PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Would Arrest Cyberbully Suspect's Parents If He Could

aGameOfThrones
10-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Ima bully you cus I gots me a permit to bully.

Florida officials are still actively investigating the parents of a teenage girl accused of cyberbullying Rebecca Sedwick to suicide, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said.

"If I could, they would already be in jail," Judd told ABC News Wednesday. "But I can tell you this, that we're keeping our options open."

The charge would be "contributing to the delinquency of a minor," the sheriff said.

Sheriff: Suicide of Girl, 12, 'Broke My Heart'

Two girls, ages 12 and 14, were arrested earlier this week and charged with felony aggravated assault for leading the digital torment against the 12-year-old Rebecca, police said. She jumped from a concrete silo tower to her death Sept. 9.

Meanwhile, the parents of the two suspects and school officials bare the bulk of responsibility, Rebecca's mother said.

"I would rather see the parents and administrators behind bars, and see the kids get help they need," Tricia Norton of Lakeland, Fla., told ABC News Wednesday.

The parents of the older suspect monitored their daughter's Facebook activities nightly and saw no signs of bullying, leading them to believe someone hacked her account, they told ABC News Tuesday night.

Sheriff Judd doesn't buy their story and accused the older suspect of gloating on Facebook after the suicide about bullying Rebecca.

Parents of Alleged Cyberbully Blame Facebook Hack

"Yeah, that's baloney. Those parents haven't cared from the very beginning," Judd said. "After this initial event, after the initial interviews, why did they let her stay on Facebook any longer?"

Judd said he's only investigating the older suspect's parents, whom he described as being "in denial."

"When the parents don't take care of the children and it becomes criminal conduct, then it becomes my responsibility, and my deputies and I know how to take control," Judd said.

The younger suspect's parents "are remorseful, and they see the big picture. They recognize that was a major malfunction. They care," Judd said.

http://gma.yahoo.com/sheriff-arrest-cyberbully-suspects-parents-could-114158118--abc-news-topstories.html

Brian4Liberty
10-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Guess what? He just put one of them in jail! Evidence courtesy of Facebook.

The stepmom who went on TV to proclaim innocence and purity of her household and stepdaughter-bully had some dirty laundry on Facebook...

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/STEPMOTHER-OF-ACCUSED-CYBER-BULLY-ARRESTED-ON-ABUSE-CHARGE-1512597

STEPMOTHER OF ACCUSED CYBER BULLY ARRESTED ON ABUSE CHARGE
October 19, 2013

(NATIONAL) -- The stepmother of a 14-year-old girl accused and arrested of cyber bullying and bullying at school a Florida girl who took her own life over the long term terrorism, as police phrased it, has been arrested for child abuse after a video was posted online.

Vivian Vosburg, 30, is allegedly seen in the video punching and hitting two boys on the video that was posted on Facebook in July.

Vosburg identified herself as the mother of the 14-year-old that was arrested when she appeared in interviews on both CNN and ABC to say her daughter did not bully Rebecca, the girl who committed suicide, and that she checked her stepdaughter's Facebook page every night.