PDA

View Full Version : Florida cops

tod evans
10-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Isn't this the same area where the cops were selling coke and busting the customers?

From Drudge;

Sanford police to use cameras, letters to fight prostitution

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/police-to-use-cameras-to-record-license-information-of-prostitution-cases/-/1637132/22437388/-/g1yngnz/-/index.html

SANFORD, Fla. -
Starting this week, police in Sanford will start using cameras to record license plate information of suspected "Johns" seen driving through high prostitution areas. And they're hoping a letter sent to the registered owner of the vehicle is a deterrent.

Police said they often do not have enough probable cause to make an arrest of a suspected "John," but some wonder if the "Dear John" letter initiative will wrongly target and embarrass innocent drivers.

Police say that won't be the case.

"We're not going to be generating letters for every vehicle that drives by slow or circles," said Sanford police representative Shannon Cordingly."Obviously, the officer has common sense to know this vehicle's actually looking for a prostitute or if they happen to be lost."

Police said only their most highly trained senior officers will be using the cameras to target suspected "Johns" prowling Sanford streets.

"If you're loitering in the city at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning or 3 o'clock in the morning after the bars let out and you're in some of these neighborhoods and you're in and out, in and out, in and out, yeah, that would kind of flag it," said Sanford police Lt. Joe Santiago, who spearheaded the initiative.

"I'd be killed by the wife, that's one thing," said Adams, who likes the idea as long as the officers using the cameras and sending the letters are trained properly. "I think it would be a good deterrent if you're receiving this. Especially if your significant other sees this letter also."

"Dear John" letters this have already been used by

fisharmor
10-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Same state where Nick Christie's murderers are still pounding a beat.

Scrapmo
10-16-2013, 06:40 AM
"Obviously, the officer has common sense to know this vehicle's actually looking for a prostitute or if they happen to be lost."

I highly fucking doubt it.

phill4paul
10-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Isn't this the same area where the cops were selling coke and busting the customers?

No, you are thinking of Sunrise, Fla. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430080-How-Undercover-Cops-in-a-Florida-City-Make-Millions-Selling-Cocaine

"If you're loitering in the city at 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning or 3 o'clock in the morning after the bars let out and you're in some of these neighborhoods and you're in and out, in and out, in and out, yeah, that would kind of flag it," said Sanford police Lt. Joe Santiago, who spearheaded the initiative.

What a fucking comedian.

Scrapmo
10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
you're in and out, in and out, in and out, yeah, that would kind of flag it," said Sanford police Lt. Joe Santiago, who spearheaded the initiative.

I think we should send anonymous letters to Lt. Joe Santiagos wife. He seems to be spending alot of time in high-prostitution areas.

aGameOfThrones
10-16-2013, 08:25 AM
I think we should send anonymous letters to Lt. Joe Santiagos wife. He seems to be spending alot of time in high-prostitution areas.

Dear Pig letters....

Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.

Matt Collins
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
When red light cameras came to town some high school students would print copies of their teachers' license plate and then go run the red light cameras.

I suspect this sort of thing could happen here.

My friends and family drive through this area all the time, we do a lot of business in the area.

donnay
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
When red light cameras came to town some high school students would print copies of their teachers' license plate and then go run the red light cameras.

I suspect this sort of thing could happen here.

My friends and family drive through this area all the time, we do a lot of business in the area.

With prostitutes?

Red Green
10-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Too bad we can't track license plates to set up the same sort of operation for pigs visiting hos and getting drugs or shaking down drug dealers.

satchelmcqueen
10-16-2013, 10:02 AM
fucking insane. id sue the department for harassment if i got a letter.

Matt Collins
10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
With prostitutes?
no, but I've seen them around in Sanford. It's kind of the worst part of Seminole County.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Someone should.

Mani
10-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Yes. We should be attacking, PRE-CRIME. THOUGHT CRIMES!

You are driving around in a bad area...YOu are thinking or looking for prostitution. Time to send you a written THREAT from the state.

The world will be so much better off if ONLY these officers, were able to bust these thought crimes....