PDA

View Full Version : NSA admits they Lied about the Number of Terrorist Plots they Prevented.

Mani
10-18-2013, 01:45 AM
UNBELIEVABLE. And why is this only on www.salon.com and not everywhere all over the MSM for days and days and days.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/02/nsa_director_admits_to_misleading_public_on_terror _plots/

In so many words, NSA director Keith Alexander admitted Wednesday that the Obama administration had issued misleading information about terror plots and their foiling to bolster support for the government’s vast surveillance apparatus.

During Wednesday’s hearing, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy pushed Alexander to admit that plot numbers had been fudged in a revealing interchange:

“There is no evidence that [bulk] phone records collection helped to thwart dozens or even several terrorist plots,” said Leahy. The Vermont Democrat then asked the NSA chief to admit that only 13 out of a previously cited 54 cases of foiled plots were genuinely the fruits of the government’s vast dragnet surveillance systems:

“These weren’t all plots, and they weren’t all foiled,” Leahy said, asking Alexander, “Would you agree with that, yes or no?”

“Yes,” replied Alexander.

Proof positive of what many of us have long posited: that under the flimsy guise of a targeted War on Terror, the surveillance state has established itself with little regard for an honest relationship with the American public.

DamianTV
10-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Great. Now THEY know that YOU know that THEY know that THEY lied. I just hope that they dont know that I know that they know that I know they lied.

Mani
10-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Great. Now THEY know that YOU know that THEY know that THEY lied. I just hope that they dont know that I know that they know that I know they lied.

Thanks Damian Rumsfield. :rolleyes:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-18-2013, 02:29 AM
UNBELIEVABLE.

If you look at the simple mathematical concept of randomness, and also the random nature of their "surveillance," then it's really not that unbelievable. Randomness is not effective for anything in life. They have been wasting money on dumb luck for many decades.

It's a simple fundamental that plots, plans, and crimes are foiled because somebody opened his yap or somebody gave a tip. Randomness contributes nothing mathematically. The most familiar example is the Gestapo, an organization that relied on rats for 90% of its arrests. Our government is so inept, that our number is probably near 100% tips.

These "surveillance" programs are nothing but pathetic employment programs for a bunch of losers who wore their childhood decoder rings well into high school.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-18-2013, 02:32 AM
The Vermont Democrat then asked the NSA chief to admit that only 13 out of a previously cited 54 cases of foiled plots were genuinely the fruits of the government’s vast dragnet surveillance systems:

13. Not even close. Leahy should have pushed more.

BuddyRey
10-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Let's Drudge it!

AngryCanadian
10-18-2013, 02:41 AM
Well that figures. Some of the news stories of the supposed Prevented terrorist plots were just laughable. Even how they were caught. If they were real terrorists and bogymen they would attacked the military targets and civilian targets long before they were even apprehend. :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
10-18-2013, 03:38 AM

There is an old joke about two spies doing that sort of a back and forth and then one of them pauses, counts on his fingers and exclaims WHAT!!!???

-t

Mani
10-18-2013, 03:50 AM
If you look at the simple mathematical concept of randomness, and also the random nature of their "surveillance," then it's really not that unbelievable. Randomness is not effective for anything in life. They have been wasting money on dumb luck for many decades.

It's a simple fundamental that plots, plans, and crimes are foiled because somebody opened his yap or somebody gave a tip. Randomness contributes nothing mathematically. The most familiar example is the Gestapo, an organization that relied on rats for 90% of its arrests. Our government is so inept, that our number is probably near 100% tips.

These "surveillance" programs are nothing but pathetic employment programs for a bunch of losers who wore their childhood decoder rings well into high school.

I was more thinking unbelievable along the lines of 54 terrorists attacks which I thought was a bogus number to begin with...And then to ADMIT later...uummm...yah..that was BS number...

Just this whole....LIE LIE LIE....Oh ya...um...We LIED...and then LIE LIE LIE.....oh ya...that was a lie too.

I can't believe how much this administration LIES to our face..later admits it's a lie...and then Lies some more..and gets busted again. And yet, it's NOT a big news story. This whole LYING through their teeth and getting busted is unbelievable. Again and again and again.

mrsat_98
10-18-2013, 04:54 AM

So what are you going to do go all Sargent Schultz on their azz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcxGFmYyPs

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-18-2013, 04:57 AM
I was more thinking unbelievable along the lines of 54 terrorists attacks which I thought was a bogus number to begin with...And then to ADMIT later...uummm...yah..that was BS number...

Just this whole....LIE LIE LIE....Oh ya...um...We LIED...and then LIE LIE LIE.....oh ya...that was a lie too.

I can't believe how much this administration LIES to our face..later admits it's a lie...and then Lies some more..and gets busted again. And yet, it's NOT a big news story. This whole LYING through their teeth and getting busted is unbelievable. Again and again and again.

It not a lie--if you believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMOdPNVcaEI

tod evans
10-18-2013, 04:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Yeah, Nixon. What a piece of work. I love how he doubts himself with the voice hesitation in that last sentence, even beyond his discomfort with the media.

I don't want to sound nostalgic, but it seems lying behavior is getting more pathological. I know people you can flat out bust lying and they look you in the eye as if to say, "So what?" Seems that's the legacy of Nixon.

enhanced_deficit
10-18-2013, 06:33 AM
“There is no evidence that phone records collection helped to thwart dozens or even several terrorist plots,” said Leahy. The Vermont Democrat then asked the NSA chief to admit that only 13 out of a previously cited 54 cases of foiled plots were genuinely the fruits of the government’s vast dragnet surveillance systems:
[B]
“These weren’t all plots, and they weren’t all foiled,” Leahy said, asking Alexander, “Would you agree with that, yes or no?”

“Yes,” replied Alexander.

Sloppy. SWC puppet is known by the company h keeps.

http://awkwardevil.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/30748.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=iuUXCAq_YTX3ZM&tbnid=AudHlWxLtvSezM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fawkwardevil.wordpress.com%2F2012% 2F08%2F13%2Fpost-racial-gay-obama-chicken-yall%2F&ei=8ClhUuGiC5PU9gT57YDwBw&bvm=bv.54176721,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNHJSp_x_vgSF4op0B5Teb-i8rNHmQ&ust=1382185834275346)

Ender
10-18-2013, 09:41 AM

:D Awesome!