PDA

View Full Version : Remains of 274 Troops Reportedly Dumped in Virginia Landfill

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 12:56 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/08/remains-274-troops-reportedly-dumped-in-virginia-landfill/?intcmp=trending

The Pentagon on Thursday pledged "utmost care" for the remains of fallen soldiers following a report that the remains of at least 274 troops were dumped in a Virginia landfill.

The report, in The Washington Post, revealed that the Air Force used the landfill far more frequently than had previously been acknowledged. The practice was ended three years ago.

"The secretary is aware of this media report and remains committed to the utmost care for our fallen heroes and their families," George Little, spokesman for Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, said in a statement.

Little added that Panetta supports "the current practice of placing subsequently identified remains at sea, which has been the policy of the department since 2008."

According to the Post, incinerated partial remains were dumped at a King George County landfill in Virginia. They were cremated between 2004 and 2008.

The report was based on database information at the Dover Air Base mortuary, where the remains of most war dead return. The revelations came after a four-year inquiry by the widow of Sgt. Scott Smith, who was killed in July 2006 as part of a bomb-disposal unit. She kept asking about where his remains were placed and eventually got the answer.

The families of the dead authorized the military to dispose of the remains respectfully and with dignity. They were unaware of the landfill dumping, and Air Force officials told the newspaper they have no plans now to alert the families.

Military policy or regulations did not formally authorize the practice. The mortuary has handled the remains of more than 6,300 troops since 2001.

-t

AngryCanadian
10-16-2013, 01:04 AM
That is just sad.
This just shows they dont care about people whatever they are soldiers or not. Even if they are soldiers and were just following orders they dont deserve such treatment.

eduardo89
10-16-2013, 01:10 AM
in b4 FreedomFanatic saying soldiers deserve this.

GregSarnowski
10-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Make the ultimate sacrifice and get thrown in the trash; just about sums up the government's contempt even for those who serve it faithfully.

Not that I feel too bad for the families who apparently couldn't be bothered to claim their kin's remains.

Now the policy is to dispose the bodies at sea? What is Arlington National Cemetery affected by the government shutdown now too? (Actually I'm surprised Obama hasn't personally tried to snuff out the Eternal Flame at JFK's grave to save on propane costs).

bolil
10-16-2013, 01:25 AM
No one that supports sending other people to kill and die for their opinions has a right to get upset about this. Bummed about them being dumped in the trash? Their dead bodies? Well, you sent the living version into hell so fuck off.

And the government? Well, they dropped nuclear weapons on a civilian population so what does anyone expect? Seriously. People get some bunched up panties over the Stars and bars and never stop to wonder about the abomination flag. The one that institutionalized slavery to being with. The one that invaded its own country. The one that murdered the shit out of south America. Yeah, someone once said, "wash the flag," guess he forgot that blood don't wash out.

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 01:38 AM
No one that supports sending other people to kill and die for their opinions has a right to get upset about this. Bummed about them being dumped in the trash? Their dead bodies? Well, you sent the living version into hell so fuck off.

And the government? Well, they dropped nuclear weapons on a civilian population so what does anyone expect? Seriously. People get some bunched up panties over the Stars and bars and never stop to wonder about the abomination Obamanation flag. The one that institutionalized slavery to being with. The one that invaded its own country. The one that murdered the shit out of south America. Yeah, someone once said, "wash the flag," guess he forgot that blood don't wash out.

fixed that for ya and brought it up to date :D

-t

Mani
10-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Regardless of how you feel about soldiers, "Heroes" or "Villains" or something in the middle, it's a pretty sick way to treat anyone's remains. That's third world country shit right there...Tossing parts of dead bodies in the trash.

And for a country that, "Supports the Troops" is the most politically correct thing in the world, that's some support.

"Your a real hero kid. Go murder a bunch of brown people and when you end up dead, we'll toss your body parts in the goddamn trash. Here's a flag for your mom. Thanks for your sacrifice."

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2013, 02:50 AM
Here's a flag for your mom. Thanks for your sacrifice."

Flag - like they gave us when my dad passed.

It had a tag that said Made in China
It was made of the flimsiest cloth I've ever seen. Bit heavier than tissue paper, more like the strength of industrial TP.
It was printed on one side only.
It came with instructions:
Do not expose to sunlight - colors will fade.
Do not get wet, colors will run.

I really wonder how much the gvmt paid for them. Direct, maybe pennies - and I mean single digits. Or more likely, they bought them from Halliburton and the taxpayer got charged $400 a pop...

:rolleyes:

-t

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Regardless of how you feel about soldiers, "Heroes" or "Villains" or something in the middle, it's a pretty sick way to treat anyone's remains. That's third world country shit right there...Tossing parts of dead bodies in the trash.

And for a country that, "Supports the Troops" is the most politically correct thing in the world, that's some support.

"Your a real hero kid. Go murder a bunch of brown people and when you end up dead, we'll toss your body parts in the goddamn trash. Here's a flag for your mom. Thanks for your sacrifice."

That's the long and short of it. There were 274 bodies desecrated in this way, but I'd bet we could count on two hands the number of True Believers who come to renounce their devotion to their One True God, The State because of it.

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Multi-post fail.

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 02:56 AM
Multi-post fail.

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Multi-post fail.

Scrapmo
10-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Reminds me of what happened to Boxer from Animal Farm.

Cap
10-16-2013, 06:39 AM
What's next?
Soylent Green?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9IKVj4l5GU4

loveshiscountry
10-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Flag - like they gave us when my dad passed.

It had a tag that said Made in China
It was made of the flimsiest cloth I've ever seen. Bit heavier than tissue paper, more like the strength of industrial TP.
It was printed on one side only.
It came with instructions:
Do not expose to sunlight - colors will fade.
Do not get wet, colors will run.

I really wonder how much the gvmt paid for them. Direct, maybe pennies - and I mean single digits. Or more likely, they bought them from Halliburton and the taxpayer got charged $400 a pop...

:rolleyes:

-tMy sister was in charge of the flag when my father was buried in Arlington National. They replaced it since her flag was made in China. I'm using the made in China flag as a table cloth.
You and your family should have been treated much better. Sorry for your loss.

kathy88
10-16-2013, 07:31 AM
That article is three years old.