PDA

View Full Version : Listen To Any Police Dept Live, Anywhere For Free!

DamianTV
10-16-2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen

Im trying it out right now...

GregSarnowski
10-16-2013, 01:17 AM
You can download the app too if you have a smartphone.

The problem with scanners in my experience is between the muffled static and the codes it is often hard to make out what is being communicated/happening.

Cap
10-16-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks Damian.

Suzu
10-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I've tried several locations so far... I hear nothing at all.

SeanTX
10-16-2013, 08:04 AM
More and more cities are starting to use encryption on the "tactical" channels , so you won't hear much that's interesting. What was really eye-opening for me about 20 years ago or so was to listen to cops talking to one another on the old analog cell phones (I had a Bearcat scanner that wasn't supposed to receive them, but it could pick up the "image" frequencies). I heard all sorts of shenanigans, like one cop bragging to his wife/gf about the stuff he stole from somebody during a traffic stop, things like that. It's was part of my awakening to how cops really are.

Though many police comms are still out in the open -- last February I listened for hours as they closed in on Chris Dorner at Big Bear. I knew what was going to happen as soon as I heard "deploy the burners" -- and I'm sure that's the main reason they are going to encryption, so that no busy-body mundanes can hear such things.