PDA

View Full Version : Brit Hume: Tea Party Emerged Because GOP was an Utter Failure At Turning Back Gov

AuH20
10-17-2013, 08:36 AM
The GOP has never turned back government growth or spending, despite all the rhetoric that have hijacked from their most earnest members.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/16/Brit-Hume-Concedes-Tea-Party-Revolting-Because-GOP-Estab-Utterly-Failed-to-Restrain-Gov-t-Spending

On Monday's Special Report with Bret Baier on Fox News, Hume lamented that "veteran political observers on both the left and right are still trying to figure out what the House Tea Party caucus" and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) were thinking "when they insisted on using the threat of a government shutdown to defund ObamaCare."

Hume, along with those like Charles Krauthammer and George Will in the veteran punditocracy, has fiercely criticized Cruz during the fight to defund Obamacare. And he acknowledged that though "in conventional terms, it seems inexplicable," Cruz "and his adherents do not view things in conventional terms."

"They look back over the past half-century, including the supposedly golden era of Ronald Reagan, and see the uninterrupted forward march of the American left," Hume said, without acknowledging that Reagan fought the establishment from the time he endorsed Barry Goldwater's candidacy for president in 1964 and challenged the establishment in 1976 and 1980, ultimately triumphing.

That is the fight those like Cruz, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin are continuing today.

"Entitlement spending never stopped growing," Hume said. "The regulatory state continued to expand. The national debt grew and grew and finally in the Obama years, exploded. They see an American population becoming unrecognizable from the free and self-reliant people they thought they knew."

Hume then acknowledged that the "good guys" in Congress Palin said was already leading a third-party movement "see the Republican Party as having utterly failed to stop the drift toward an unfree nation supervised by an overweening and bloated bureaucracy."

"They are not interested in Republican policies that merely slow the growth of this leviathan," Hume said. "They want to stop it and reverse it. And they want to show their supporters they'll try anything to bring that about

JCDenton0451
10-17-2013, 08:47 AM
I call BS on this theory. The Tea Party is not here to stop the growth of entitlement spending. In fact every major poll shows they oppose major cuts to Social Security and Medicare by overwhelming margins.

They see an American population becoming unrecognizable from the free and self-reliant people they thought they knew

Uh-huh. Millions of old (and overwhelmingly white) people on Medicare and Social Security - arguably the biggest welfare constituency in the United States.:rolleyes:

Prog Snob
10-17-2013, 08:51 AM
I call BS on this theory. The Tea Party is not here to stop the growth of entitlement spending. In fact every major poll shows they oppose major cuts to Social Security and Medicare by overwhelming margins.

Uh-huh. Millions of old (and overwhelmingly white) people on Medicare and Social Security - arguably the biggest welfare constituency in the United States.:rolleyes:

The only difference is that these "old people" paid into Social Security, not that I fully agree with the whole Social Security to begin with. But the people that paid into it should get it.

JCDenton0451
10-17-2013, 09:02 AM
The only difference is that these "old people" paid into Social Security, not that I fully agree with the whole Social Security to begin with. But the people that paid into it should get it.

It's a welfare/redistributive program. It's supported by the taxes, paid by the "makers".

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2013, 09:05 AM
It's a welfare/redistributive program. It's supported by the taxes, paid by the "makers".

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.

Oh, I see...they are all racists and hate ******s.

Gotcha.

angelatc
10-17-2013, 09:19 AM
t? And black single mothers don't deserve it?...which gets us to the bottom of what Tea Party really is all about.

There he goes again - calling us all racists while mocking everything we believe and our philosophies in general. And our mods let him troll here because ....... ?

I rarely report people, but I am reporting him every time he does it. I hope you'll join me. This guy has made it clear that he isn't here to support anything we do politically.

georgiaboy
10-17-2013, 09:20 AM
"They are not interested in Republican policies that merely slow the growth of this leviathan," Hume said. "They want to stop it and reverse it. And they want to show their supporters they'll try anything to bring that about

Pretty easy to understand, really.

The tide is indeed turning, too. We never had a chance to stop TARP. This time around, there was a lot more horsepower on our side.

Next time, we'll be even stronger.

After 30+ years of only Ron Paul, now we see whole caucuses, even bills getting passed in the House to reduce gov't spending. We're on the right track, just gotta keep on keeping on.

At all levels of the GOP all over the country, honest to goodness small gov't types are filling the committees, being elected into local and state offices.

Even talk radio is moving in our direction.

The day will come. Soon.

ETA - and who has been leading GOP presidential polls?

I'm tellin' ya, there are holes in the dam everywhere, more being created each day.

angelatc
10-17-2013, 09:21 AM

Why should the old people get anything from the government? Because they feel they deserve it?

Maybe you missed the part about "they were forced to pay into it, and were promised that there would be a stipend forthcoming?"

georgiaboy
10-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Maybe you missed the part about "they were forced to pay into it, and were promised that there would be a stipend forthcoming?"

All the recipients I know would happily take a reduction in their stipend if they knew it was part of a plan to get the fiscal house in order to better their kids and grandkids.

Real people get it.

Prog Snob
10-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Show me the stats that blatantly point out that not one black single mother who paid into SS will get a check.

JCDenton0451
10-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Are you really defending the Social Security here?

My point still stands: Tea Party isn't here to slow or reverse the growth of entitlement spending, they are just worried that the wrong, "undeserving" kind of people will get access to it. Hence their Obamacare obsession.

AuH20
10-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Are you really defending the Social Security here?

My point still stands: Tea Party isn't here to slow or reverse the growth of entitlement spending, they are just worried that the wrong, "undeserving" kind of people will get access to it. Hence their Obamacare obsession.

Huh??? Do you know how many predominatly white households in Kentucky and West Virginia are utterly dependent on SNAP and SSDI payments? You have no idea what you're saying.

georgiaboy
10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
The GOP has never turned back government growth or spending, despite all the rhetoric that have hijacked from their most earnest members.

That is the knife I pulled from my back during the 2008 election cycle.

jbauer
10-17-2013, 10:58 AM

Ummmmmm.......

Because those old white racist bastards paid into the system and those young black single mothers haven't done $hit.

You get what you give man

aGameOfThrones
10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Ummmmmm.......

Because those old white racist bastards paid into the system and those young black single mothers haven't done $hit.

You get what you give man

Yeah, but those young mothers of all colors have 20 kids to feed. Do you hate children?

georgiaboy
10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Question now is - will this Tea Party wither away now that the debt ceiling has been increased, Obamacare lives, and the drunken sailors continue to enjoy their shore leave?

Answer -- no.

better-dead-than-fed
10-17-2013, 11:14 AM
There he goes again - calling us all racists while mocking everything we believe and our philosophies in general. And our mods let him troll here because ....... ?

Because they are not Hitler proteges like you. Do you hide behind your sofa every time someone recites the alphabet?

better-dead-than-fed
10-17-2013, 11:19 AM

It was only a "hidden" tax all along, and they're the ones who allowed it to happen; so cut them off, and let the example serve to deter future generations from being such pushovers...

surf
10-17-2013, 11:34 AM
it's military spending on every level.

it's that effing simple. if this goddamn teaparty has any high ground to stand on, this is it.

it ain't about entitlements.

angelatc
10-17-2013, 11:48 AM

That's just how liberals work the politics though. And unless the GOP can come up with an equally dishonest line of emotional rhetoric, the Dems will win.

I'd like to say that everybody I know on SS would happily give it up but that is not true. There are some that would, but there are more that would take a lump sum settlement, and that would be an excellent way to at least lighten the load.

I would not mind the SS program if it were, say....optional? Having a place to save for retirement is a great idea, and having such a plan that will not let you take your money out for any reason....I think that's a good idea too. But again, as long as it is optional.

Prog Snob
10-17-2013, 11:59 AM
That's just how liberals work the politics though. And unless the GOP can come up with an equally dishonest line of emotional rhetoric, the Dems will win.

I'd like to say that everybody I know on SS would happily give it up but that is not true. There are some that would, but there are more that would take a lump sum settlement, and that would be an excellent way to at least lighten the load.

I would not mind the SS program if it were, say....optional? Having a place to save for retirement is a great idea, and having such a plan that will not let you take your money out for any reason....I think that's a good idea too. But again, as long as it is optional.

I'll agree with that. The idea of being forced to pay into something seems barbaric at this stage of the game.

HOLLYWOOD
10-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Brent Hume is just the Fascist right wing of the same establishment vulture inciting the masses with having them preoccupying in conflict with one another...

Yeah, but those young mothers of all colors have 20 kids to feed. Do you hate children?And the example of one of many that are helped, yet want even more. Americans natural sincerity to helping the needy is systematically be killed by government and the abusers. It's government that has allowed and enabled America to manifest into a ignorant, immoral, pathetic society. Exactly what government wants so they have the power to control it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBqjZ0KZCa0

jbauer
10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah, but those young mothers of all colors have 20 kids to feed. Do you hate children?

I feed mine....and generally yes. I waited till I had sufficient funds to feed and shelter them. Then when I was done they did the whole snip snip thing so no more kids for me.

jbauer
10-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Brent Hume is just the Fascist right wing of the same establishment vulture inciting the masses with having them preoccupying in conflict with one another...

And the example of one of many that are helped, yet want even more. Americans natural sincerity to helping the needy is systematically be killed by government and the abusers. It's government that has allowed and enabled America to manifest into a ignorant, immoral, pathetic society. Exactly what government wants so they have the power to control it all.

Damn, she is FUGLY

Feeding the Abscess
10-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Pretty easy to understand, really.

The tide is indeed turning, too. We never had a chance to stop TARP. This time around, there was a lot more horsepower on our side.

Next time, we'll be even stronger.

After 30+ years of only Ron Paul, now we see whole caucuses, even bills getting passed in the House to reduce gov't spending. We're on the right track, just gotta keep on keeping on.

At all levels of the GOP all over the country, honest to goodness small gov't types are filling the committees, being elected into local and state offices.

Even talk radio is moving in our direction.

The day will come. Soon.

ETA - and who has been leading GOP presidential polls?

I'm tellin' ya, there are holes in the dam everywhere, more being created each day.

This could have been written in 1980, 1994, and 2000.

Nothing changed, the state grew on and on.

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.

Pericles
10-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Oh, I see...they are all racists and hate ******s.

Gotcha.

And they like to shoot assault rifles.

LibForestPaul
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM

So when the mob forces someone to pay and promises kickbacks, that poor bitch is entitled to the next poor shlepps monies.

georgiaboy
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.

It's a fair point. Nonetheless, I do think things are different this time. At least they are for me.

Aratus
07-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Question now is - will this Tea Party wither away now that the debt ceiling has been increased, Obamacare lives, and the drunken sailors continue to enjoy their shore leave?

Answer -- no.

POTUS Trump dropped more & bigly bigger bombs last year,
He did reduced some of the upper brackets in our tax code,
increasing our debt. As he talked about reducing spending.

Aratus
07-21-2018, 08:58 PM

Anyway, I doubt Obama will be responsible for increasing
the debt by the same percentage Reagan did.

2018 also fits this to a T

Danke
07-21-2018, 08:58 PM

Oyarde should pick her tab after all we have done for his tribe.