PDA

View Full Version : The Real Power Behind the Throne -- Jarrett is the Architect & Catalyst of the Shutdown

AuH20
10-16-2013, 09:15 AM
This woman troubles me so, while the jester simply reads from his teleprompter.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/16/valerie-jarrett-architect-obamas-shutdown-strategy/

Lucille
10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I've always thought Obama was her puppet.

libertyjam
10-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Also in NYPost:

Obama adviser ‘architect’ of showdown: author http://nypost.com/2013/10/15/obama-adviser-orchestrated-shutdown-showdown-author/

JCDenton0451
10-16-2013, 10:06 AM
This affair isn't over yet, but already I see some revisionist history on this forum...WTF? :rolleyes:

"The Architect & Catalyst of the Shutdown" is Ted Cruz, and also his buddies from Heritage foundation. They thought they could use a government shutdown to defund Obamacare somehow.

AuH20
10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
This affair isn't over yet, but already I see some revisionist history on this forum...WTF? :rolleyes:

"The Architect & Catalyst of the Shutdown" is Ted Cruz, and also his buddies from Heritage foundation. They thought they could use a government shutdown to defund Obamacare somehow.

So Ted Cruz sent memos to the Parks Department to close down open air memorials? I doubt it, with him being Senator.

FrankRep
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM

He led the "fund the government via piecemeal" approach.

JCDenton0451
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
So Ted Cruz sent memos to the Parks Department to close down open air memorials? I doubt it, with him being Senator.

It's a consequence of the government shutdown, forced by Cruz and the idiots who followed him. Can't you admit now, that Cruz is a loser, and his so-called "plan" to defund Obamacare was a scam?

FrankRep
10-16-2013, 10:18 AM
It's a consequence of the government shutdown, forced by Cruz and the idiots who followed him. Can't you admit now, that Cruz is a loser, and his so-called "plan" to defund Obamacare was a scam?

Absurd statement.

mczerone
10-16-2013, 10:30 AM

Which govt do you work for, seeing as the US govt isn't paying disinfo posters during the shutdown? Maybe it's just a think-tank that has reserve grant money left from before the shutdown.

Or maybe you're just working on Spec, trusting that Cass Sunstien will pay you personally if the black-op that you're on doesn't get a back-pay deal.

JCDenton0451
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Absurd statement.Which part of this statement you don't understand:

Cruz is a loser, and his so-called "plan" to defund Obamacare was a scam

AuH20
10-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Which part of this statement you don't understand:

Cruz is a loser, and his so-called "plan" to defund Obamacare was a scam

On what grounds? The administration has been receptive to giving out waivers & concessions to select special interests. Secondly, Cruz drew a key line in the sand that the Republican establishment took the bait on, illuminating their treachery for the entire Rush Limbaugh crowd to see.

Elias Graves
10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
The republicans should never have staked out "defund obamacare" as their position, no matter how much that's what they wanted. It simply wasn't a realistic bargaining position. They knew going in that they couldn't win that in this battle.
Im all for ditching obamacare but this wasn't the right place to try for that. They knew the senate and president Stompyfeet would dig in.

JCDenton0451
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
On what grounds? The administration has been receptive to giving out waivers & concessions to select special interests. Secondly, Cruz drew a key line in the sand that the Republican establishment took the bait on, illuminating their treachery for the entire Rush Limbaugh crowd to see.

Hmm, the administration has never been particularly receptive to GOP demands. It was naive to expect they would want to compromise with Ted Cruz now. They simply had no reason to. In fact it made more sense for them to try and inflict the maximum damage on the GOP, make them regret.

And wasn't it sufficiently obvious two weeks ago, that's the only way it was going to end, with a total GOP cave? Smart people warned you about this...

And lastly, do you really think that allowing default to happen would put Republicans in a stronger negotiating position? Haven't you learned nothing? :facepalm:

Brian4Liberty
10-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Never doubted that she was behind the President's strategy. It was obvious at the beginning, that any negotiation that did not include Jarrett would be worthless.