PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Let's start a wave of outrage ahead of FED charter renewal

Suzu
10-18-2013, 05:17 PM
I'd like to ask all of you here on the forum who understand the root of all the problems to join me in urging our congress critters to look at actually ending the FED.

Social media is powerful, so let's USE it to its fullest potential. My proposal is for everyone to do the following:

Compose an original letter to your representative in congress, using notepad or some other text editor, and Save it on your computer.
Send the letter to your representative - see sample below - via their house.gov contact page, where you will copy and paste from your saved text file.
Post the same letter on the representative's Facebook page.
Send a link to your FB page post out to everyone you know via email, twitter, etc. asking them to chime in with comments as well as Share the post on their own page.
Ask everyone you know to follow these steps.
Post in this thread, when you have completed the above steps, a link to your post on Facebook, so other participants can add comments on the FB post and Share with others.

I'll start the ball rolling here with a link to my letter on my congressman's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/repjasonsmith/posts/10151661189486615

For folks who still avoid Facebook, you can participate in some of the steps. At least write a letter and post it here. If/when you get a reply, come back to your original post here and edit it to include the reply.

Here's what I sent Jason Smith:

Dear Mr. Smith,

Last night I was on your tele-townhall conference and didn't get to ask my question so I'm asking it here. And I get to elaborate a bit more than I would have on the phone

I heard you say last night that the federal government hasn't lived within its means since 2009. I'd have to disagree with that and say it hasn't done so since perhaps sometime in the late 19th century.

One hundred years ago this December, the third central bank of the United States, known as the Federal Reserve (Fed), was chartered by an act of Congress. The Fed is a privately owned system of banks that create and issue the country's currency, and it was set up under rather shady circumstances. Please see "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin, and/or the short animated film "American Dream" and/or Bill Still's "Secret of Oz" for more background on the creation of the Fed. (links at end of this letter)

What none of these sources mention, however, is the fact that, at the time of the Fed's inauguration, under the gold standard, the country was unable to pay the interest on its debt, and the bankers who ultimately became the first members of the Federal Reserve Board had agreed to a 20-year moratorium on the payment of interest on the national debt in return for the favor of having Congress vote in the new central bank charter.

In 1933 the note came due and the country was even deeper in debt and unable to pay the interest. In return for rolling it over again, FDR signed the Social Security program into law, making every American chattel property of the banks as a guarantee on the debt. Social Security was sold as a guaranteed retirement program but no one read the fine print before signing up for their ID number. The bankers at that time also withdrew most of the US gold holdings to Europe.

Federal government spending really started to spiral out of control during the Vietnam war and this is basically why Nixon took us off the gold standard, which enabled the Fed to just create money out of nothing and charge interest on it. Where does the money come from to pay that interest? It doesn't exist, and must be borrowed into existence as a new loan, in a never-ending nose-dive toward insolvency - which is where we are today, with well over $100 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities aside from the $17-trillion of officially acknowledged debt.

What I'd like to know from you, Congressman Smith, is what YOU are doing to ensure that the Fed (a) is fully audited by an independent auditor; and (b) does not get its charter, which comes up for renewal this December, renewed, and the US starts issuing the national currency (as authorized by Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution) instead of borrowing it at interest from a private bank.

One final recommendation, for a simple-to-understand overview of the debt/money system, Watch "Money As Debt" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

I will be expecting your timely response that I can share with all my friends and contacts in the 8th CD. As I understand the situation, a sizable chunk of the national debt could easily be cancelled by simply cutting the Fed out of the picture. Aren't those "men behind the curtain" already rich enough, from financing both sides of every war since the Napoleon's reign?

Links:

American Dream (30 minutes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

Secret of Oz (1:58:25): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI

Jekyll Island (1:28:14): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04MPZgyhG5s

Suzu
10-19-2013, 10:04 AM
No replies after 62 topic views.... Are we going to let the Fed charter be renewed without shouting about it to Congress and their Facebook fans and Twitter followers? Is my idea really that dumb? There was a time when an idea like this posted at RPFs would have people jumping on the bandwagon and trying to outdo one another with their activism. What's going on here???

Bodhi
10-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm really sad to see no responses here :o

TaftFan
10-20-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm really sad to see no responses here :o

It's probably because the Fed's charter isn't up for renewal, so sending these messages would be pointless.

Suzu
10-20-2013, 08:55 PM
It's probably because the Fed's charter isn't up for renewal, so sending these messages would be pointless.Oh? I wonder why Ron Paul said it expires in December of this year then. What did I miss?

TaftFan
10-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh? I wonder why Ron Paul said it expires in December of this year then. What did I miss?

I never heard him say that. In 1928, the 100 year charter was amended to allow the Federal Reserve to exist in perpetuity.

I guarantee if the charter was up for renewal it would be front page news. Markets would be going insane.

Suzu
10-20-2013, 11:23 PM
WTH sort of twilight zone have I been living in?

In any event, I think it's a good idea to do all we can to educate others about the monetary system and urge our representatives to audit and eventually end the Fed.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-24-2013, 07:16 AM
I never heard him say that. In 1928, the 100 year charter was amended to allow the Federal Reserve to exist in perpetuity.

I guarantee if the charter was up for renewal it would be front page news. Markets would be going insane.

If by insane, you mean getting realistic, then yeah.

Bern
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Most any politician - especially ones who are ignorant of economics - would view requests to end the fed charter as a drastic, dangerous idea. No one wants to be responsile for throwing the world's economy into a lurch (and that's how they would view it). A much better solution is to enact Rep. Broun's HR 77:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.77:

This bill would allow a gradual return to Constitutional money - allowing the market to develop payment systems in parallel with existing ones and enforce a free market constraint on the Fed. BTW, HR 77 is a re-introduction of a bill that Ron Paul had been introducing for a few years at least.