PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran gets Tea Party challenger

VoluntaryAmerican
10-18-2013, 09:57 AM
It's official: Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran is the latest GOP incumbent to get a primary challenge from the right.

State Sen. Chris McDaniel announced Thursday he'll try to unseat the six-term veteran in 2014, the day after Cochran voted for the compromise to end the government shutdown and avert a debt default.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/10/18/236932948/sen-thad-cochran-gets-a-tea-party-challenge?ft=1&f=1014&utm_campaign=nprpolitics&utm_source=politics&utm_medium=twitter

Uriah
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
On Chris McDaniel,

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2011/08/he-may-have-hottest-wife-of-any-state.html

His philosophy:

The federal government is not our ultimate protector and cannot be all things to all people; liberty is the result of individuals learning to rule themselves. Since the powers of taxing and spending are the means by which the government expands, the debate over fiscal restraint is not simply one of dollars and cents; it is a debate over the role of government in our lives. Central to the debate is the question of whether we have become so obsessed with immediate gratification, comfort and ease that we would trade our hard-earned liberty for dependence on the federal nanny state. The answer to that question will control our nation’s destiny and financial security for generations

HOLLYWOOD
10-18-2013, 11:45 AM
ABOUT TIME...

Mississippi Senator Thad Cochran has to be one of the worse 'silent' Fascists on Capital Hill. He(and his lobbying groups) personally destroyed the Free Markets in Pharmaceuticals / cheap drug imports back in 2007. Cochran is a clever bastard in drafting poison pill bills, bribery schemes to government agencies, and has remained under the radar for far too long.

This guy should be revealed for whom he really works for... lobbying firms and corporatist monopolizers.

It will be difficult challenging these establishment snakes, considering Karl Rove's laundered $200 Million in PAC money from the elites and inner circle cabals, which bankroll politicians like Thad Cochran to the tune of millions of dollars every election and pay for statist media reporting on the unsuspecting proletariat.

This one guy I would love to see go... he's a NEO-Fascist.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-18-2013, 12:50 PM
ABOUT TIME...

Mississippi Senator Thad Cochran has to be one of the worse 'silent' Fascists on Capital Hill. He(and his lobbying groups) personally destroyed the Free Markets in Pharmaceuticals / cheap drug imports back in 2007. Cochran is a clever bastard in drafting poison pill bills, bribery schemes to government agencies, and has remained under the radar for far too long.

This guy should be revealed for whom he really works for... lobbying firms and corporatist monopolizers.

It will be difficult challenging these establishment snakes, considering Karl Rove's laundered $200 Million in PAC money from the elites and inner circle cabals, which bankroll politicians like Thad Cochran to the tune of millions of dollars every election and pay for statist media reporting on the unsuspecting proletariat.

This one guy I would love to see go... he's a NEO-Fascist.

Good to hear. I didn't know much about this guy, just thought it was good to see another primary challenge, but this is indeed great news then.

eduardo89
10-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Cochran will be 76 in December, I have a feeling he'll retire instead of running in the primary if this guy's campaign does take off.

Legend1104
10-18-2013, 08:08 PM
I would love to finally have a senator I could respect. I can not stand either of my senators Thad or Wicker. There were a few rumors that Thad was going to retire last time, so maybe that could mean something.

Legend1104
10-18-2013, 08:21 PM
On another note, the comments on that article are mind numbing. It hurt to read so of the idiotic dribble spouted by liberals on that page. I love how so many liberals speak with such emotion, yet with so few facts. As a Mississippian, I would be insulted by some of those comments if I didn't pity their childlike ignorance.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
12-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Thad has officially announced for reelectin.

McDaniels is anti-NDAA http://marshallmsrepublican.org/2012/08/27/state-senator-chris-mcdaniel-resolution-644-opposition-to-ndaa/

HOLLYWOOD
12-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Thad has officially announced for reelectin.

McDaniels is anti-NDAA http://marshallmsrepublican.org/2012/08/27/state-senator-chris-mcdaniel-resolution-644-opposition-to-ndaa/

Wow, below tells you what's going on in this country... the bank rollers and party financiers are dictating policy and ensuring it never comes to a vote. Thanks for posting that link, it shows you the establishment elitist party wants complete control. I'm sure all these Mississippi "Mint-Juliops" Republicans have no problems selling out to those millions and millions coming into campaign for the ringers... and that goes for the complicid media that also pumps the establishment and they blackout/attack the honest challengers. Establishment Politics are well financed organized crime families today.

Update: MS Senator Chris McDaniel introduced legislation (http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2013/html/SB/2200-2299/SB2234IN.htm) that would have prevented future implementation (which gives the current or future President the power to order the indefinite detention of persons arrested in the United States without charge or trial) of the “indefinite detention” portion of the US House and US Senate bill in the state of Mississippi by any State personnel. The judiciary committee refused to release the bill to the floor for a vote and let the bill die in committee for this legislative session.

mosquitobite
12-08-2013, 05:52 PM
These are the same state legislatures that will be choosing delegates for a Con CON!

Yes it is a CON!