PDA

View Full Version : Police AR-15 goes off in school. Several kids injured

alucard13mm
10-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Happened a few miles from me.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-gun-goes-off-chino-000738657.html

video at link.

Seems police were showing off their guns at school lol.

youngbuck
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Ban cops.

Pericles
10-23-2013, 11:02 PM
No doubt the only one in that school qualified to carry that weapon:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Should make them keep their bullet in their pocket till they need to use it.

bolil
10-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Cmon now, we all know the students of that school could have hurt this pig. So really, what happened, is God intervened and preempted a horde of prepubescent cop killers from doing what they could have done.

Thank State! The officer is safe.

pcosmar
10-23-2013, 11:19 PM
SMFH

Philhelm
10-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Did all of the police officers go home safely?

aGameOfThrones
10-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Only cops should have guns near children.

mrsat_98
10-24-2013, 04:10 AM
Thank State! + Rep

Did all of the police officers go home safely?

No, they all had guns.

tod evans
10-24-2013, 04:58 AM
I don't click you-hoo links so didn't watch the vid..

How in the Sam-hell does a gun "go off" in a school without some moron loading it and then pulling the trigger?

I don't even need to ask if the cops responsible will be held accountable. :rolleyes:

puppetmaster
10-24-2013, 04:59 AM
Felony at the very minimum.

tod evans
10-24-2013, 05:00 AM

Yeah right..

Anti Federalist
10-24-2013, 05:03 AM
On a motorcycle?

Elias Graves
10-24-2013, 05:07 AM

Seriously. I mean, who put up a school at the gun range anyway? Seems to me the board of education has some questions to answer.

MRK
10-24-2013, 06:55 AM
This reminds me of the video where the cop is telling a bunch of kids how no one else is qualified to handle a gun except for him.

And here it is:

"See, this is an unloaded gun. This is a glock 40... I'm the only one in this room professional enough that I know of to carry this Glock 40. I'm the only" BANG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02fDSAGk5s

10-24-2013, 07:29 AM
How could this happen? Schools are gun free zones? Oh yeah... :rolleyes:

presence
10-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't click you-hoo links so didn't watch the vid..

How in the Sam-hell does a gun "go off" in a school without some moron loading it and then pulling the trigger?

I don't even need to ask if the cops responsible will be held accountable. :rolleyes:

The gun was mounted on a rack on a cop motorcycle "on display"; a kid walked up and pulled the trigger. Boom.

fisharmor
10-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Typical, press is reporting it as an accidental discharge.
For modern weapons, there is no such thing as an accidental discharge.
It was a negligent discharge.

erowe1
10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
I hate the use of the impersonal "goes off" in that headline.

Imagine if they put it that way at Sandy Hook.

tod evans
10-24-2013, 08:05 AM
The gun was mounted on a rack on a cop motorcycle "on display"; a kid walked up and pulled the trigger. Boom.

So some brain surgeon of a cop brings a loaded gun for show-n-tell, clicks the safety off and turns the kids loose?

Gee, I wonder what could go wrong..

pcosmar
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
So some brain surgeon of a cop brings a loaded gun for show-n-tell, clicks the safety off and turns the kids loose?

Gee, I wonder what could go wrong..

???. Quite stupid.. leaving a loaded gun on display unsecured..
I just wonder what the headline would have been if it got switched to "Rock&Roll".

Sandy Hook redo?

Elias Graves
10-24-2013, 08:10 AM

Imagine if they put it that way at Sandy Hook.

Ive owned many guns. Never seen one "go off" without someone pulling the trigger.

pcosmar
10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Ive owned many guns. Never seen one "go off" without someone pulling the trigger.

Someone did pull the trigger. One of the kids.

Better Question,, Why was there a loaded weapon left there unsecured?

tod evans
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM

It's okay in this instance, cops are authorized to leave loaded firearms lying around for kids to play with..:rolleyes:

WM_in_MO
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM
It's okay in this instance, cops are authorized to leave loaded firearms lying around for kids to play with..:rolleyes:
it's in that training they get.

Uriel999
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
No doubt the only one in that school qualified to carry that weapon:rolleyes:

Man, I would rep you but I gotta spread the love around a bit more.

A) Why was the weapon not condition 4
B) Why was the weapon "on display" instead of on the pig. In the USMC I am never allowed to be more than arms reach away from my weapon at any time unless I have turned it into the armory! If it not in the armory it is with me that simple.

brushfire
10-24-2013, 08:42 AM
"The officers gun went off"..
Are you f'n kidding me? As though an AR just blood lusts for children and then discharges like some sort of premature firearm ejaculation? The sheer excitement of being surrounded by innocent child victims, just causes the rifle to go off? Really?

"Accidental discharge"? They left the firearm unsecured and exposed - unsupervised? I believe the term is "negligent discharge". What would have happened if the child decided to kill his fellow classmates? What would be the narrative then? What if the kid took the rifle back to the classroom and hid it behind fozzie bear for use later?

HOW ABOUT THIS?

"The officer failed to secure his rifle, and a child picked it up. The rifle was then discharged into the ground by the child."

IMO, the officer should face the same fate as any other citizen would. Gross negligence... Endangering the lives of all of those children... What would happen to you or I if we had a friend of our child discharge a rifle, even on our property? What would that child's parents do to one of us, as the home owner? It seems as though this cop is unfit to carry any firearm - I would hope he would face some kind of charges. ...but he's not a "normal citizen", is he? Ridiculous...

VBRonPaulFan
10-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Typical, press is reporting it as an accidental discharge.
For modern weapons, there is no such thing as an accidental discharge.
It was a negligent discharge.

That isn't true, poor quality firearms are still made today, same as it has always been.

Brazilian Police Recall 98,000 Taurus 24/7 DS Pistols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozvZDLvMoac

fisharmor
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
I knew I would get flak, 'cause I always do for that statement.

That isn't true, poor quality firearms are still made today, same as it has always been.

Brazilian Police Recall 98,000 Taurus 24/7 DS Pistols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozvZDLvMoac

So, what is this portion of a report in Portugese which obviously has the gunshot sound-engineered in supposed to show me, exactly?
Do you have evidence other than this video? Because no other website seems to.

Why do other websites take care to note that none of the guns produced by Taurus USA have this issue?
Has Taurus Brazil commented on this yet?

Nope - all we have is a police recall. Let's not forget that the police are the people who are leaving loaded AR-15's on their motorcycles for children to play with - so I don't necessarily trust their judgment on the matter.

Occam's Banana
10-24-2013, 10:10 AM

By the wondrously transformative magic of modern "journalism," that's how!

Recall this bit of euphemistic hocus-pocus in the Miriam Carrey case: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429503-US-Capitol-Crasher-Obama-is-Stalking-Me!

The police shot at her, and she died a short time later.

You see, the police did not kill Miriam Carrey. Oh, no, not at all!
They merely "shot at her" - and she just coincidentally happened to die "a short time later."

Likewise with this AR-15 "going off." Cause and effect? The agency of human action?
Bah!! Who needs 'em? Stuff just mysteriously sorta "happens," that's all ...

JK/SEA
10-24-2013, 10:14 AM
defective AR....expect a recall rant by Piers Morgan....

Snew
10-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Gun control for cops!

TonySutton
10-24-2013, 10:27 AM
had the same child done this in his home with his father's gun, his dad would be looking at jail time.

presence
10-24-2013, 10:35 AM
had the same child done this in his home with his father's gun, his dad would be looking at jail time.

Looking at? He'd be waiting weeks for a bail hearing.