06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Is he trying to spread misinformation?

Should he be banned?

John of Des Moines
06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
so I won't say. And where's Megan?

Noodles
06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh, by all means. Censorship is always good.

Or, we could allow everyone to post, and try to pick which is true, and which is not. Kind of like that whole free speech constitution thingy.

BLS
06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh, by all means. Censorship is always good.

Or, we could allow everyone to post, and try to pick which is true, and which is not. Kind of like that whole free speech constitution thingy.

Where is the censorship??? :confused:

dspectre
06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Maybe he was misinformed, maybe he misinterpreted something...or just maybe, just maybe he is telling the truth.

I don't see what the big deal is, if the official statement supports everyone should go, what do you have to be afraid of?

It sounds like some people are getting upset because things may not pan out the way they had thought...

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
We certainly need to get to the bottom of it at some point, but if it was an honest mistake, we need to let them off the hook. You remember, John, just like we did you just a few days ago. ;)

What's important is that we learn from this so it doesn't happen again, at least with this frequency. Do you think we can get Justine's buy-in that she be the sole source, outside of announcements on ronpaul2008.com, for all such announcements to the grassroots?

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Patience. The campaign will make an announcement today.

Sometimes the wrong information gets spread around. Trevor might have the best of intentions and happened to be misinformed. He also may be right. We will find out soon, just be patient guys and gals.

MGS
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
What did i miss? who is this Trevor dude? what did he say?

BLS
06-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Ok, so we've got one guy convinced that he's 'one of them', and some others who feel maybe he made a mistake, etc.

My question is this.....

It's freaking MONDAY..and people have to make plans to get to Des Moines if they are going. And nobody knows the truth??

Isn't there someone here who has OFFICIAL contact with RP headquarters?
And if so, why the f*ck hasn't he/she called and got a final word?!?!

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Maybe he was misinformed, maybe he misinterpreted something...or just maybe, just maybe he is telling the truth.

I don't see what the big deal is, if the official statement supports everyone should go, what do you have to be afraid of?

It sounds like some people are getting upset because things may not pan out the way they had thought...

Bryan of Iowa posted the email he received from Joe Seehusen, the Iowa coordinator and it said that we should go.

Trevorjustco
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
What did i miss? who is this Trevor dude? what did he say?

I said that Paul Garfield(Michigan Coordinator) told me to relay to Facebook that people who are not in Iowa should stay in their respective states, and if they really want to help, they should donate all of the money that they would have spent on gas and lodging.
There seems to be some miscommunication somewhere. I eagerly away an announcement from Justine to hopefully vindicate me. >_>

Noodles
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Ok, so we've got one guy convinced that he's 'one of them', and some others who feel maybe he made a mistake, etc.

My question is this.....

It's freaking MONDAY..and people have to make plans to get to Des Moines if they are going. And nobody knows the truth??

Isn't there someone here who has OFFICIAL contact with RP headquarters?
And if so, why the f*ck hasn't he/she called and got a final word?!?!

Interstate travel is still allowed in the USA, and I have never asked permission to cross state lines. Go, if you want to. Or not. Wave a sign, if you feel inclined. Or, stay home and send more money. This is not the end of the fight, just the first battle. While Iowa is very important, we've got to have long range plans, too.

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
This is complete chaos.

Decentralization ---> good. Total lack of coordination ---> bad.

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey, ppl.. why can't we keep the peace? Lets not jump to conclusions... lets try to prevent bashing... i dunno.. I hate to see this negativity be so prevalent.

herepamwas
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Interstate travel is still allowed in the USA, and I have never asked permission to cross state lines. Go, if you want to. Or not. Wave a sign, if you feel inclined. Or, stay home and send more money. This is not the end of the fight, just the first battle. While Iowa is very important, we've got to have long range plans, too.

Amen!:D