PDA

View Full Version : Senate bill is here (final)

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 04:42 PM
http://www.c-span.org/uploadedFiles/Content/Documents/AMENDMENT10-16-13C.PDF

-t

ghengis86
10-16-2013, 05:08 PM
I thought spending bills must originate in the House? Or because this is a CR it already had (from the last CR)? Or, it doesn't really matter any longer since our constitutional republic and land of the rule of law has long since been dismantled and dumped into a landfill like the rains of servicemen by the Pentagon most recently?

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 05:16 PM
What a bunch of leagalize gobeldygook!

As best I can see, it authorizes spending at 2013 levels. ie: "Here's a years worth of wages upfront. We can count on you to responsibly budget that, right?" :rolleyes:

You have to appropriate new multi-year programs separately. iw: you aren't really limited to the 2013 budget.

If there is a disaster or we need to bomb some brown people or invade another country: OPEN THE FLOOD GATES!

On the bottom of page 8, they have ~759 Billion of spending written in. ~500 Billion is new spending.

(it's a 35 page bill... takes a while to get through...)

There does not seem to be anything in there to limit spending to 1/4th of what was spent in 2013. ie: you can bet your last dollar it will all be spent when they sit down to work out the 2014 budget in Feb.

WHOA! top of page 13, in some other law, strike ~800 Billion and replace it with ~THREE TRILLION DOLLARS!!!!! OK, so this and the above increase means they are increasing spending by about what the entire yearly budget is, and I'm only on page 13!!!

Anyone else reading this and what are you making of it? Am I off on my interpretation so far?

I'll keep reading, feedback appreciated.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
also on page 13, FIVE TRILLION and then an additional ONE TRILLION for the courts and DoJ (6 TRILLION total, or about twice the yearly budget just for the DoJ part of the police state. I guess they didn't buy enough ammo yet.... :rolleyes: )

pg 14 - 20B then 1B

pg 15/16 - looks like DHS isn't restricted to the budget

Dept of interior - billions, but hay we are talking pocket change here... about 45B

pg 17 - Dept of AG - the food cops and bankrupt small farmers division - 600B

pg 20 - VA - 2.5 TRILLION!

pg 21 - DOT NINE TRILLION!

maritime security - ~200 Billion

DOT again - $450 Billion

pg 28 - Obama can't unilaterally raise the debt limit

pg 31 - slimy rule changes to make things go through

Readers digest version: What I see here is enough NEW spending to effectively DOUBLE the national debt! :mad:

In fairness, some of these are for money allocated for program spending over 10 years. But add to that Congresses normal spending we are looking at TRIPLING the national debt within 10 years.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT! This is a compromise?

-t

jclay2
10-16-2013, 06:12 PM
also on page 13, FIVE TRILLION and then an additional ONE TRILLION for the courts and DoJ (6 TRILLION total, or about twice the yearly budget just for the DoJ part of the police state. I guess they didn't buy enough ammo yet.... :rolleyes: )

pg 14 - 20B then 1B

pg 15/16 - looks like DHS isn't restricted to the budget

Dept of interior - billions, but hay we are talking pocket change here... about 45B

pg 17 - Dept of AG - the food cops and bankrupt small farmers division - 600B

pg 20 - VA - 2.5 TRILLION!

pg 21 - DOT NINE TRILLION!

maritime security - ~200 Billion

DOT again - $450 Billion

pg 28 - Obama can't unilaterally raise the debt limit

pg 31 - slimy rule changes to make things go through

Readers digest version: What I see here is enough NEW spending to effectively DOUBLE the national debt! :mad:

In fairness, some of these are for money allocated for program spending over 10 years. But add to that Congresses normal spending we are looking at TRIPLING the national debt within 10 years.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT! This is a compromise?

-t

Don't forget that the president will have the power to increase the debt as needed unless a two thirds majority stops him!

If that’s confusing, the gist is that it changes the mechanics of the vote to make failure nearly impossible. Instead of needing Congress to approve a debt-ceiling increase, Congress has to override an Obama veto in order to prevent it. So now it would take a two-thirds vote to trigger the kind of terrifying failure that before could have been triggered by a 50 percent–plus–one vote.

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Don't forget that the president will have the power to increase the debt as needed unless a two thirds majority stops him!

That's not the take I got from pg 28 and around there. Are you sure?

If you are correct, that means this is the economic collapse of the USA by 2016.

-t

jclay2
10-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Thats the interpretation that I have seen from three news sources. Here is one: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/10/will-debt-ceiling-extortion-ever-return.html

mad cow
10-16-2013, 07:03 PM
McConnell-Reid Deal Includes $2 Billion Earmark for Kentucky Project

A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a $2 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.

Language in a draft of the McConnell-Reid deal (see page 13, section 123) provided to WFPL News shows a provision that increases funding for the massive Olmsted Dam Lock in Louisville from $775 million to nearly $2. 9 billion.

http://wfpl.org/post/mcconnell-reid-deal-includes-2-billion-earmark-kentucky-project