PDA

View Full Version : Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?

Lucille
10-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Foodstamp Program Shutdown Imminent?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-15/foodstamp-program-shutdown-imminent

When over the weekend, a Xerox "glitch" shut down the EBT system, better known as foodstamps, for nearly the entire day across 17 states leaving millions without "funding" to pay for food leading to dramatic examples of the basest human behavior possible, some of the more conspiratorial elements saw this merely as a dress rehearsal for what may be coming in the immediate future. While there was no basis to believe that is the case, a USDA (the currently shuttered agency that administers the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) memo obtained by the Crossroads Urban Center in Utah carries in it a very disturbing warning for the 46+ million Americans currently on foodstamps.

To wit: "understanding the operational issues and constraints that States face, and in the interest of preserving maximum flexibility, we are directing States to hold their November issuance files and delay transmission to State electronic benefit transfer (EBT) vendors until further notice." In other words, as Fox13News summarizes, "States across the country are being told to stop the supplemental nutrition assistance program for the month of November, pending further notice."

The full memo first posted on the Crossroads Facebook page is shown below:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/10/Foodstamp%20USDA%20Letter_0.jpg

More on this dramatic development which, if implemented, would will result in significant unpredictable outcomes across the nation:
[...]
One hopes such "alternative" feeding arrangements will be peaceful, although in the most heavily armed nation in the world, and arguably the one where a massive portion of the population is now fully reliant on the welfare state for virtually every daily need, it is easy to see cutting off daily bread to tens of millions has a less than happy ending.

As the report notes, for people out on the streets like Richard Phillips, "It could impact us and it’s going to cause problems because you’re going to come to find out that people are going to steal and do what they have to do to survive."

Such a realization could come as a very unpleasant wake up call for the millions of other Americans who still live in their Ivory Towers, focusing on the daily gyrations of the S&P500, and largely oblivious of how the rest of America lives.

The full report on what may be the most catalytic event in the history of the US welfare state is presented below.

Would his administration be this diabolical? More importantly, was the recent glitch not a glitch?

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/bracken-department-of-agriculture-to-suspend-snap-1-november/

Yeah, it was probably a test run.

oyarde
10-15-2013, 11:53 AM
I will smile when the entire USDA is no longer federally tax funded.

Lucille
10-15-2013, 12:06 PM
The government giveth, and the government taketh away.

I'm sure the backdoor Banksta Bailouts (ZIRP, QE∞, OMF) for the Wall Street Welfare Queens will continue though.

Elias Graves
10-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Obama hoped shutting down the parks would cause violence. He underestimated the docility of working Americans.
He knows he can count on the welfare bums to riot if they don't get their dole.
Obama needs unrest to declare a state of emergency and this is looking like his quickest route.

tod evans
10-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Obama hoped shutting down the parks would cause violence. He underestimated the docility of working Americans.
Obama needs unrest to declare a state of emergency and this is looking like his quickest route.

Well the stage is set what with those damn 'publicans holding the purse strings...

Wish he'd get on with it and quit tinkering.

angelatc
10-15-2013, 12:42 PM

Exactly right. I think I said this in another thread, but a legitimate leader would be out there reassuring the people that their government cares about them and will find a way through this impasse.

This is what evil looks like.

brushfire

I'm sure the backdoor Banksta Bailouts (ZIRP, QE∞, OMF) for the Wall Street Welfare Queens will continue though.

It seems so obvious to me, yet some people choose to leave their fate to the whims of politics.

Regardless of whether one chooses to blame the "Tea Party", one must be capable of seeing the flaws in the political process - in some capacity.

fools... Let the riots begin.

Elias Graves
Well, you gotta get the stage set through the propaganda machine first...

shane77m
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
guess I need to buy some more supplies.

Elias Graves
10-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Although, one could read the memo as merely telling states to hold off until they test everything and make sure it all works.

Uriel999
10-15-2013, 12:46 PM
guess I need to buy some more supplies.

Remember the 5 B's: Bullets, Beans, Bandages, Batteries, and Bad Guys.

Be well supplied with the first 4, because sadly there will plenty of the last.

Zippyjuan
10-15-2013, 12:50 PM
There may be reductions in SNAP payments if the shutdown runs into November but they aren't talking about shutting down the whole program.

http://frac.org/federal-foodnutrition-programs/snapfood-stamps/about-the-november-1-snapfood-stamp-benefit-reduction/

On November 1, 2013, the SNAP/Food Stamp benefit boost created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 ends. Federal law requires a decrease in monthly benefits for everyone getting benefits. The reduction takes effect on November 1, 2013.

The reduction is about 5.5 percent of the maximum allotment, so the amount of the decrease depends on the household size. For example:

Household Size Monthly Benefits Lost
1 person – $11
2 people – $20
3 people – $29
4 people – $36

People getting the minimum benefit will see only a decrease of $1, from $16 to $15.

Occam's Banana
10-15-2013, 12:57 PM

The government taketh, and the government giveth what it hath taketh, and the government taketh what it hath giveth that it hath taketh, and ... my head hurts ...

Lucille
10-15-2013, 01:02 PM
The government taketh, and the government giveth what it hath taketh, and the government taketh what it hath giveth that it hath taketh, and ... my head hurts ...

LOL That's more accurate!

Exactly right. I think I said this in another thread, but a legitimate leader would be out there reassuring the people that their government cares about them and will find a way through this impasse.

+rep

GregSarnowski
10-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Let's get real; the dollar could crash and food stamps would continue unabated. The dems and the RINOs will never give up 50 million guaranteed votes.

angelatc
10-15-2013, 01:16 PM

You need to Tweet that so that I can reTweeteth it.

Demigod
10-15-2013, 01:24 PM

War starts when you want but does not end when you will.Blood demands blood and when neighbors start killing each other it is very hard to just stop things and make everyone forget everything.

Elias Graves
10-15-2013, 01:27 PM
War starts when you want but does not end when you will.Blood demands blood and when neighbors start killing each other it is very hard to just stop things and make everyone forget everything.

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.

heavenlyboy34
10-15-2013, 01:29 PM
JP Morgan, et al will not sit idly by and watch the EBT program (and the profit they get from it) get shut down.

Occam's Banana
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
You need to Tweet that so that I can reTweeteth it.

:D

oyarde
10-15-2013, 10:43 PM

You are correct , I have faced evil and this is it .

oyarde
10-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Well the stage is set what with those damn 'publicans holding the purse strings...

Wish he'd get on with it and quit tinkering.

I hope they never let go of the purse strings , should have been done long ago ....better late than never , lol , bring it fuckers !

AuH20
10-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Release the racism!!! LOL Though I'm sure there will be white trash areas that will revolt. But the cities will burn in a glorious fashion.

oyarde
10-15-2013, 10:54 PM

Yes , it will never stop .They can kill me , then there are my twenty two , Sons , Grand Sons , Brother In Laws , Son in Laws, Cousins, Brothers......

heavenlyboy34
10-15-2013, 10:57 PM

IOW, lie through his teeth. Natch. ;) :D

heavenlyboy34
10-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Yes , it will never stop .They can kill me , then there are my twenty , Sons , Grand Sons , Brother In Laws , Son in Laws, Cousins, Brothers......
You don't have any amazon-like women in your tribe?

eduardo89
10-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Ms. Rowe would never let EBT get shut down.

http://www.foodservicedirector.com/images/stories/audrey-rowe.jpg

I bet you she received benefits at one point in her life, before she got her 6-figure job, pension, and health care package.

oyarde
10-16-2013, 12:51 AM
You don't have any amazon-like women in your tribe?

Multitudes of those.