PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP THIS GO VIRAL!! CNN WHISTLEBLOWER EXPOSES LIES!

libertygrl
10-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Taken from the DP:

This information is damning, what we all knew was going on, but yah they are exposed and this information needs to be used in advance of 2016 election cycle to discredit this non credible news source.

Spread it around. Put it on Facebook etc. This needs to go viral. People need to realize they are being lead down the wrong path and they need to start thinking for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDVzJNMKs8

--------------------------------------------

Back in March 2011, CNN sent a four person team to Bahrain to cover the Arab Spring. Once there, the crew was the subject of extreme intimidation amongst other things, but they were able to record some fantastic footage. As Glenn Greenwald of the UK's Guardian writes in his blockbuster article from today:

"In the segment, Lyon interviewed activists as they explicitly described their torture at the hands of government forces, while family members recounted their relatives' abrupt disappearances. She spoke with government officials justifying the imprisonment of activists. And the segment featured harrowing video footage of regime forces shooting unarmed demonstrators, along with the mass arrests of peaceful protesters. In sum, the early 2011 CNN segment on Bahrain presented one of the starkest reports to date of the brutal repression embraced by the US-backed regime.

Despite these accolades, and despite the dangers their own journalists and their sources endured to produce it, CNN International (CNNi) never broadcast the documentary. Even in the face of numerous inquiries and complaints from their own employees inside CNN, it continued to refuse to broadcast the program or even provide any explanation for the decision. To date, this documentary has never aired on CNNi.

Having just returned from Bahrain, Lyon says she "saw first-hand that these regime claims were lies, and I couldn't believe CNN was making me put what I knew to be government lies into my reporting."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDVzJNMKs8

UPDATE: Reddit removes #1 headline, "CNN Exposed" from front page

Did anyone else catch this?

CNN Exposed – Emmy Winning Former CNN Journalist Blows The Whistle: CNN is paid by foreign and domestic Government agencies for specific content...

Amber Lyon is the referenced former CNN reporter, whom I'm sure many here know from her work with Ben Swann and his Truth In Media project.

I just found it interesting that this was briefly the number one headline before Reddit decided to kill it for whatever reason. It had well over five thousand up-votes and close to two thousand comments.

UPDATE:

I see Reddit mods have labeled this post Out of date. I personally find this to be a bullsh** excuse.

First, the subcategory /worldnews under which this was posted does not mention a timeline under their posting guidelines. How strictly has this unwritten rule been adhered to historically I wonder? And exactly how long before an article is considered "out of date"? In this case the referenced article was barely two months old, created on Aug 23, 2013.

Secondly, Reddit is a community that prides itself on citizen journalism. As they describe it, "redditors vote on which stories and discussions are important. the hottest stories rise to the top, while cooler stories sink."

Well, apparently there's more to it than they claim and I find that shameful.

http://www.dailypaul.com/302828/reddit-removes-1-headline-cnn-exposed-from-front-page

tod evans
10-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Even if ya' don't like AJ this is worth watching....

Cap
10-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Bump for a good watch.

fr33
10-20-2013, 10:42 AM
This is old. A bit late to make it go viral.