PDA

View Full Version : How to Fight the Corporatocracy and WIN - Video

DamianTV
10-24-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q7l0XgD2MIE

Natural Citizen
10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately have to spread some rep around, DamianTV. Sadly, the "liberty" movement itself is one of the hurdles that must be exposed for their support of this corporate tyranny (note 4:03) while in pursuit of repatriation of personhood in it's natural form and all of the huuman rights and representation that once came with it.

donnay
10-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Excellent video! +rep

kcchiefs6465
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
With regards to McDonalds in the Austrailian town, if nine of ten people don't want it, what's the harm in it being there? (with regards to the video's claims of hurting local restaurants) Hell if they really wanted to harm McDonalds they could allow it to be there, no one would want it, it would be unprofitable and close and cost the company a couple million. More importantly though, what about the one out of ten (who may only make a few dollars an hour) who wishes to enjoy a cheap "burger" every now and again? Because most of the city's population doesn't want it they must suffer? Because you (generically speaking) don't like what the "burger" is made out of? The market will dictate what is successful or un. The thing people should focus on is the government collusion with these corporations. Whether through the World Bank, the IMF, regulations written by the monopolies to prohibit competition, etc.

donnay
10-24-2013, 06:59 PM
With regards to McDonalds in the Austrailian town, if nine of ten people don't want it, what's the harm in it being there? (with regards to the video's claims of hurting local restaurants) Hell if they really wanted to harm McDonalds they could allow it to be there, no one would want it, it would be unprofitable and close and cost the company a couple million. More importantly though, what about the one out of ten (who may only make a few dollars an hour) who wishes to enjoy a cheap "burger" every now and again? Because most of the city's population doesn't want it they must suffer? Because you (generically speaking) don't like what the "burger" is made out of? The market will dictate what is successful or un. The thing people should focus on is the government collusion with these corporations. Whether through the World Bank, the IMF, regulations written by the monopolies to prohibit competition, etc.

That's just it, the cheap burger is a slow kill. It's slowly killing your body and slowly killing the small businesses. Does anyone REALLY know what is in that cheap burger? There is absolutely no transparency and the reason it tastes so good is it is loaded with MSG--which is killing brain cells. So as this government takes away the wealth of the nation, most people will rely on the cheap burger to put something in their empty belly. Nevertheless, the more activist that make other people aware of these aspects the less these corporations/government will be allowed to dominate our lives. Vote with your wallet, so to speak.

We need a free market with competition and government out of it, completely!

kcchiefs6465
10-24-2013, 08:48 PM
That's just it, the cheap burger is a slow kill. It's slowly killing your body and slowly killing the small businesses. Does anyone REALLY know what is in that cheap burger? There is absolutely no transparency and the reason it tastes so good is it is loaded with MSG--which is killing brain cells. So as this government takes away the wealth of the nation, most people will rely on the cheap burger to put something in their empty belly. Nevertheless, the more activist that make other people aware of these aspects the less these corporations/government will be allowed to dominate our lives. Vote with your wallet, so to speak.

We need a free market with competition and government out of it, completely!
I don't know the entirety of what's in my cigarettes and I still smoke them... even knowing it isn't good for my health. There are a million different killers out there. Fast food is bad but between that and starving I'd choose a cheap "burger." MSG my heart to hell is the way I feel about it. It's a balance though; some may have trouble with. Outlawing McDonalds hardly seems a solution. I speak of governing at a local level but locales enact tyrannical statutes daily. I wish to be free.

Prohibiting a McDonalds from opening because of the majority's opinion even at a local level is something I could not endorse. The people rule locally insofar as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others.

I do agree with what you said regarding the free market. To me that is the government getting out of the way instead of more regulations prohibiting this or that. A reason why I cannot start the business I've been thinking of is the sheer cost of beginning it. I know I'm not the only one. I am confident that without these regulatory schemes society would better prosper.