PDA

View Full Version : Poll: VA Gov Race A Toss Up

RonPaulFanInGA
10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/24/Exclusive-Poll-VA-Gov-Race-A-Toss-Up

A new poll, provided exclusively to Breitbart News, finds the Virginia Governor's race a virtual dead-heat, with Democrat Terry McAuliffe leading Republican Ken Cuccinelli 41%-40%. Libertarian Robert Sarvis garners 10% and 9% of likely voters remain undecided. With less than two weeks to go, the race is a toss-up that will likely be decided by turnout, a critical factor in an off-year election.

The poll comes from Wenzel Strategies, which accurately predicted closing momentum for Sens. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Deb Fischer, among others. The slight edge McAuliffe holds is due mostly to stronger support within his partisan base. 81% of Democrats support McAuliffe, against just 68% of Republicans who support Cuccinelli.

Cuccinelli's support seems be building, however, has public attention moves away from the recent government shutdown to the failing implementation of ObamaCare. Cuccinelli was a leading national figure suing to overturn the health care law.

The closeness of the race is apparent in the millions spent by left-wing groups to support McAuliffe in the closing days. In addition, Hillary and Bill Clinton, close allies of McAuliffe have made themselves permanent fixtures in the Commonwealth campaign on his behalf.

Paulbot99
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I hate to say this, but I hope Cuccinelli wins. The Democrats lately have seemed to be the lesser of two evils.

FrankRep
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Hopefully Ron Paul's endorsement of Cuccinelli will get him the victory.

No1butPaul
10-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Libertarian Robert Sarvis garners 10% and 9% of likely voters remain undecided.

You would think Ron Paul would have swung their votes ... it could be the difference between Hillary getting Virginia or the Republican (maybe Rand). I wish Sarvis would drop out!