PDA

View Full Version : Salon Writer: Let them Secede

AuH20
10-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Finally some common sense.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/just_secede_already_the_obstructionists_arent_goin g_anywhere_maybe_we_should/?source=newsletter

mczerone
10-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Finally some common sense.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/just_secede_already_the_obstructionists_arent_goin g_anywhere_maybe_we_should/?source=newsletter

That truth isn’t simply that our government is under attack from a band of domestic anarchists—presumably everyone can see that—but that the attack is working. No matter when the current crisis is declared “over,” its damage has already been done. The victory already claimed by those out to drive the American government to its knees will simply embolden the infidels to mount another attack once they’ve licked their wounds, regrouped and gained strength for another Pickett’s Charge.

I love the "tolerant left".

Seraphim
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
God forbid someone stand up to Big Government and try to re-establish the American Republic.

Sheeple don't even know who's really fighting for them.

FSP-Rebel
10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
It always stands out when they go full ostrich about the current spending and debt.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Just secede already: The obstructionists aren’t going anywhere. Maybe we should

We don't want to live in Ted Cruz's America. He doesn't like ours. Maybe a split really is inevitable — and right

Lord, hear my prayer...

That's the best part...you progs don't have to go anywhere.

Stay right where you are, Kalifornia, Ill-Annoy and the Eastern Seaboard from Boston to Richmond, including the District of Calamity.

We'll be happy to leave, and settle in states you guys hate anyway.

Keep your cops and military murder machine away from us and we'll go, TOADY.

moostraks
10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Making a plea here to salvage Ohio for the south this time. There is a good bit of farmland here and Amish who want to be left alone as well. Dear Lord PLEASE! Let us secede. Let us be non-citizens and ya'll keep all the perks and pain. We will take our chances thank you very much!

tod evans
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Lord, hear my prayer...

Stay right where you are, Kalifornia, Ill-Annoy and the Eastern Seaboard from Boston to Richmond, including the District of Calamity.

I'll help pack up the cities full of tax-ticks and even pay the gas to deliver loads of 'em to either coast.. GTFO!

RM918
10-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Whenever these guys bring up secession, it's just a circle jerk of them fantasizing how much the other side will regret leaving them. It's pathetic.

Czolgosz
10-21-2013, 11:23 AM
"Let."

TonySutton
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Making a plea here to salvage Ohio for the south this time. There is a good bit of farmland here and Amish who want to be left alone as well. Dear Lord PLEASE! Let us secede. Let us be non-citizens and ya'll keep all the perks and pain. We will take our chances thank you very much!

I could see the southern halves of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois disconnecting from their northern halves.

fr33
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM
There would be caravans of refugees leaving the big cities of Texas.

tommyrp12
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I wish my state would grow a pair already, I'm in MA, the belly of the statist beast so I think ill be waiting a while, but I can dream.

juleswin
10-21-2013, 11:54 AM
The debt alone is enough to for the statist to make sure no tax farm leaves the union. The author better check with TPTB before saying things like that.

mczerone
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
No one is going to be happy with a state level split. Let's just allow each individual the right to secede, and choose their own governing agency.

libertygold
10-21-2013, 12:05 PM
"Let them secede". I love their generosity. lol.

green73
10-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Anybody else notice this gem below the article?

http://i.imgur.com/cjTljBf.png

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/conspiracy_theories_explain_the_right/

libertygold
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Anybody else notice this gem below the article?

http://i.imgur.com/cjTljBf.png

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/20/conspiracy_theories_explain_the_right/

The way Alex Jones is used to discredit the liberty movement combined with something I posted somewhere else just now makes me really wonder if Alex Jones is an agent provocateur. Seems weird for him to disrupt a protest of liberty activists in favor of the 2nd Amendment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGRVqIz9ko

jllundqu
10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
The author actually argues for the end of the Dollar as the world reserve currency. lol

roho76
10-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Who's gonna pay for all their free shit?

I'm sorry. That was in appropriate. It's not free shit. It's their "Rights."

Feeding the Abscess
10-21-2013, 12:36 PM

Lord, hear my prayer...

Middle America loves cops and the military, though. You might not like living under the rule of middle America any more than you like America as is.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Middle America loves cops and the military, though. You might not like living under the rule of middle America any more than you like America as is.

Yeah, I know, thus is human nature.

Exercising petty power.

10-21-2013, 12:54 PM

Nobody hates like a liberal hates.

Lord, hear my prayer...

The new England republic? ME, NH and VT? Maybe NS and NB if they want in?

I wish my state would grow a pair already, I'm in MA, the belly of the statist beast so I think ill be waiting a while, but I can dream.

It's only a few hours drive north and you can be done with all that.

The way Alex Jones is used to discredit the liberty movement combined with something I posted somewhere else just now makes me really wonder if Alex Jones is an agent provocateur. Seems weird for him to disrupt a protest of liberty activists in favor of the 2nd Amendment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGRVqIz9ko

It's possible, but I doubt it. Sometimes AJ is right and sometimes he is way out there crazy.

XNavyNuke
10-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Only it's not N vs S. Its urban vs rural and Chuck knows it. http://grist.org/article/the-urban-archipelago/

It's yeoman vs elites. The citizens of Boston had no problems with Gen Gage. He protected the interests of the wealthy and those with royal commissions. After Gen Howe scared the Continental Congress out of Philadelphia, the residents didn't flee. They spent the winter partying with the Gen's officer corps (aristocrats). That's the way it's always been. Those with money and power love the status quo no matter how tyrannical.

XNN

jllundqu
10-21-2013, 01:02 PM
The US will break up like to USSR. No amount of Lincoln-esque superglue can hold these states together anymore. When economy tanks, the states will cry foul and secure new safeguards for their future security. The only question is what will it look like when the smoke settles, and where/which region will you be? I will either be in Arizona (which I hope joins with Texas and a few other states in the SW) or I will be in Washington State far outside any major city on my dream homestead...

I did a poll a while back here about how many RPF members actually believe the economy will eventually collapse leading to major societal change... I was surprised to see how many people here don't think it will ever happen. Many here think it will be within 5 years, others think it will be much later like 10-20 years, but it was a mathematical and economic certainty.

I fall into the "not sure" camp. I am convinced the petrodollar is collapsing and losing world reserve status, our debt is crushing with no end in sight, and the whole world is a powder keg the likes of which we havent seen since the 60s cold war. I'm betting on major economic and societal changes (GLOBAL) and possible a world war within my lifetime... that's all I know.

AuH20
10-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Only it's not N vs S. Its urban vs rural and Chuck knows it. http://grist.org/article/the-urban-archipelago/

It's yeoman vs elites. The citizens of Boston had no problems with Gen Gage. He protected the interests of the wealthy and those with royal commissions. After Gen Howe scared the Continental Congress out of Philadelphia, the residents didn't flee. They spent the winter partying with the Gen's officer corps (aristocrats). That's the way it's always been. Those with money and power love the status quo no matter how tyrannical.

XNN

The same phenomenon occurred in every communist state as well. The party loyalists live comfortably in the cities at the expense of the rural people who toil for them. The name of the game is to live at another's expense and kill if necessary to ensure this lifestyle of privilege.

tod evans
10-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Wall 'em off!

Every damn one.

heavenlyboy34
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
The US will break up like to USSR. No amount of Lincoln-esque superglue can hold these states together anymore. When economy tanks, the states will cry foul and secure new safeguards for their future security. The only question is what will it look like when the smoke settles, and where/which region will you be? I will either be in Arizona (which I hope joins with Texas and a few other states in the SW) or I will be in Washington State far outside any major city on my dream homestead...

I did a poll a while back here about how many RPF members actually believe the economy will eventually collapse leading to major societal change... I was surprised to see how many people here don't think it will ever happen. Many here think it will be within 5 years, others think it will be much later like 10-20 years, but it was a mathematical and economic certainty.

I fall into the "not sure" camp. I am convinced the petrodollar is collapsing and losing world reserve status, our debt is crushing with no end in sight, and the whole world is a powder keg the likes of which we havent seen since the 60s cold war. I'm betting on major economic and societal changes (GLOBAL) and possible a world war within my lifetime... that's all I know.
Having lived my entire life in AZ, I don't think enough residents here would be willing to secede-unless maybe the whole Sun Belt (I count CA as part of the Sun Belt) secedes.

mczerone
10-21-2013, 01:30 PM

IMO, what follows the US crackup is a global "bailout" - a "new alliance for stability" that usurps the existing structure of the US Navy, Marines, etc. and puts Russia, China, the EU, and the US under a single "representative" system that allows for some local autonomy (i.e. the US laws will still be valid in the US, as is, at least initially).

That system grows, becomes more tyrannical, and it's own debt problems create a NWO-crackup around 2110.

mad cow
10-21-2013, 01:31 PM
"Den Brer Rabbit talk mighty 'umble,

"I don't keer w'at you do wid me, Brer Fox, so you don't fling me in dat brier-patch. Roas' me, Brer Fox, 'but don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

"Drown me des ez deep es you please, Brer Fox, but do don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

"Skin me, Brer Fox, 'snatch out my eyeballs, t'ar out my yeras by de roots, en cut off my legs, but do please, Brer Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

heavenlyboy34
10-21-2013, 01:39 PM
IMO, what follows the US crackup is a global "bailout" - a "new alliance for stability" that usurps the existing structure of the US Navy, Marines, etc. and puts Russia, China, the EU, and the US under a single "representative" system that allows for some local autonomy (i.e. the US laws will still be valid in the US, as is, at least initially).

That system grows, becomes more tyrannical, and it's own debt problems create a NWO-crackup around 2110.
What's that ya say, son? Ya gotta speak up cuz I can't hear you over all this fucking freedom.

FloralScent
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM

What will we do with all the scumbag Yankees?

tod evans
10-21-2013, 03:01 PM
What will we do with all the scumbag Yankees?

I've known some damn good folks that've been yankee farmers.

FloralScent
10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I've known some damn good folks that've been yankee farmers.

Yankee's a state of mind. Ohio's full of 'em.

tod evans
10-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Yankee's a state of mind. Ohio's full of 'em.

The Mason-Dixon line is very real to folks in the Ozarks...

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 04:42 PM
The new England republic? ME, NH and VT? Maybe NS and NB if they want in?

I pray for the day.

New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine aligned with Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Labrador and Newfoundland in the "Atlantic Alliance" or some such.

The secession of Quebec would form a political and natural barrier between the Canadian Maritime provinces and Ottawa.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 04:44 PM
"Den Brer Rabbit talk mighty 'umble,

"I don't keer w'at you do wid me, Brer Fox, so you don't fling me in dat brier-patch. Roas' me, Brer Fox, 'but don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

"Drown me des ez deep es you please, Brer Fox, but do don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

"Skin me, Brer Fox, 'snatch out my eyeballs, t'ar out my yeras by de roots, en cut off my legs, but do please, Brer Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch...."

B'rer Rabbit, he laffin and laffin.

jllundqu
10-21-2013, 04:44 PM
I pray for the day.

New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine aligned with Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Labrador and Newfoundland in the "Atlantic Alliance" or some such.

The secession of Quebec would form a political and natural barrier between the Canadian Maritime provinces and Ottawa.

Not that you've given it any thought, though. lol

Anti Federalist
10-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Not that you've given it any thought, though. lol

Am I reported?

;)

economics102
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
If they would just give us one non-landlocked state and let us have our small government/libertarian society, I think that be sufficient. Call it an American Hong Kong. Hell, it doesn't even need to be a whole state. Just give us enough space to build a metropolis.

Then when liberals say "if you don't like it here, leave!" there will actually be someplace for us to go :)

Of course, the ultimate reason this will never happen is when the other 49 states see the burgeoning prosperity we have, every state will abandon Big Government.

ghengis86
10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Am I reported?

;)

No need to report AF. He's already getting the full-time surveillance package from the NSA.

enter`name`here
10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
I pray for the day.

While I too sometimes have such fanciful notions of an Atlantic federation, I don't see it as likely. The average Nova Scotian has a poor impression of America in my opinion. The stereo type is an uneducated religious nut who who doesn't understand science and who cares only about money. Nova Scotia was invited to the original revolution, we declined then and I don't see much chance of the answer being different anytime soon.

The sad fact of the matter is that we are economically stagnant and dependent on the federal government, something like 10% or more of the provincial governments income comes from "equalization payments" which is a direct transfer of money from the richer provinces in Canada to the poorer ones. The people here seem completely enamored with big brother and his free goodies. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the day, and Nova Scotians sure do like to bitch about the federal government, but if push came to shove I don't think the people around here would be willing to bite the hand that feeds them.

The only way out that I can see is if a full blown crises forces the feds to drastically reduce or cut off equalization and economic reality hits us square in the face. If America were to break up there is no telling what the effect would be on the borders here in Canada, I have a feeling our country is not as strongly tied together as we would like to portray, ask any Quebecer. Perhaps if we were left to our own devices out here in the east and forced to face our true situation we would realize how unsustainable our economic system is and change it. More likely however is a decent into chaos as the plebs rally behind whatever charismatic leader promises them everything will be OK.

I hope I am wrong.

Keith and stuff
10-21-2013, 06:28 PM
How many times are you guys gonna link to that horrible article here. I'd think 1 is enough. We don't need to be the biggest promoters of the article on the interwebs.