PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin hints at GOP primary fights in 4 states

TaftFan
10-17-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013/10/17/sarah-palin-senate-tea-party-primary/3000509/

"Be energized," she said. "We're going to shake things up in 2014. Rest well tonight, for soon we must focus on important House and Senate races. Let's start with Kentucky — which happens to be awfully close to South Carolina, Tennessee and Mississippi — from sea to shining sea we will not give up. We've only just begun to fight."

Mr.NoSmile
10-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Palin, trying ever as always to remain relevant. Yes, she's got star power, but she's also got the power of just always popping up. I'd say someone ought to just give her a show, but we've seen how that works out already.

Cleaner44
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Let Palin unleash the power of an author and talking head to help send establishment fools like Lindsey Graham into retirement... or more likely the lobbyist industry. If she doesn't do something to help, then I hope she just shuts the fuck up.

TaftFan
10-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Let Palin unleash the power of an author and talking head to help send establishment fools like Lindsey Graham into retirement... or more likely the lobbyist industry. If she doesn't do something to help, then I hope she just shuts the fuck up.

She went to NJ to help Lonegan, granted that is NJ so it has limited effect. But imagine her going to campaign for Bevin and Bright.

Mr.NoSmile
10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
She went to NJ to help Lonegan, granted that is NJ so it has limited effect.

It had no effect, really. Whomever she stumps for and their chances depends more on the state, the candidate, position, rhetoric and possible challenges. Besides, how often do people here say that endorsements are pointless? A few more voters going for Lonegan because of Palin ultimately had no effect. She endorsed Cruz, lots of folks aren't feeling him right now. She endorsed Kelly Ayotte, who pops up almost anywhere McCain and Graham do. See where I'm going?

Keith and stuff
10-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Someone slip the word Georgia in front of her eyes.

GregSarnowski
10-17-2013, 08:56 PM
It had no effect, really. Whomever she stumps for and their chances depends more on the state, the candidate, position, rhetoric and possible challenges. Besides, how often do people here say that endorsements are pointless? A few more voters going for Lonegan because of Palin ultimately had no effect. She endorsed Cruz, lots of folks aren't feeling him right now. She endorsed Kelly Ayotte, who pops up almost anywhere McCain and Graham do. See where I'm going?

I pretty much agree. People give her credit for endorsing Rand but she only did after it was obvious he was going to win the primary -- two respected polls came out earlier that week showing him with a ~20 point lead.

I bet one thing she could do is raise a lot of money via social media and email lists if she wanted.

erowe1
10-17-2013, 09:58 PM
from sea to shining sea we will not give up. We've only just begun to fight

Interesting. Looks like she wrote that herself.

Bastiat's The Law
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
North Carolina, find it on a map princess.

mz10
10-17-2013, 10:07 PM

Her power is fundraising. Whoever she picks in the SC primary will get a huge boost towards keeping up with Lindsey's endless pocketbook.

fr33
10-17-2013, 10:20 PM
She's great when a democrat is in the white house. When a republican is, she calls for the execution of people like Julian Assange. If Romney had won she'd be saying the same about Snowden.

RonPaulMall
10-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Her power is fundraising. Whoever she picks in the SC primary will get a huge boost towards keeping up with Lindsey's endless pocketbook.

Also media attention. Remember, the Media's #1 strategy with Liberty Candidates is to ignore them, that is an absolutely devastating position for a campaign to be in. How do you raise money when nobody in the state knows who you are? How do you rise in the polls when the media doesn't even include you as an option and pretends the only candidates running are the incumbent and the establishment shills? Yeah, Palin is a buffoon, but the media attention she brings with her is invaluable for guys battling against media blackout.

Bastiat's The Law
10-18-2013, 06:09 AM

Yup, she's a cheerleader nothing more. As long as we put blinders on this horse and steer her in the right direction of our liberty candidates she could be a fund raising asset.

Bastiat's The Law
10-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Also media attention. Remember, the Media's #1 strategy with Liberty Candidates is to ignore them, that is an absolutely devastating position for a campaign to be in. How do you raise money when nobody in the state knows who you are? How do you rise in the polls when the media doesn't even include you as an option and pretends the only candidates running are the incumbent and the establishment shills? Yeah, Palin is a buffoon, but the media attention she brings with her is invaluable for guys battling against media blackout.

Great point! And so many of our candidates come from the private sector and having real jobs so most aren't really well known even in their own area. Media and money are Palin's strong suits, our guys could use both.