PDA

View Full Version : Rand takes second in NH Young Republicans Straw Poll

muzzled dogg
10-19-2013, 04:28 PM
The official results of today's straw poll at our annual lobster bake:

President 2016: Ben Carson 43%, Rand Paul 15%, Ted Cruz 8%, Jeb Bush 8%, Chris Christie 6%, Donald Trump 5%, Kelly Ayotte 4%, Rick Perry 4%, Sarah Palin 3%, Scott Walker 1%, Paul Ryan 1%, Marco Rubio 1%, John Huntsman 1%, John Thune 1%

NH Governor: George Lambert 43%, Ted Gatsas 25%, Chuck Rolecek 21%, Brad Cook 4%, Bill Binnie 3% (Write-in), Chris Sununu 2% (Write-in), Andy Sanborn 1% (Write-in)

US Senator: Scott Brown 28%, Laurie Sanborn 25%, Charlie Bass 19%, Jim Rubens 16%, Karen Testerman 12%

Congressional District 1: Dan Innis 40%, Jeff Chidester 25%, Frank Guinta 21%, Rick Parent 6%

Congressional District 2: Andrew Hemingway 74%, Gary Lambert 25%, Marilinda Garcia 1% (Write-in)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewHampshireYoungRepublicans/permalink/10151666497335846/

Keith and stuff
10-19-2013, 04:32 PM
The official results of today's straw poll at our annual lobster bake:

President 2016: Ben Carson 43%, Rand Paul 15% [pro-liberty?], Ted Cruz 8% [pro-liberty?], Jeb Bush 8%, Chris Christie 6%, Donald Trump 5%, Kelly Ayotte 4%, Rick Perry 4%, Sarah Palin 3%, Scott Walker 1%, Paul Ryan 1%, Marco Rubio 1%, John Huntsman 1%, John Thune 1%

NH Governor: George Lambert 43% [pro-liberty?], Ted Gatsas 25%, Chuck Rolecek 21% [pro-liberty?], Brad Cook 4%, Bill Binnie 3% (Write-in), Chris Sununu 2% (Write-in), Andy Sanborn 1% (Write-in) [pro-liberty?]

US Senator: Scott Brown 28%, Laurie Sanborn 25% [pro-liberty?] , Charlie Bass 19%, Jim Rubens 16%, Karen Testerman 12%

Congressional District 1: Dan Innis 40% [pro-liberty?] , Jeff Chidester 25% [pro-liberty]? , Frank Guinta 21%, Rick Parent 6% [pro-liberty?]

Congressional District 2: Andrew Hemingway 74% [pro-liberty?], Gary Lambert 25%, Marilinda Garcia 1% (Write-in)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewHampshireYoungRepublicans/permalink/10151666497335846/

VoluntaryAmerican
10-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow Ben Carson again, there will be one hell of a scramble to get his support.

AlexAmore
10-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Do people not realize Ben Carson is anti-2nd amendment? I know many Tea Partiers in NH and the 2nd amendment is their biggest issue and some at least speak out about it more than anything else.

I can understand 2nd amendment-hating Christie's popularity, he TRIES to woo moderates and Dems. I think this is just another example of these polls measuring recent news stories more than anything else.

If Ben Carson doesn't run, he won't be vetted and his endorsement will be huge. He does seem to be very big on energy independence, saying our current situation funds terrorists. I wonder if Rand Paul's foreign aid position sits well enough with Ben for an endorsement. Also, they're both doctors.

TaftFan
10-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Do people not realize Ben Carson is anti-2nd amendment? I know many Tea Partiers in NH and the 2nd amendment is their biggest issue and some at least speak out about it more than anything else.

I can understand 2nd amendment-hating Christie's popularity, he TRIES to woo moderates and Dems. I think this is just another example of these polls measuring recent news stories more than anything else.

If Ben Carson doesn't run, he won't be vetted and his endorsement will be huge. He does seem to be very big on energy independence, saying our current situation funds terrorists. I wonder if Rand Paul's foreign aid position sits well enough with Ben for an endorsement. Also, they're both doctors.

I would be willing to bet Ben doesn't understand the 2nd amendment as opposed to being against it, but we will find out. Either way, we need him on team Rand.

ObiRandKenobi
10-19-2013, 05:49 PM
ben carson would make a great brain surgeon.

eduardo89
10-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Did Ben Carson speak there?

whoisjohngalt
10-19-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtlyZ1giIQ

Done and done.

fr33
10-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Ben Carson seems like a guy who has no intention to run for president.

Keith and stuff
10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Did Ben Carson speak there?
The Presidential candidates didn't speak there.

Anti Federalist
10-19-2013, 10:00 PM
WTF is Ben Carson?

Oh, a black guy.

Gotcha.

speciallyblend
10-19-2013, 11:53 PM
fossil fuel reserve inwaiting is what the gop is,

jjdoyle
10-20-2013, 01:21 AM
WTF is Ben Carson?

Oh, a black guy.

Gotcha.

If you have Netflix, you can watch a movie documentary about his "life story". It's called "Gifted Hands" I think. If you don't know, I believe he thought of and pioneered the method of separating conjoined twins at the head.

libertygold
10-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't think Carson is going to get into politics. I think he is going to put out books and make media appearances to make money. It is a nice gig if you can get it. If he does get into politics I don't think he is going to rush right into the presidency.

torchbearer
10-20-2013, 11:25 AM
If you have Netflix, you can watch a movie documentary about his "life story". It's called "Gifted Hands" I think. If you don't know, I believe he thought of and pioneered the method of separating conjoined twins at the head.

impressive resume.
how is he on foreign policy?

MichaelDavis
10-20-2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtlyZ1giIQ

Done and done.

Hannity: Ted Cruz?
Carson: Uh... No.

Haha.

Brian4Liberty
10-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, the left media hates Ben Carson. He must be good! ;)

FriedChicken
10-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Surprises me that Carson won the poll. Curious as to why he was on the ballot? He has said more than once that he has no intention of running for any office, much less the presidency.

I didn't know he had an anti-gun stance before this thread. I've always thought of him to be representative of conservative positions and general common sense - hopefully that view of him is why he won the poll.
Rand being 7% ahead of 3rd place (Cruz) is a good thing, as is Cruz coming in third ahead of the establishment types of Bush and Christie.

I'll admit to not being the best informed on this but isn't Christie the only threat to Paul in NH if the primary were held today and likely to be same thing in 2016? If so this poll is very good news.

Brian4Liberty
10-20-2013, 02:21 PM
impressive resume.
how is he on foreign policy?

A quick search showed some posters on DP concerned about it, maybe due to his religious beliefs? Not sure. More research is needed.

sl7yz0r
10-20-2013, 03:16 PM
A Ben Carson 2016 group was the top sponsor for the event.
Therefore, everyone votes for Carson.

muzzled dogg
10-20-2013, 03:59 PM
A Ben Carson 2016 group was the top sponsor for the event.
Therefore, everyone votes for Carson.

Which?

Anti Federalist
10-20-2013, 05:07 PM

Well, makes my flip remark look like shit, huh?

LOL

I was just pointing out the "me too" tendency in politics.

He does sound like he has an impressive background.

JJ2
10-20-2013, 06:48 PM
A quick search showed some posters on DP concerned about it, maybe due to his religious beliefs? Not sure. More research is needed.

He is a Seventh-day Adventist, and they are generally anti-war. However, they are also anti-violence (sometimes even in cases of self-defense) in general, including anti-gun usually. Most of them are vegetarian and do not even believe in hunting.

Bastiat's The Law
10-20-2013, 07:20 PM

But could we educate him? I think so.

Bastiat's The Law
10-20-2013, 07:26 PM
The anti-gun thing comes from this video where Glenn Beck comments on interviewing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_FK_2p2EsM