PDA

View Full Version : Nobel Peace Prize petition for Miriam Carey

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 10:41 AM
A friend floated this idea saying it would get huge number of sponsors. If a petition to Nobel Peace Prize awadrs committee is launched online asking them to award Nobel Peace Prize to Miriam Carey, would you support such a petition?

amy31416
10-22-2013, 10:45 AM
No. It makes about as much sense as giving Obama the Peace Prize pre-emptively, which is to say that it makes no sense.

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 10:49 AM
No. It makes about as much sense as giving Obama the Peace Prize pre-emptively, which is to say that it makes no sense.

Answer to my related question was that her record on Peace is far better than that of Obama, so she should be easily qualified by awards committee that qualified him.

asurfaholic
10-22-2013, 10:57 AM
No.. I'm not seeing guilt, but she hasn't struck me as the second coming of Christ either. I'd rather see Ron Paul get nominated for something relating to peace.

amy31416
10-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Answer to my related question was that her record on Peace is far better than that of Obama, so she should be easily qualified by awards committee that qualified him.

It's a pointless stunt, in my opinion. Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman have better records on Peace too.

There's a better way to point out the evils of our gov't, I hope. It won't get any cop arrested, charged or investigated for her murder.

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
No.. I'm not seeing guilt, but she hasn't struck me as the second coming of Christ either. I'd rather see Ron Paul get nominated for something relating to peace.

Are you saying no wrong was done in killing of an unarmed black mother with her child besides her just feet away from buildings where laws to protect rights are enacted?

It's a pointless stunt, in my opinion.

I find weight in argument that she has more merit than O to receive this award.

Are you saying Nobel Peace prize awards committee did a pointless stunt when they gave the award to O?

Point is that Nobel prizes are being awarded for political agendas and "Justice for Miriam" is a worthy agenda.

angelatc
10-22-2013, 11:08 AM

This.

MichaelDavis
10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
No. She did not do anything worthy of such an award.

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
This.

This:

Point is that Nobel prizes are being awarded for political agendas and "Justice for Miriam" is a worthy agenda.

angelatc
10-22-2013, 11:16 AM
This:

Well then, you go for it!

I think the odds of you winning the Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the effort exceed the odds of her winning it for being shot by the cops. But I have been wrong before!

( By the way, the Committee doesn't accept random petitions. )

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Well then, you go for it!

I think the odds of you winning the Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the effort exceed the odds of her winning it for being shot by the cops. But I have been wrong before!

( By the way, the Committee doesn't accept random petitions. )

I never thought of odds, was just thinking of merit. If you believe a cause is worthy, then odds ought not to be a big factor .. and odds change daily.

For example, if you decide to support such a petition, odds would increase right then and it can be an avalanche process.

angelatc
10-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I never thought of odds, was just thinking of merit. If you believe a cause is worthy, then odds ought not to be a big factor .. and odds change daily.

For example, if you decide to support such a petition, odds would increase right then and it can be an avalanche process.

Heck, I'd sign it just because you asked me to. But I don't think you can make me share your passion.

enhanced_deficit
10-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Heck, I'd sign it just because you asked me to. But I don't think you can make me share your passion.

That is good enough. Besides, usually you just need a few passionate but determined people to change the world.

This petition could be linked to it.
Petition to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailypaul.com%2F297604%2Fpeti tion-to-revoke-obamas-nobel-peace-prize-plus-a-great-huffington-post-article&ei=nblmUrLnLPa14AOXmoGIDg&usg=AFQjCNGMfpvVGZn4rS4DrvW5t4qFdFeyNQ&bvm=bv.55123115,d.dmg)
www.dailypaul.com

fr33
10-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I already signed a petition to get Ron Paul one. I won't be signing any more petitions to that org. They aren't worthy of any of my attention.

Zippyjuan
10-22-2013, 03:07 PM
You will have to contact one of these people- they are the ones who can place a name into nomination (names of nominees are not usually revealed unless the person making the nomination publicizes it):
http://www.nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/

Qualified Nominators

According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:

• Members of national assemblies and governments of states

• Members of international courts

• University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes

• Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

• Board members of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

• Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1)

• Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee )

50 Year Secrecy Rule

The Committee does not itself announce the names of nominees, neither to the media nor to the candidates themselves. In so far as certain names crop up in the advance speculations as to who will be awarded any given year's Prize, this is either sheer guesswork or information put out by the person or persons behind the nomination. Information in the Nobel Committee's nomination database is not made public until after fifty years.

angelatc
10-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Ron Paul has a foreign policy institute now ...

jllundqu
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM
No... While her death was tragic she did nothing to promote peace in the world. I know I know, neither did Obama. non seq

The NPP is a fraud anyway. Hell they gave it to "the European Union' the last time around... It's a joke. So if you want to employ a cheap trick and a joke, yeah, petition for Miriam Carey.

Not that it would mean squat, but if anyone deserves the NPP, its RP, not some deranged woman who was shot in the capitol.

enhanced_deficit
10-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Ok, looks like not many signatures will be coming from here.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef012876400c7c970c-600wi (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=IT40BZe6DVaO1M&tbnid=sMUNBgoLZCrS4M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Flatimesblogs.latimes.com%2Fwashin gton%2F2009%2F12%2Fbarack-obama-nobel-peace-prize-speech-text.html&ei=J2NrUvySOY-HkQeNu4FY&bvm=bv.55123115,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNEbwYtK1IFMlWgfLgkVeGFqqQlrAw&ust=1382855818708672)