PDA

View Full Version : Cops Beat Wives And Girlfriends At Nearly Double The Average

green73
10-19-2013, 09:47 AM
This article is old but I couldn't find it in the search.

Law enforcement officers beat their wives or girlfriends at nearly double the rate of the rest of the population, and trying to control that is not only difficult for the victims but potentially deadly, experts say.

The trouble lies in the very nature of police work.

One of the hallmarks of a good cop is to radiate authority and control, and in the wrong hands, those characteristics can be misused, domestic violence counselors say.

When that misuse happens, it's hard to report it because the victim has to go up against a man - and it is almost always a man - and his agency, both seen by society as paragons of protection.

cont.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Police-domestic-violence-nearly-twice-average-rate-2536928.php

via
http://libertycrier.com/police-beat-wives-girlfriends-nearly-double-average/

Cleaner44
10-19-2013, 10:05 AM
One of the hallmarks of a good cop is to radiate authority and control

I don't know that I would use the word good to describe this type of cop. Maybe effective. I think a good cop could be professional and respectful without the demands that everyone respect his authority or else he will control you possibly to the point of death.

Occam's Banana
10-19-2013, 10:18 AM
One of the hallmarks of a good cop is to radiate authority and control, and in the wrong hands, those characteristics can be misused, domestic violence counselors say.

There's just one problem with this tidy little apologetic - one of the "hallmarks" of a bad cop is to "radiate authority and control," too.

The trouble lies in the very nature of police work.

No, the trouble lies in the "very nature" of a kind of thuggish brute who is attracted to "police work" precisely because he seeks opportunities to "radiate authority and control" ...

jkr
10-19-2013, 10:28 AM
as long as they make it home safe to their...fuck

aGameOfThrones
10-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Do you think it's easy to kill an unarmed, non threatening citizen? Do you know how stressful that is? That they beat their wives every once in awhile is totally acceptable so that they can come home safe.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-19-2013, 11:13 AM
From the article: "There are a lot of good cops who go into the work for the right reasons, to help people," Wetendorf said.

"I'm here to help you," says the pig to the sucker citizen. That's right before he tricks them, and then busts them for smoking weed.

Root
10-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm totally not surprised. Before I woke up, I used to hang around some cop circles. Some of it is because of the 'roids.

puppetmaster
10-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Could be worse....they could treat 'em like dogs......

Origanalist
10-19-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm sure they all deserved it. How can one expect unconditional compliance on the street if you don't get it at home?

ObiRandKenobi
10-19-2013, 12:42 PM
most cops i met were dicks.

heavenlyboy34
10-19-2013, 01:15 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4633231538523391&pid=1.7

Anti Federalist
10-19-2013, 01:20 PM
You are ten times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

heavenlyboy34
10-19-2013, 01:22 PM
You ought to put that in your sig again, bro. :cool:

mrsat_98
10-19-2013, 01:26 PM

Scary considering who the main terrorists are here in 'merica.

Acala
10-19-2013, 01:27 PM
They knew he was a cop when they married him.

Anti Federalist
10-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Law enforcement officers beat their wives or girlfriends at nearly double the rate of the rest of the population, and trying to control that is not only difficult for the victims but potentially deadly, experts say.

And that's just what managed to get reported, and not covered up by their asshole buddies on the force.

I would suspect the actual rate would be double that, FOUR times more likely.

And of course it's deadly.

Failure to comply is a summary, street side, death sentence in AmeriKa these days.

Freedom.

pcosmar
10-19-2013, 01:33 PM

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!"

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/81/1203271076_2.jpg

FloralScent
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM
So, beating his wife, not okay...beating someone else's....

Red Green
10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Just imagine what happens to the pig's dogs.... lets get some statistics on THAT!

Mani
10-21-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't see the how you can link Police Beating their wives or GF's to the rest of the population.

The Officers may have simply felt threatened, or feared for their safety. They were just doing what they normally do on the job. They feared for their safety so they had no choice but to beat the shit out of their women. NOthing to see here. Just following orders...

KingRobbStark
10-21-2013, 12:18 AM
The psychological damage of killing all those dogs is spilling over to their personal lives. Either that or people with shit characters are drawn to shit carriers.

Cissy
10-21-2013, 06:15 AM

However, only a minority of those women are aware of the correlation between police and domestic violence. Blaming the victims will not change the situation. Educating the victims and getting the word out will result in fewer women being willing to date and marry police officers, which will mean fewer victims.

tod evans
10-21-2013, 06:22 AM
However, only a minority of those women are aware of the correlation between police and domestic violence. Blaming the victims will not change the situation. Educating the victims and getting the word out will result in fewer women being willing to date and marry police officers, which will mean fewer victims.

The idolization of cops in todays society is pervasive, speaking against societies idols is verboten.

Even using the term "victim" portrays one as helpless instead of naive.

These women who live with cops have access to guns/ballbats/hammers etc. if they put up with physical abuse they're idiots not victims.