PDA

View Full Version : FL-Cops arrest 12 and 14 y/o girls for bullying FarceBook posts.

tod evans
10-16-2013, 06:19 AM
This just seems like the dude's got a God complex going on.

It's a shame the one girl's dead and the other kids are brats but this kind of behavior has been going on since kids get cooped up together in schools.

Saddling the two kids with lifelong arrest records sure seems like going too far.

Girls, 12 and 14, arrested in death of bullied Florida girl who killed herself

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/15/girls-12-and-14-arrested-in-death-bullied-florida-girl-police-say/?intcmp=trending

WINTER HAVEN, FLA – Two girls have been arrested in the death of a 12-year-old central Florida girl who authorities say committed suicide after being bullied online by several girls for nearly a year, a sheriff said Tuesday.

A Facebook post from one of the girls saying she didn’t care about the suicide of 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick led police to the arrests, according to Sheriff Grady Judd. The suspects, ages 12 and 14, have been charged with felony aggravated stalking, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

"We decided, look, we can't leave her out there," Judd said. "Who else is she going to torment? Who else is she going to harass? Who is the next person she verbally and mentally abuses and attacks?"

Judd held a press conference on Tuesday morning and said authorities acted fast because even though the accused girls' parents were contacted by police about Sedwick's death, the parents did not cooperate with police and the girls were still able to use their social media accounts.

"The parents were not doing what parents are supposed to do," Judd said. "My goodness, wake up, girl."

He said police moved in and made the arrests because it was unclear if the girls would pick a new victim.

Judd said Sedwick was "terrorized" by as many as 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for months through online message boards and texts. Some of the girls' computers and cellphones were seized in the investigation. He said the two girls arrested were the major culprits. One of the suspects had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend. The two had gone to the same school where, at one point, there was a physical confrontation between the girls.

The girl who had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend went to friends around the school and tried to have them turn on Sedwick, Judd said. The girl posted comments on the Internet saying Sedwick should "drink bleach and die," Judd said. The second girl arrested was a former best friend of Sedwick's who was influenced by the other girl to turn on her, Judd said.

A man who answered the phone at the 14-year-old's Lakeland home identified himself as her father. He told The Associated Press that his daughter was "a good girl" and he was "100 percent sure that whatever they're saying about my daughter is not true."

Judd said the girls face felony charges because of Sedwick's age. Though Florida has adopted a bullying law, Judd said the sheriff's office was not likely pursuing any other charges against the girls.

Judd said he released the names and pictures of the girls who were arrested because they're accused felons. Fox News is not releasing their names or pictures because they are minors.

A 12-year-old girl was also arrested in the case. A message left at her Lakeland home was not immediately returned.

Sedwick's mother removed her from the school after the 2012 school year, but the bullying continued on the girl's cellphone via social media, Judd said. On Sept. 9, Sedwick climbed a tower at an abandoned concrete plant and jumped to her death, authorities said.

After the suicide, police looked at the girl's computer and found search queries for topics including "what is overweight for a 13-year-old girl," "how to get blades out of razors" and "how many over-the-counter drugs do you take to die." One of her screensavers also showed Sedwick with her head resting on a railroad track.

Florida has a bullying law named after a teenager who killed himself after being harassed by classmates. Amended July 1 to cover cyberbullying, the law leaves punishment to schools, though law enforcement also can seek more traditional charges.

Both girls were charged as juveniles with third-degree felony aggravated stalking. If convicted, it's not clear how much time, if any at all, the girls would spend in juvenile detention because they did not have any previous criminal history, the sheriff said.

"Time may not be the best trainer here. We've got the change this behavior of these children," Judd said.

Cleaner44
10-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I don't have a problem with the girls being arrested. If the DA thinks they have committed a crime, let them be prosecuted. If a jury thinks they are guilty, let them be convicted. They did cause a death, at least indirectly, and that is no small thing. They arrest by the sheriff does not convict them.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
I've been on a few forums where I told people they ought to go hang themselves.

phill4paul
10-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Judd said he released the names and pictures of the girls who were arrested because they're accused felons. Fox News is not releasing their names or pictures because they are minors.

So, supposing one of these girls commit suicide before trial, does it not follow that the sheriff should be arrested for bullying?

PaulConventionWV
10-16-2013, 07:15 AM

Well shame on you.

PaulConventionWV
10-16-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't feel bad for these girls. They are being tried as juveniles, and what they did sounds truly horrendous. If she doesn't care that the girl died, I don't care that she may go to juvy.

PaulConventionWV
10-16-2013, 07:17 AM
So, supposing one of these girls commit suicide before trial, does it not follow that the sheriff should be arrested for bullying?

No, that's self-inflicted justice.

phill4paul
10-16-2013, 07:25 AM
No, that's self-inflicted justice.

Hardly. Police releasing names and photos of those arrested has always been a pet peeve of mine. Arrest /= Conviction or guilt. I've known individuals that have been convicted in the court of public perception, losing business and causing personal hardship, due to false allegations. In this case the fact that it is minors that had their names and pictures released makes it especially egregious.

juleswin
10-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Hardly. Police releasing names and photos of those arrested has always been a pet peeve of mine. Arrest /= Conviction or guilt. I've known individuals that have been convicted in the court of public perception, losing business and causing personal hardship, due to false allegations. In this case the fact that it is minors that had their names and pictures released makes it especially egregious.

Exactly, the worst is when they release the names and photos of accused rapists or pedophiles cos no matter what happens in court, a big chunk of the population would always believe you got away with it or your are guilty enough just being around situations that would get you accused of such a crime.

tod evans
10-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Childish taunting doesn't equate to criminal behavior in my book.

However it wouldn't take much for me to be able to hold the sheriff accountable for both his actions in the courts and in the "newz".

Kids fuss-n-fight, bicker and complain, and when there's a whole batch of 'em cooped up together they'll get cliquish....The kids this sheriff is after typed things another kid took offense at.

Looking to blame suicide on another person who wasn't there seems far fetched to me.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Well shame on you.

That was one of the nice comments I got when I did that. Heh heh.

aGameOfThrones
10-16-2013, 08:47 AM
What's the suicide rate in the military? Wonder who would get arrested for that.

Ima put this right here.....

15-year-old who streaked at football game commits suicide, faced sex offender reg. & expulsion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430154-15-year-old-who-streaked-at-football-game-commits-suicide-faced-sex-offender-reg-amp-expulsion)

Sedwick's mother removed her from the school after the 2012 school year, but the bullying continued on the girl's cellphone via social media, Judd said. On Sept. 9, Sedwick climbed a tower at an abandoned concrete plant and jumped to her death, authorities said.

If someone called me an asshole on facebook/twitter I would never know.

After the suicide, police looked at the girl's computer and found search queries for topics including "what is overweight for a 13-year-old girl," "how to get blades out of razors" and "how many over-the-counter drugs do you take to die." One of her screensavers also showed Sedwick with her head resting on a railroad track.

Note to self:

Delete pig searches

Oh yeah, those girls are assholes, but I don't think I would put them in jail.

Anti Federalist
10-16-2013, 09:16 AM
The cops and school officials who bullied the 15 year old streaker into killing himself?

Meh, nothing...

Facebook post led to charges in case of girl who killed herself over bullying

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/facebook-post-led-to-charges-in-case-of-girl-who-killed-herself-over-bullying/article14885612/

Published Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013, 10:11 AM EDT

Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013, 10:22 AM EDT

Two girls, 12 and 14, were charged with aggravated stalking in the death of a 12-year-old girl who committed suicide last month after the older one posted an offensive comment on Facebook on Saturday, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says.

“Yes, I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself and I don’t give a [expletive],” said a comment posted on the girl’s account.

Five weeks ago, Rebecca Sedwick, a Lakeland seventh-grader, jumped to her death from a cement factory tower after enduring a year, on and off, of physical and online bullying.

With the latest post, deputies moved quickly on Monday night to arrest the 14-year-old girl they said was the prime instigator and a 12-year-old friend. Neither girl had an arrest record.

“We learned this over the weekend, and we decided that, look, we can’t leave her out there,” Judd said on Tuesday, referring to the older girl. “Who else is she going to torment? Who else is she going to harass? Who is the next person she verbally abuses and attacks?”

He said the older girl told the police that her account had been hacked and that she had not posted the comment.

Judd said the decision to arrest was sudden. Originally, he had hoped to wait until he received data from two far-flung cellphone application companies, Kik Messenger and ask.fm, before moving forward. But, with enough probable cause in hand and the offensive post, he decided not to wait.

“She forced this arrest today,” Judd said of the older girl.

The two girls, who Judd said were the “two primary harassers,” were booked into the juvenile court system and released to their parents under house arrest. He said that, because the girls had clean records, they were unlikely to serve time in juvenile detention if convicted.

In a news conference brimming with outrage and incredulity, Judd said he was stunned by the older girl’s actions. He reserved his harshest words for her parents for failing to monitor her behaviour and for allowing her to keep her phone. The girls already had been questioned by the police over the suicide.

“ After she is questioned and involved in this, why does she even have a device?” Judd said.

He added, “Parents who, instead of taking that device and smashing it into a thousand pieces in front of that child, say her account was hacked.”

The police said the dispute with Rebecca had begun over a boy. The older girl was upset that Rebecca had once dated her boyfriend, they said.

“She began to harass and ultimately torment Rebecca,” said the sheriff, describing the 14-year-old as a girl with a long history of bullying behavior.

The police said the older girl had begun to turn Rebecca’s friends against her, including her former best friend, the 12-year-old who was charged. At first, the bullying was of the traditional variety: physical confrontations and face-to-face arguments, Judd said.

The bullying grew so intense that Rebecca began cutting herself and was sent to a hospital by her mother to receive psychiatric care. Ultimately, her mother, Tricia Norman, pulled her out of Crystal Lake Middle School and switched her to another school.

But the bullying did not stop.

Eventually it leaped into the virtual world, Judd said, and Rebecca began receiving messages that said, “You should go kill yourself,” and “You should drink bleach and die.”

The messages were sent using a variety of social media cellphone messaging and photo-sharing applications, including ask.fm and Kik Messenger.

“Watch what your children do online,” Judd said. “Pay attention. Quit being their best friend, and be their best parent. That’s important.”

donnay
10-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Childish taunting doesn't equate to criminal behavior in my book.

However it wouldn't take much for me to be able to hold the sheriff accountable for both his actions in the courts and in the "newz".

Kids fuss-n-fight, bicker and complain, and when there's a whole batch of 'em cooped up together they'll get cliquish....The kids this sheriff is after typed things another kid took offense at.

Looking to blame suicide on another person who wasn't there seems far fetched to me.

Kids have been bullying since the dawn of time. But this social media network makes me cringe because everyone wants their five minutes of fame and celebrity status. It's insane, really. The other question I have is; I wonder if the girl, that committed suicide, was on psychotropic drugs? If I were a betting woman, I'd bet a $1,000 she was.

aGameOfThrones
10-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Late http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430612-Out-of-control-sheriff

Anti Federalist
10-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Late http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430612-Out-of-control-sheriff

Damn it.

satchelmcqueen
10-16-2013, 09:58 AM
if someone was messing with my kids on fb and it kept going on and on then my kid killed themselves, you better believe id go after the ones who picked on her.

asurfaholic
10-16-2013, 10:02 AM
The parents of the suicide girl are, bless their hearts, partially to blame for letting the girl keep getting involved with social media.

But ultimately one person is responsible for the death. Suicide is a one person act. The parents should have raised her to have thicker skin, and limit her online activity, but life is tough.

The other girls shouldn't be arrested but i wouldn't loose sleep if they were expelled.

Cyberstalking crimes are bullshit in my opinion, because as opposed to traditional stalking, all someone has to do is close the lid, or avoid social media- and the bullying just like that is gone.

If you continue to put yourself into a situation after the situation proves to be hostile, it could be said you are just looking for trouble.

Athan
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Do you harass them every day and gang up on them with a group to such a degree?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Do you harass them every day and gang up on them with a group to such a degree?

"Gang up." What drama.

What--never had an exchange with law enforcement on a forum before?

Occam's Banana
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
"We decided, look, we can't leave her out there," Judd said. "Who else is she going to torment? Who else is she going to harass? Who is the next person she verbally and mentally abuses and attacks?"

Add "physically" to "verbally and mentally" and you could ask every single one of these questions about police. Sauce for the goose ...

amy31416
10-16-2013, 07:19 PM
if someone was messing with my kids on fb and it kept going on and on then my kid killed themselves, you better believe id go after the ones who picked on her.

I think Sedwick's parents need to take a long, hard look at themselves as well. What was so wrong with their relationship that their daughter couldn't come to them when she was going through a year's worth of crises with numerous bullies?

Sometimes parents simply aren't paying attention until it's too late. There had to be signs.

bolil
10-16-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't feel bad for these girls. They are being tried as juveniles, and what they did sounds truly horrendous. If she doesn't care that the girl died, I don't care that she may go to juvy.

Don't feel bad? They didn't kill the girl, the girl killed herself. No matter how tragic that is, you can't go about punishing away the sadness. Sounds horrendous, sure, but deserving of jail? Suicide is a victimless crime. If someone chooses to opt out of life, that is their choice. No one ties the noose, pulls the trigger, or swallows the pill except for the person departing.

If you would punish these girls for contributing to a suicide (LOL), then who do you punish when a suicide is attempted post divorce? The lawyers? The judge? The spouse?

This guy sounds like a shitty Sheriff to me. Go catch a rapist, Dudely done stupid.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Parents now possibly going to jail too.

Florida sheriff eyes charging parents of teens arrested after bullied girl’s suicide

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/17/florida-sheriff-eyes-charging-parents-teens-arrested-after-bullied-girls/

The Florida sheriff investigating a girl's suicide allegedly prompted by online bullying said he's considering charging the parents of one of the two girls arrested in the case because they're in "total denial."

Polk Country Sheriff Grady Judd told Fox News Thursday that if evidence indicates the parents of one of the two girls knowingly allowed the girl to post the bullying comments online, they could be charged with contributing to the dependency or delinquency of a child.

The two girls, ages 12 and 14, were identified by police as the main culprits in the bullying they say led to 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick's suicide. Judd said the 14-year-old girl showed a "total disregard for life" and continued to post comments online after the girl's death.

The family of the 14-year-old girl said her computer account was hacked and that she was not posting anymore. The girl's mother told ABC News that she checked her daughter's Facebook status every time she used it.

Judd, however, has questioned that account.

"You tell me that there's not parents, who instead of taking that device and smashing it into a 1,000 pieces in front of her child, says, 'Oh, her account was hacked?' We see where the problem is," Judd said.

Judd has been criticized by some for his handling of the case. One Tampa Bay defense lawyer told MyFoxTampaBay.com that "he's doing an awful job of pre-judging."

"I don't understand why he can't let the system play out, why he can't let the people who are the lawyers — not the sheriff — investigate the case, look into what's going on here, and then have a judge decide what the appropriate penalty or sentence is, and see about the proper way to handle this in a courtroom," attorney Jeff Brown told the station.

Judd said his office had to step in because the bullying continued and others could have been endangered.

Sedwick was "terrorized" by as many as 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for months through online message boards and texts, authorities said. One of the suspects had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend. The two had gone to the same school where, at one point, there was a physical confrontation between the girls, authorities said.

The girl who had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend went to friends around the school and tried to have them turn on Sedwick, Judd said. The girl posted comments on the Internet saying Sedwick should "drink bleach and die," authorities said. The second girl arrested was a former best friend of Sedwick's who was influenced by the other girl to turn on her, authorities said.

Sedwick climbed a tower at an abandoned concrete plant and jumped to her death on Sept. 9, authorities said.

aGameOfThrones
10-17-2013, 12:30 PM

Florida sheriff eyes charging parents of teens arrested after bullied girl’s suicide

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/17/florida-sheriff-eyes-charging-parents-teens-arrested-after-bullied-girls/

The Florida sheriff investigating a girl's suicide allegedly prompted by online bullying said he's considering charging the parents of one of the two girls arrested in the case because they're in "total denial."

Polk Country Sheriff Grady Judd told Fox News Thursday that if evidence indicates the parents of one of the two girls knowingly allowed the girl to post the bullying comments online, they could be charged with contributing to the dependency or delinquency of a child.

The two girls, ages 12 and 14, were identified by police as the main culprits in the bullying they say led to 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick's suicide. Judd said the 14-year-old girl showed a "total disregard for life" and continued to post comments online after the girl's death.

The family of the 14-year-old girl said her computer account was hacked and that she was not posting anymore. The girl's mother told ABC News that she checked her daughter's Facebook status every time she used it.

Judd, however, has questioned that account.

"You tell me that there's not parents, who instead of taking that device and smashing it into a 1,000 pieces in front of her child, says, 'Oh, her account was hacked?' We see where the problem is," Judd said.

Judd has been criticized by some for his handling of the case. One Tampa Bay defense lawyer told MyFoxTampaBay.com that "he's doing an awful job of pre-judging."

"I don't understand why he can't let the system play out, why he can't let the people who are the lawyers — not the sheriff — investigate the case, look into what's going on here, and then have a judge decide what the appropriate penalty or sentence is, and see about the proper way to handle this in a courtroom," attorney Jeff Brown told the station.

Judd said his office had to step in because the bullying continued and others could have been endangered.

Sedwick was "terrorized" by as many as 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for months through online message boards and texts, authorities said. One of the suspects had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend. The two had gone to the same school where, at one point, there was a physical confrontation between the girls, authorities said.

The girl who had been dating Sedwick's former boyfriend went to friends around the school and tried to have them turn on Sedwick, Judd said. The girl posted comments on the Internet saying Sedwick should "drink bleach and die," authorities said. The second girl arrested was a former best friend of Sedwick's who was influenced by the other girl to turn on her, authorities said.

Sedwick climbed a tower at an abandoned concrete plant and jumped to her death on Sept. 9, authorities said.

I made a thread about this before you made your post... I think.

coastie
10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
My kids = NO FACEBOOK. My son had one when he was younger (up to 12) - and then the inevitable happened with the fucking thing (not going there).

He's been without it for nearly three years now, and has somehow survived middle school and his first year of high school unscathed - and "popular" as ever, the girls are burning up his phone and stopping by sometimes(holy shit what are they putting in the milk!!!???). What can I say, I make good looking, cool kids.:p

Anyway, the 10 yr old daughter-unit has never and will never have it, and like her big brother she is quite known and liked amongst her peers.

I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around how one allows their children to be wide open to this type of shit - and I'm not talking about access to Facebook. I'm talking of this "bullying". On a fucking computer screen? Really?

I'm sorry, I personally feel something is deeply wrong with "parenting" today. We're teaching our children to obedient, hyper-emotional little slaves, taught that they have feelings that must not be hurt under any circumstances whatsoever.

What the fuck ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me? (See above).

I've taught both my kids this principle, and they also know how to and will defend themselves if need be.

It saddens me to see all of these kids killing themselves lately over really stupid shit, and the problem lies much much deeper than most are willing to admit. We've become a nation of pussies, and are raising our children to be even worse.

"there ought to be a law", huh America???? You're looking a one of the tragic consequences of that attitude, too bad most of you are too fucking blind to ever see it.

/rant

heavenlyboy34
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
My kids = NO FACEBOOK. My son had one when he was younger (up to 12) - and then the inevitable happened with the fucking thing (not going there).

He's been without it for nearly three years now, and has somehow survived middle school and his first year of high school unscathed - and "popular" as ever, the girls are burning up his phone and stopping by sometimes(holy shit what are they putting in the milk!!!???). What can I say, I make good looking, cool kids.:p

Anyway, the 10 yr old daughter-unit has never and will never have it, and like her big brother she is quite known and liked amongst her peers.

I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around how one allows their children to be wide open to this type of shit - and I'm not talking about access to Facebook. I'm talking of this "bullying". On a fucking computer screen? Really?

I'm sorry, I personally feel something is deeply wrong with "parenting" today. We're teaching our children to obedient, hyper-emotional little slaves, taught that they have feelings that must not be hurt under any circumstances whatsoever.

What the fuck ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me? (See above).

I've taught both my kids this principle, and they also know how to and will defend themselves if need be.

It saddens me to see all of these kids killing themselves lately over really stupid shit, and the problem lies much much deeper than most are willing to admit. We've become a nation of pussies, and are raising our children to be even worse.

"there ought to be a law", huh America???? You're looking a one of the tragic consequences of that attitude, too bad most of you are too fucking blind to ever see it.

/rant
Hey, man! The internetz are all srs bizness, man! ;)
http://wiki.devicerandom.org/images/9/9d/Internet_serious_business_bush.jpg

Cutlerzzz
10-17-2013, 01:32 PM

You wouldn't blame yourself for letting her continue to go on Facebook even after you know what's going on, for failing to give your daughter enough emotional support, or for raising a daughter with a weak enough spirit to kill herself over something so trivial?

Instead you would use violence against a 12 year old over words?

AFPVet
10-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't have a problem with the girls being arrested. If the DA thinks they have committed a crime, let them be prosecuted. If a jury thinks they are guilty, let them be convicted. They did cause a death, at least indirectly, and that is no small thing. They arrest by the sheriff does not convict them.

Nor do I. In fact, in Indiana, if you tell someone to kill themselves, and they do it, you can be charged with "causing suicide" (IC 35-42-1-2) if accompanied by force, duress, or deception—a class B felony.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2013, 07:00 PM
I made a thread about this before you made your post... I think.

Damn it...again

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I wonder if I can still sue the kids in school who told me to "Eat shit and die." I ate the shit but only got sick. You can't blame me because they didn't have self-esteem pills back then.

osan
10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
What a load of bullshit. Kids have been vicious little brats to each other for ages. When it goes too far, parents smack 'em in the head and read them the riot act. But not any more... NOOOOOOOOOOOO... that would be abuse. Well, dead child is pretty abusive.

And as to the suicide, where the hell were her parents? A YEAR this went on? In a week I'd have marched up those kids' parents' asses and read THEM the riot act. And what in hell were they teaching their daughter, how to be a fagged out, gossamer-skinned weakling? The shit I had to survive, and I mean SURVIVE, as a child would have killed this girl in a day, it seems. Raising your children to be ****, why not just drown them in the toilet and get the suffering over with?

What a bunch of retards all around.

Henry Rogue
10-17-2013, 08:07 PM
I saw an interview of the sheriff. He basically said he arrested them, because they showed no remorse on facebook.

source AP

It was a cold-hearted online post that a Florida sheriff said hastened the arrest of two girls, aged 12 and 14, in the bullying-suicide case of 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd repeated the older girl's Facebook comment almost word for word at a news conference Tuesday.

"'Yes, I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself but I don't give a ...'

fr33
10-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Just going off the news articles I've read; I don't think they should have been arrested. Shunned, definitely.

Occam's Banana
10-17-2013, 09:43 PM

Ruh-roh, Raggy! Turf War!

How 'bout this, Mr. Brown, Esq.: Fuck ALL y'all! And your precious goddam "system" ...

tod evans
10-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Ruh-roh, Raggy! Turf War!

How 'bout this, Mr. Brown, Esq.: Fuck ALL y'all! And your precious goddam "system" ...

+rep for proper use of "ALL y'all"...:)

Have you lived in the Ozarks at some point?

MelissaWV
10-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Btw they arrested the older girl's mom, too, after which the cops went on and on about how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

dannno
10-18-2013, 05:13 PM
I think Sedwick's parents need to take a long, hard look at themselves as well. What was so wrong with their relationship that their daughter couldn't come to them when she was going through a year's worth of crises with numerous bullies?

Sometimes parents simply aren't paying attention until it's too late. There had to be signs.

Look what you did.....

edit: oh these may be different parents :confused:

MelissaWV
10-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Look what you did.....

edit: oh these may be different parents :confused:

The mother of the older "bully" is going to jail for a video that surfaced of her beating another child. What makes it weird is the comments by the police about the apple not falling far from the tree, and so on.

Occam's Banana
10-18-2013, 07:30 PM
+rep for proper use of "ALL y'all"...:)

Have you lived in the Ozarks at some point?

Out in the boonies in the vicinities of Doniphan & Gatewood (MO) for 2nd-4th grades.
Then to a town in the flatlands to the east (along Crowley's Ridge) for the rest of my K-12 schoolin' ...

Does that count?

dillo
10-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Another DA that should be disbarred