PDA

View Full Version : Do some members of "anonymous" hinder more than help?

Unregistered
10-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Hello
I am hoping that I can get some critical thinkers to analyze some of this info. It is a mind boggler, but with the recent case of Daisy Coleman, and the Anonymous COLLECTIVE inserting themselves in to the case in Maryville, I'm hoping it will turn out better than the Steubenville case. I found a pretty good footnoted article on the history of one of the major "leaders" in Steubenville, and not only do I wonder if he was a "fed" all along, I question the "goal" of this person writing the article. It sounds way to mundane (regarding BOTH of their intentions) but I am just not so sure.

If you are interested in this kind of mind, I would encourage you to look up the documenation with this title:

Did Ky Anonymous/Deric Lostutter purposely mislead the Steubenville protesters?

make sure to investigate the footnotes in that article.

#maryville could very well be the next Stuebenville, but as a person who just skimmed that case, I was *clueless* about the misinfo put out by the "people" supposedly trying to "expose the truth". I am pretty fascinated by the "heroes" in social media becoming "instant heroes", if you will.

Here is a small portion of the article:

The methods used by Deric Lostutter (Ky) and Noah Mchugh(Bat Cat) were unorthodox, at times illegal, and questionable often leaking false information picked up and carried the world over by the media. Lostutter's plan was to weaponize the media supposedly to demand justice for the 16 year old rape victim. Using the formula of often false information, and some truthful facts, Lostutter succeeded in his goals.

But at what cost does waging a moral war for a just cause pay when it's started and fueled by mostly lies, and rumors with very little facts?

I've had the last 5 months to go over all my files and notes from the case as well as archived tweets from Deric, Bat Cat and many others, I have uncovered a pattern of inconsistences, bold faced lies, and contradictions put out by the "White Knight" of anonymous. As well as recent inconsistencies and contradictions made by Lostutter to which when i ask questions on this,my questions are deflected, or I am flat out told I have been bought out by a group the twitterverse calls The Steubenville Truthers (If I was paid off, I certainly would not be homelss living in a cave down by a Pittsburgh River, or be penniless as I struggle to continue to bring you the news.)

Unregistered
10-16-2013, 10:23 PM
People that "insert" themselves in to rape cases like "Deric" actually need "truthers". Could people in the RP community fill that void? Hackers vs. Hackers??? mind blown.

I do think there is a market, and HAS BEEN a market, it is just not "OUT".

pcosmar
10-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Hello
I am hoping that I can get some critical thinkers to analyze some of this info. It is a mind boggler, but with the recent case of Daisy Coleman, and the Anonymous COLLECTIVE inserting themselves in to the case in Maryville,

#maryville could very well be the next Stuebenville,

I am not sure what you are hoping for...

Anonymous is not some controlled hierarchy.. it is just people..

And what about the rape case do you want to be different? A harsher or more lenient sentence?

I have read a bit about Maryville,, I think the political connections will get it quashed..but if I had my choice,,
i would like the scumbag politician to be charged and convicted for obstruction and the rapists jailed.

Unregistered
10-23-2013, 02:43 PM
I am not sure what you are hoping for...

Anonymous is not some controlled hierarchy.. it is just people..

And what about the rape case do you want to be different? A harsher or more lenient sentence?

I have read a bit about Maryville,, I think the political connections will get it quashed..but if I had my choice,,
i would like the scumbag politician to be charged and convicted for obstruction and the rapists jailed.

If you read some of the documentation posted above, specifically the info about Lostutter that was spreading misinfo and ended getting raided by the feds, as well as the fact that BatCat turned out to be a fed, you might see how "Anonymous" can do more harm than good. I firmly believe in the right to privacy, and the right to be "anonymous", but when anonymity is used to conceal deception, then it becomes a liability. Anonymous has proven to be very easy to infiltrate, and because they are "anonymous"...
Another example, the Fed that was busted in the Motorcycle beating case that was also an agent provocateur Fed embedded in the Occupy group.

As far as the case in Maryville, there has been no "sentence" at all, that is the problem. The only person sentenced at all in the case was the unnamed 15 yo. I am very glad that Anonymous has taken up the cause, if only to bring sunlight to it, but also wonder why this particular case was chosen, and not because it doesn't deserve attention. I don't even think that a newly appointed prosecutor will do it justice, as cynical as I have become, I am thinking that she will also be an "insider" and will probably try her best to whitewash the case and provide damage control. I have ZERO trust in state appointed prosecutors.

I have often wondered why Anonymous takes up the causes that they do, even in cases of rape, they seem to target cases where politicians are involved,specifically Republicans. Why not take up causes with international implications rather than small town implications? God knows that big cities like Detroit and Chicago are the most corrupt in the entire NATION, but they are taking on Maryville, Ohio? Instead of hacking in to tiny town computers and getting raided by the Feds, why not hack in to something that could actually affect things globally? Iow, Snowden is one man and he has made Anonymous look like a bunch of 14 year olds hiding out in their mother's basement- he has put them to shame.

I don't agree that Anonymous is "not a hierarchy", I do believe that the majority of them are unknowingly being controlled by a hierarchy- or as some call it, controlled opposition. If you look at the major players in the Steubenville case as documented in the post above, you will see that most certainly that whole op was indeed controlled, and at least two of the major players turned out to be Feds.

I am keeping an eye on the Maryville case operatives for that very reason.

Jackson
11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Ahh Anon-ymous.. Hive collective mastermind behind OWS [O]ccupy [W]all [S]treet & affiliate PACs - anti-business pro-union pro-Marx - unconstitutional.

Part of Soros-Marxist-Jihad complex. Supported jihadist rebel group in arab spring [middle east equivalent of occupy]. Hinder America, yes they do.

Christian Liberty
11-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Ahh Anon-ymous.. Hive collective mastermind behind OWS [O]ccupy [W]all [S]treet & affiliate PACs - anti-business pro-union pro-Marx - unconstitutional.

Part of Soros-Marxist-Jihad complex. Supported jihadist rebel group in arab spring [middle east equivalent of occupy]. Hinder America, yes they do.

I've seen annoymous stand for some bad stuff at certain times. For instance, I seem to remember one case where annonymous tried to do something to stop someone from "discriminating" against a homosexual teacher. Regardless of your views of homosexuality (I don't support it, BTW) you have a right to discriminate in a free society. So, I agree that Annonymous is not a libertarian organization.

They aren't the ones destroying the country though. The thugs in Washington DC (Read: Government) are the ones destroying America.

pcosmar
11-13-2013, 09:08 PM
So, I agree that Annonymous is not a libertarian organization.

Anonymous is not an organization at all.

From the Wiki,, and as accurate a description as possible.

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is a loosely associated international network of activists and hacktivists. A website associated with the group describes it as "an internet gathering" with "a very loose and decentralized command structure that operates on ideas rather than directives"

They are, by definition, the opposite of organization.