PDA

View Full Version : President Obama To Present Ultimatum On Immigration Reform - Live Webcast

Lucille
10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
We barely get to take a breath and the demagogues fire up the next big drama.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-24/president-obama-present-ultimatum-immigration-reform-live-webcast

Having seen his "unconditional surrender or default" strategy work over the debt ceiling, we wonder what 'ultimatum' President Obama has up his sleeve to get the Immigration Bill passed...

Republicans After Shutdown Seen Losing Again Defying Immigration
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-24/republicans-after-shutdown-seen-losing-again-defying-immigration.html?cmpid=yhoo

Statement Today

With the fiscal crisis temporarily resolved, the president has been forced to focus on fixing website failures on his health-care law, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Obama plans to make a statement this morning urging Congress to pass legislation. He has no nationwide barnstorming tour scheduled to promote the issue, according to administration officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss internal strategy.

In remarks after the partial government shutdown ended last week, the president listed immigration first among three legislative priorities, along with action on the budget and passage of a farm bill.

“Let’s not leave this problem to keep festering for another year or two years or three years,” he said on Oct. 17. “This can and should get done by the end of this year.”

Scolding Republicans

He then scolded the same Republican lawmakers whose votes he’ll need for the House to approve Senate-passed legislation.

“There are folks on the other side who think that my policies are misguided,” he said. “We shouldn’t fail to act on areas that we do agree or could agree just because we don’t think it’s good politics, just because the extremes in our party don’t like the word ‘compromise.’

YHGTBFKM. To O Duce, "compromise" means him getting everything he wants.

I am so sick of this guy, I could run screaming into the streets.

angelatc
10-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Having seen his "unconditional surrender or default" strategy work over the debt ceiling, we wonder what 'ultimatum' President Obama has up his sleeve to get the Immigration Bill passed...

This is exactly right. They know that the GOP is fractured, and heck - half of them want amnesty. What a great plan going into election season - they can start calling us all racists who hate immigrants. Especially immigrant women.

I don't have the answers, but as long as the GOP is reduced to nothing more than merely pathetically scrambling around trying to keep the Democrats from accomplishing anything, I don't hold out much hope for the country I want to live in.

The GOP needs a leader. Preferably one with a vision that isn't merely, "spreading democracy around the world!"