I said it was weird. I don't interact with teens on Farcebook and I don't put up pics of me in costumes that look like nightgowns or the male equivalent of it. But hey, stretch the truth all you want.

Yeah a chick in a bear costume that covers everything is totally the same as a Playboy bunny. That "nightgown" covers a lot more than most of the outfits her students wear. I'm sure no one else ever wears a Halloween costume that shows *gasp* their legs.

But the victim looks like a Playboy bunny on her Facebook pic shown at 0:33. And she interacted with students on this Facebook page? Yes the kid, assuming he's guilty, should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But...one has to wonder what was going on.

If you didn't mean there was something sexual going on by saying you "have to wonder" about her photo and the fact she interacted with students on Facebook, then my sincerest apologies. What DID you mean?

The modern classroom does find its way to the internet. This isn't crazy. Hell, my sister visits her niece's teachers' Facebook pages for updates on assignments and upcoming events.

It's just such a weird thing for you guys to fixate on. Maybe this guy didn't do it, but it seems kind of likely based on what little's been released to the public. The rush to dig around and find a sleazier motive is always saddening. It happens the other way around even more often: if a teen girl killed her male teacher, immediately there'd be a witch hunt to see if he'd been molesting her, instead of realizing maybe sometimes teens are just psychopaths.

MelissaWV
10-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Oh for crying out loud! I didn't say it was anything but weird! Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Maybe dude that killed her saw the pic and thought "Hey, she looks hot! I'd like to do her." Then again maybe he never went on her Facebook at all. Who knows? It's just an oddity at this point.

Edit: And I see the problem that you and MelissaVW are having. We are so politically correct in this country that people aren't able to even wonder about the obvious odd without someone else jumping on the defensive. "Oh she should be able to put up whatever picture she wanted." Of course. She had the right to pose freaking nude for all I care. That said, whoever killed her was obviously deranged and possibly sexually so.

I don't see where this photo was distributed to the students, or even accessible to them, but then again it's just a footnote in a random news story. If the person that killed her was sexually deranged and so turned on by a glimpse of her legs below the knees, he could have easily just taken a gander at her in summer. The photo of her in an evening dress shows more, being that it's off the shoulder.

jmdrake
10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah a chick in a bear costume that covers everything is totally the same as a Playboy bunny. That "nightgown" covers a lot more than most of the outfits her students wear. I'm sure no one else ever wears a Halloween costume that shows *gasp* their legs.

:rolleyes: Some playboy bunny outfits cover as much.

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/Product/medium/dg/playboy-bunny-dress-3527.jpg

So get off your high horse.

If you didn't mean there was something sexual going on by saying you "have to wonder" about her photo and the fact she interacted with students on Facebook, then my sincerest apologies. What DID you mean?

I meant exactly what I said. I don't put up suggestive pictures of myself on websites that I'm interacting with teens on. I call that common sense. Maybe you don't. That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I find that in poor taste. Maybe you don't. We can agree to disagree. But it's dishonest for you to claim that I said she was definitely having sex with that particular student. Got it?

jmdrake
10-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I don't see where this photo was distributed to the students, or even accessible to them, but then again it's just a footnote in a random news story. If the person that killed her was sexually deranged and so turned on by a glimpse of her legs below the knees, he could have easily just taken a gander at her in summer. The photo of her in an evening dress shows more, being that it's off the shoulder.

The "bear" outfit looks like something a woman would wear to bed, not like something she would wear to a ball.

MelissaWV
10-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Ummmm...you just took a huge leap of logic. I never said she was going with him. I said it was weird. I don't interact with teens on Farcebook and I don't put up pics of me in sexually suggestive costumes. But hey, stretch the truth all you want.

Edit: And there's no way in hell that would pass as some tame school "bear play" costume. :rolleyes:

Not the outfit, but close:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1190230452/2013-New-Halloween-Christmas-animal-custumes-font-b-Teddy-b-font-font-b-Bear-b-font.jpg

I guess they do look close to being alike, or something...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473210-18EE193600000578-185_634x668.jpg

The photo came from a relative, and wasn't on the deceased's FB page, but I guess it's still weird and tantalizing to teens interacting with her on her own FB page. It is strange that a relative would have a photo of her, happy, in an outfit she seems to have made for herself, that covers more than a swimsuit.

You're absolutely right, too. No one would wear something like that to perform. Not cheerleaders (it covers too much), not Rockettes (too long), not ice skaters (again, covers too much), not swimmers, or volleyball players, or ...

Again, it's just a strange thing to fixate on.

MelissaWV
10-27-2013, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes: Some playboy bunny outfits cover as much.

So get off your high horse.

I meant exactly what I said. I don't put up suggestive pictures of myself on websites that I'm interacting with teens on. I call that common sense. Maybe you don't. That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I find that in poor taste. Maybe you don't. We can agree to disagree. But it's dishonest for you to claim that I said she was definitely having sex with that particular student. Got it?

Yeah that dress is totally as long as the one the deceased is wearing. You got me.

"High horse" would suggest I'm looking down my nose at someone, kind of like passing judgment on someone who posed for a photo of themselves in a pretty tame Halloween-looking outfit and comparing them to someone who poses nude in magazines for a living, and giving a little eyebrow waggle and going "isn't that weird of her?"

The photo was on the deceased's FB page now? Weird. They credited a relative with the photo.

Meh whatever; agree to disagree sounds just fine. It's obvious this salacious bear outfit has something to do with it all. Perhaps the teen is a budding furry, watched "What Does the Fox Say?" and developed an unquenchable desire for the girl in the bear outfit.

Thankfully no one else important posts photos of themselves showing a bunch of skin.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4f6b7baeecad04ec0f000024/ron-paul-swimming.jpg

New theory: That man lost the election. He is on a bunch of websites posing and showing how much more fit he is than the other candidates. Isn't that weird?

Ender
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Yea, I'm sure his goofing off in class had nothing to do with it.

He wasn't "goofing off" according to the article- he was drawing.

Danke
10-27-2013, 05:14 PM
He wasn't "goofing off" according to the article- he was drawing.

I'm confused, so it was an art class, not a math class?

Ender
10-27-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm confused, so it was an art class, not a math class?

I never took notes in college- and many times I would draw as I listened. And I was an A student. Arts connect the brain. The number one major accepted to Med School is the music major.

ANYWAY- thought this was weird:

He left the theater about 6:10 p.m., when the film was over, and smashed his and Ritzer’s cellphones in the parking lot, WHDH-TV reported. He then went to a nearby Wendy’s restaurant and used the slain teacher’s credit card to buy a meal.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-stayed-final-bell-danvers-high-school-teacher-allegedly-killing-bathroom-article-1.1496308#ixzz2iy2mt6af

What was on the phones?

enhanced_deficit
02-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Life for schoolboy who raped and killed teacher before dumping her in woods using a wheelie bin

27 Feb 2016
By Sophie Evans

PHILIP Chism murdered teacher Colleen Ritzer in the school toilets before brazenly wheeling her body through the school in a bin and dumping the body in the woods.

Philip Chism will spend a minimum of 40 years behind bars AN AMERICAN school pupil (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/schools) has been jailed for life for raping and then killing his maths teacher at a Massachusetts high school.
Philip Chism followed teacher Colleen Ritzer into the school toilets before stabbing, strangling and raping the young teacher.
Aged just 14 at the time, Chism then wheeled the 24-year-old's body through the school in a recycling bin before dumping the body in the woods.
Horrific CCTV footage captured the student pushing the blue bin toward woodland, where he buried Ms Ritzer, before returning from the area covered in blood.
Later that night, Chism went to the cinema and paid for a ticket with the teacher's credit card (http://ww.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/credit-cards) .

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7452396.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Colleen-Ritzer.jpg

He was described as 'pure evil' by the victim's father, who sat in court alongside other relatives to watch Chism being sentenced for his daughter's murder.
The grieving family members all wore pink, Ms Ritzer's favourite colour.
Chism, now 17, was handed 25 years to life in prison for the murder charge.
He was also sentenced to 40 years behind bars for counts of aggravated rape and armed robbery.
Because the sentences will run concurrently, the teenager (http://ww.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/teenagers) could be eligible for parole in four decades' time - 10 years less than what prosecutors had asked the judge to impose.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/life-schoolboy-who-raped-killed-7452927

A. Havnes
02-28-2016, 07:28 PM
So, did he think he wouldn't be caught using his deceased teacher's credit card? Weird story, and very tragic all around.