PDA

View Full Version : US faces debt ceiling crash at stroke of midnight - We need a drinking game!

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 08:06 AM
For the countdown...

Any suggestions?

This could be more fun than new years :D

Will congress make a deal before midnight?

What will happen if they don't?

-t

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 08:23 AM
What Happens If Congress Can't Make A Deal On The Debt?
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/15/234738316/what-happens-if-congress-cant-make-a-deal-on-the-debt

Warren Buffett: Debt limit is a 'political weapon of mass destruction'
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-debt-limit-warren-buffett-weapon-mass-destruction-20131016,0,3026596.story

-t

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Many of the Democrats’ warnings have been built around the idea that missing the deadline on Thursday will spell doom for the United States and the global economy. After meeting with Mr. Obama on Tuesday afternoon, Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the Democratic leader, was asked by a reporter whether Americans would even notice any immediate changes.

“Oh, please. I mean, we’re talking about something so catastrophic,” Ms. Pelosi said. She called the idea of barreling past the deadline “insanity.”

That's almost as good as "you have to pass it to find out what's in it"...

Some market observers have suggested that the government might have enough money to pay its bills for several days, noting that it must make a $12 billion Social Security payment on Oct. 23 and a $6 billion interest payment on the public debt on Oct. 31. On Nov. 1, the government must spend $58 billion for Medicare and Social Security payments, military salaries and other expenses, according to the Bipartisan Policy Center, a research group based in Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/us/politics/debt-default-deadline-clear-but-implications-are-not.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0

-t

kathy88
10-16-2013, 08:57 AM
The last thing I would want to be when the SHTF is drunk..... just sayin'.

phill4paul
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
If the intention is to get drunk then you'd better start now. I have my doubts that we will see midnight without a "deal."

TruckinMike
10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Alex: "3-card Monte, the shell game, and the US Congress' threat of a debt ceiling crash"

dee-doo-dee doo----dee doo deee dooo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuABhumm6fY)-----------"ding"

TMike: What are three games orchestrated by con-men?

ClydeCoulter
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Alex: "3-card Monte, the shell game, and the US Congress' threat of a debt ceiling crash"

dee-doo-dee doo----dee doo deee dooo-----------"ding"

TMike: What are three games orchestrated by con-men?

Correct! Choose the next category.

specsaregood
10-16-2013, 09:20 AM
If the intention is to get drunk then you'd better start now. I have my doubts that we will see midnight without a "deal."

It doesn't matter if congress makes a deal anyways. emperor Obama is gonna do whatever he feels. he'll tell the treasury to print bills or do whatever and just make it an executive order. hell, if I was a real tinfoil guy I might argue he's been waiting for this opportunity to disband the congress.

malkusm
10-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Correct! Choose the next category.

I'll take Political Fearmongering for $400.

Cabal
10-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I'll take Political Fearmongering for $400.

Redundant.

mczerone
10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Why the Democrats want a deal: If the deadline passes and more "essential" services need to be defunded/cut, more and more people will start to see that we don't need a federal govt.

Why the Republicans want a deal: They're getting the blame here (rightly or wrongly), and whatever short term pain is felt will be on their heads come 2014 midterms.

I just want to see the deadline pass because I'm all for "operation govt chaos" at this point. There's no turning this ship around. They can only hope to finagle things enough to keep it afloat for another 2 years.

I'm not a "hard" conspiracy guy, but the "globalist agenda" here might be to structure a US default that opens up "sovereignty agreements" with China, the EU, and Russia, where the end result is a single economic regulator that oversees inter-National trade and debt agreements. Of course they'll see fit to tie lending/borrowing eligibility to carbon-emissions/energy policies, IP agreements, drug policy, and military policy. Through regulating the national debts, eventually claim the right to regulate intra-national economic affairs, which leads to global legal tender laws, global "judgment" schemes, and then a full on global-state legal system. Right now you might have a state district court, a state circuit court and a federal district court where you are deemed to be in their "jurisdiction" - there'll be just another "global alliance" district court where you can be dragged in and tried for crimes against tyranny.

People will still be allowed to clutch their national flags and pretend that they're "true Americans" - but their kids and grandkids will grow up only knowing the global alliance as their state-god. They'll be pacified that the agreement "saved America" - but it did so only by clandestinely subsuming it under another tyranny.

Just my random speculation.

malkusm
10-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Redundant.

Touché.

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Why the Democrats want a deal: If the deadline passes and more "essential" services need to be defunded/cut, more and more people will start to see that we don't need a federal govt.

Or at least not as bloated a fud guv...

Yeah, lets cut those TSA/DHS and other JBT "essential" services...

Shut down the regulatory agencies!

AWESOME!!!!

-t

Nic
10-16-2013, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY

anaconda
10-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Fastest way to a balanced budget that I can think of. I think if the Dems have to deal with paying bills with cash on hand for a few months, they may be far more amenable to spending cuts in the future. Just a thought. But if Boehner caves we will be powerless.

DamianTV
10-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Every time that someone says Monetary Policy, take a sip (they're gonna say that a LOT too) of Whiskey.

Every time that someone says Obamacare, take a sip (they say that a LOT cuz thats their excuse to fight) of Vodka because of how Unamerican it is.

Every time that someone says Fiscal Policy, take a sip (they're gonna say it a LOT) of Tequila, and yeah, thats kind of Unamerican as well.

Every time they say something that is actually Truly Patriotic (RARE if ever), take a Full Shot of Rum! Rum helped to start the Revolutionary War.

HOLLYWOOD
10-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Wanta point out some numbers showing the waste or money gone:

NATIONAL DEBT(Each Year) UNDER OBAMA
2009: $1.61T
2010: $1.71T
2011: $1.20T
2012: $1.21T
2013: $850B

INTEREST ON THE NATIONAL DEBT
2008: $451.2B
2009: $383.1B
2010: $414.0B
2011: $454.4B
2012: $359.8B
2013: $416.0B

INTEREST PAID ON DEBT TOTAL 2008-2013: $2.4785 TRILLION

TOP SPENDING FY2013
HHS: $841B
SS: $883B
DEFENSE $673+B
TREASURY: $110B

DamianTV
10-16-2013, 02:09 PM
If we did that, every time Zippy said something, we'd all have to take a drink! :p