PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Rally and the MSM

MsDoodahs
06-25-2007, 08:42 AM
The FairTax Rally outside the SC debates got little to no MSM coverage and there were thousands present for it.

Should we be brainstorming ways to attract national MSM coverage of the Iowa RP rally, or is it more important to get coverage in Iowa only?

Maybe Iowa and NH, other early states?

How to do that?

IS there any way to do that?

BLS
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
That's a very good question, because I had initially thought RP's PR folks would be spinning it around the MSM...but we can't assume they are going to do the leg work.

dspectre
06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
If You want to get the MSM attention, give a lot of money to RP.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE. That it what these people understand.

mdh
06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think an event of this calliber will garner national attention. If it can make waves locally though, that's what we want. Hopefully the Iowa folks are bugging their friends at newspapers, etc, to come down and report.

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 08:47 AM
It would be great if we could convince CSPAN to be there to cover it. They just might be interested since they would be able to cover both events, back-to-back.

torchbearer
06-25-2007, 08:48 AM
repost:
Ron Paul Listed As Top Tier Candidate
It's true, at least it was at 10:45 EST, 6/25/07.

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/

John of Des Moines
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
The FairTax Rally outside the SC debates got little to no MSM coverage and there were thousands present for it.

Should we be brainstorming ways to attract national MSM coverage of the Iowa RP rally, or is it more important to get coverage in Iowa only?

Maybe Iowa and NH, other early states?

How to do that?

IS there any way to do that?

The way to get the MSM to cover the event is to make it like Woodstock with the freeways backed-up for 50 miles in all directions. People abandoning their cars in the middle of the interstate parking lot and walking towards Des Moines. Now that would get some attention from the MSM. :eek: We'll call it "PAULSTOCK" :cool:

MsDoodahs
06-25-2007, 08:52 AM
How do we get C-Span to be aware of it? That should probably be directly from the campaign, I guess?

That friendly dj in Iowa - could he maybe broadcast live from the RP speech or maybe have a spot at the rally?

What about making sure all the local media are getting invites? And national media, too? Especially to where the food is. lol...

MsDoodahs
06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
The way to get the MSM to cover the event is to make it like Woodstock with the freeways backed-up for 50 miles in all directions. People abandoning their cars in the middle of the interstate parking lot and walking towards Des Moines. Now that would get some attention from the MSM. :eek: We'll call it "PAULSTOCK" :cool:

John, I'd be pissed as hell and never vote for a candidate that caused me that kind of traffic headache.

belian78
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
harumph! still not listed in IL! allthough all the comments are pro-paul!

LibertyEagle
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
How do we get C-Span to be aware of it? That should probably be directly from the campaign, I guess?

I don't think it would hurt anything and it could potentially help, if we forwarded both event announcements to them, pointed out they were right next door to one another and asked them nicely to attend.

That friendly dj in Iowa - could he maybe broadcast live from the RP speech or maybe have a spot at the rally?

What about making sure all the local media are getting invites? And national media, too? Especially to where the food is. lol...

Great ideas.