PDA

View Full Version : Was Gov't shutdown planned and orchestrated months ago in advance?

qh4dotcom
10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Makes a lot of sense....what do you all think? I wonder how the Obamabots who blame the Republicans can explain this.

https://www.facebook.com/keith.chillquist/posts/10202547943602524

Did anyone besides me wonder how they got all those signs distributed
far and wide, including to all the national parks and cemeteries
overseas only eight to ten hours after the government shut down? Take a
look at this from someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that
time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding
contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and
pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request
takes months not days or hours.

In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally
printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of
thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed
due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in
17 years.

These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were
then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts
were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured
then distributed U.S. Mails or .

This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8
months ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this
process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the
White House.

shane77m
10-15-2013, 08:42 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. We are dealing with a bunch of psychopaths concentrated in a relatively small geographical location.

phill4paul
10-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Seems to me that somewhere there should be a requisition form.

Mani
10-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Yes i have heard other people bring this up. How the hell did the govt so efficiently and quickly have everything shutdown and closed with proper signage everywhere within 8 hours.

Knowing our govt is not known for its speed in getting things done, unless its bombing people, it was definitely planned and well coordinated in advance.

July
10-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Well, the republicans were probably planning this confrontation on Obamacare for months, as Ted Cruz and company were holding rallies and campaigning against it all summer...this was while the whole Syria drama was going on, so I don't remember much coverage about it in the media. But the administration would have known in advance and had time to prepare to counter it with their own strategy and PR messaging ahead of time. These probably still would have been rush/emergency orders. Amazing all this time and money spent just on political theater like this.

qh4dotcom
10-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Well, the republicans were probably planning this confrontation on Obamacare for months, as Ted Cruz and company were holding rallies and campaigning against it all summer...this was while the whole Syria drama was going on, so I don't remember much coverage about it in the media. But the administration would have known in advance and had time to prepare to counter it with their own strategy and PR messaging ahead of time. These probably still would have been rush/emergency orders. Amazing all this time and money spent just on political theater like this.

and such emergency orders were fulfilled hours after the shutdown started? The signs that went overseas were created, shipped and placed hours after the shutdown began?

FindLiberty
10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Yes. It is all a trick, an illusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them, and begin to ascribe names to these shadows. According to Plato's Socrates, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-jgXL-XIQ

also see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9o4zQpSqXw

July
10-15-2013, 10:54 AM
and such emergency orders were fulfilled hours after the shutdown started? The signs that went overseas were created, shipped and placed hours after the shutdown began?

No, I'm saying that even at 6-8 months, that would be a very quick turnaround. But yeah I'm sure they were prepared. The dramatic countdown tickers on TV made it seem more spontaneous and suspenseful than it actually was.

Lucille
10-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I believe it.

CPUd
10-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Who printed the signs?

better-dead-than-fed
10-15-2013, 04:32 PM
The shutdown was orchestrated in 1789 when the Constitution gave the House the power to withhold funds.

Warmon
10-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Knowing our govt is not known for its speed in getting things done, unless its bombing people, it was definitely planned and well coordinated in advance.

You're mostly right. I've seen this on other sites as well and not everything is a conspiracy. NPS has a contingency operations plan - be it for storms, natural disasters, special events and yes, even government shutdowns. Many sites have or have access to large format printers and laminators. All large scale printing is generally done by the GPO [government printing office] or through mandatory sole source vendors with blanket purchase agreements. These larger signs were probably acquired in the week leading up to the shutdown from the GPO or were left overs from the preparations for the "fiscal cliff" of last year. All these sites in and around DC are in what's called the NCR [national capital region] and have many pooled resources. Personnel at NPS sites were given 4 hours to shut everything down on Oct 1. "Non essentials" were furloughed. "Excepted" people are there working with no pay.