PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Owned This Debate!

reduen
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Enough said!! :cool:

rooteroa
11-28-2007, 09:15 PM
the 3 or 4 times they let him speak

Beerhall Agitator
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
He did well with the fraction of the time he had. Good thing he has money to run ads and let people know who he is.

winston_blade
He was the only one who didn't get attacked and gave good answers. He won this debate on all fronts.

Matthew Zak
He was the only one who didn't get attacked and gave good answers. He won this debate on all fronts.

McCain attacked him, but his response was his shining moment.

SonicInfinity
11-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Unfortunately, the sheeple all booed him when he responded.

Brad Zink
11-28-2007, 09:19 PM

Exactly. Dr. Paul whipped John McCain when McCain tried to compare Iraq to Nazi Germany, and again when McCain blamed the American people for Vietnam. Also, Dr. Paul reminded McCain that the troops are supporting Ron Paul for President above all others!

wgadget
11-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Did Romney and Rudy buy this audience out, too?

thuja
11-28-2007, 09:20 PM

absolutely

XelR8r
11-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Dr. Paul killed it at the end.

He is our next President!!!

MozoVote
11-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Honestly, I don't think Ron got much out of this debate. Most of his time was giving 30 second responses, and he's still being heckled and marginalized by the other candidates.

Sadly, Huckabee stole that "get rid of the IRS" line and ran away with it. :(

The best news I suppose was how poorly Romney did. At least the pro-war vote will still get split.

ajuggalossickness
11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
up untill the end i thought we lost this one then its like cnn in there own weird way set this up with his ad which was the best and then the who millions raised and crowds at rallys. we hit a cord on that and it will stick in the mind of all the people who dont watch the after show show

partypooper
11-28-2007, 09:26 PM
i think huckabee owned the debate, actually. i think huckabee is hitler of sorts, but somehow he knows how to appear acceptable to a below average mind - and that is 50% of the population. nobody else did well in my opinion (i think both guiliani and romney are gonna hurt after this - but especially romney) and i am pretty sure that we are gonna see huckabee rise even more.

dr paul did ok by his standards. he gets the most weird questions and the least time.

but he simply doesn't do well in this format and perhaps he should have trained how to perform better. it's not about pandering, it is about acquiring the skill to select the most devastating argument and express the point in 30 seconds. to have the skill you need the practice.

the skill is irrelevant for the president, but it is probably a necessity if you want to become one.

Vvick727
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
it was weird, McCain said we were losing the war in the beginning..

then when responding to Dr. Paul, he said we're winning..

StephanieRelfe
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
That ad of Ron's is sensational.

Mental Dribble
11-28-2007, 09:29 PM
The ad was excellent, props for whoever made it.

Vvik he acutally just mentioend the failues in Iraq, IE going in with the wrong strat, so he never said we were now loosing. I cant see how it can get confused though.

ronpaulitician
11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
He owned it for 3 or 4 minutes out of 120.

Undecided voters will be affected mostly by how much positive airtime each candidate gets.

Huckabee didn't get that much more time than Paul, but he got questions like "Do you believe in the Bible?" and "What would Jesus do?" I think he came out the winner, as was evidenced by the undecided voters that were shown afterwards. I didn't really see any reason to distrust that their opinions were honest.

StephanieRelfe
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
This was a set up - pure and simple. At least we got the ad on - and at the end so it will stick in people's minds better than all the fluffy stuff.

The good thing about Huckabee was that someone (I can't remember who) showed that great video of him saying it's okay to raise taxes.

RP did fantastic talking about the $4 mililon in one day - they panned to the audience then and most of them had dropped their jaws - they obviously hadn't heard about it before.

Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you.

It's nice that CNN is only on cable. How many viewers saw this?

ronpaulitician
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
up untill the end i thought we lost this one then its like cnn in there own weird way set this up with his ad which was the best and then the who millions raised and crowds at rallys. we hit a cord on that and it will stick in the mind of all the people who dont watch the after show show
Yeah, the ad plus the softball question at the end somewhat saved the debate for Paul.

Best to finish strong.

StephanieRelfe
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
RP's answer on the North American Union was perfect. Make sure that bit gets saved for youtube please!!!

VIDEODROME
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
RP's answer on the North American Union was perfect. Make sure that bit gets saved for youtube please!!!

Yeah they seemed to want to stick him with fringe groups. That was a tough one to down play it as weird "conspiracy theory" and describe at more a opposing philosophy between sovereignty and globalization.

partypooper
11-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Huckabee didn't get that much more time than Paul, but he got questions like "Do you believe in the Bible?" and "What would Jesus do?" I think he came out the winner, as was evidenced by the undecided voters that were shown afterwards. I didn't really see any reason to distrust that their opinions were honest.

i think one question that huckabee screwed was the mars question. tancredo had a great comeback to that. i hope that goes to haunt him.

also, on why blacks do not vote republican he hinted he supported affirmative action. if that is true, that must be exploited.

and regarding the jesus question - i am just puzzled whey everybody thinks "jesus was too smart to run for office" was such a great answer. if you are really into jesus why do something that jesus wouldn't do or would even consider stupid?