PDA

View Full Version : SC Deputy Arrested For Assaulting Female Soldier in Restaurant After She Rejects His Advances

SeanTX
10-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Looks like his kidnapping attempt didn't go the way he expected it to ... :p .

http://www.wistv.com/story/23666479/off-duty-sc-deputy-charged-with-assault

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - An off-duty Richland County sheriff's deputy is in hot water after allegedly assaulting a woman, handcuffing her and slamming her head into a table at a Columbia restaurant on Monday.

Columbia police arrested 49-year-old Deputy Paul Allen Derrick at Buffalo Wild Wings on Devine Street and charged him with assault.

The incident happened just after 11 p.m.

According to a Columbia Police Department incident report, Derrick approached a female soldier from Fort Jackson who appeared to be upset. The report states the 23-year-old showed no interest in Derrick and the two started arguing.

Police say Derrick, who was not in uniform and was drinking alcohol, left the restaurant and returned with handcuffs he retrieved from his vehicle.

Several people in the business recorded the incident on their cell phones as Derrick, according to the report, tried to handcuff the female soldier. Derrick overpowered the woman, handcuffed her, pulled her to her feet, and slammed her head into a metal table, the report states.

A police officer who reviewed cell phone video of the incident reports hearing Derrick say, "This is how Marines deal with soldiers," while slamming the woman into the table.

The off-duty deputy held the soldier down until Columbia police arrived, according to the report.

Derrick told police that he had placed the woman under arrest.

SNIP

Derrick is on unpaid suspension during the investigation.

phill4paul
10-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks be to those brave souls that videotape when incidents like this occur. They are heroes.

FloralScent
10-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Looks like his kidnapping attempt didn't go the way he expected it to ... :p .

http://www.wistv.com/story/23666479/off-duty-sc-deputy-charged-with-assault

It looks like some good cops called him on his BS.

phill4paul
10-14-2013, 06:13 PM
It looks like some good cops called him on his BS.

Sounds like a pissing match between the Crips and the Bloods with a soldier caught up in the middle.

tod evans
10-14-2013, 06:16 PM
When did "men" start holding up their little phones and going "Oooo-Ooooo-Oooooo" when some drunk assaults a woman?

Is this one of those sweater-vest establishments?

Elias Graves
10-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Why didn't anyone bust his head open?

phill4paul
10-14-2013, 06:26 PM
When did "men" start holding up their little phones and going "Oooo-Ooooo-Oooooo" when some drunk assaults a woman?

Is this one of those sweater-vest establishments?

I've tracked it back to "fanny packs" but it really hit the hey day with "murses."

FloralScent
10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a pissing match between the Crips and the Bloods with a soldier caught up in the middle.

Normally that's a line they never cross.

tod evans
10-14-2013, 06:30 PM
I've tracked it back to "fanny packs" but it really hit the hey day with "murses."

I'm pretty sure the advent of SWAT teams signaled the downfall...:(

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2013, 06:31 PM
At least he didn't kill her like that cop killed that guy for saying the cop was bad at darts.

fr33
10-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Here's the video: http://www.wistv.com/story/23686918/cell-phone-video-shows-off-duty-deputy-attempt-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

FloralScent
10-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Here's the video: http://www.wistv.com/story/23686918/cell-phone-video-shows-off-duty-deputy-attempt-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

So the cops watched the video, arrested him and let her go. I knew there were still some good cops somewhere.

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2013, 07:35 PM
So the cops watched the video, arrested him and let her go. I knew there were still some good cops somewhere.

Imagine if there wasn't a video.

surf
10-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Is this one of those sweater-vest establishments?+rep, and I can't see the video (says it was removed)

that said, I may (more than likely would) have gotten my ass kicked by the looks of that guy but we'd have found out - and if that were the case i'd probably actually like someone recording it

tod evans
10-14-2013, 07:49 PM
+rep, and I can't see the video (says it was removed)

that said, I may (more than likely would) have gotten my ass kicked by the looks of that guy but we'd have found out - and if that were the case i'd probably actually like someone recording it

I'm not a big guy but I'm no stranger to barroom brawls either.

I'd jump on in a heartbeat.

FloralScent
10-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Imagine if there wasn't a video.

Usually, even if there is, there isn't. Most cops would've just confiscated the guy's camera. These cops didn't.

Dr.3D
10-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks be to those brave souls that videotape when incidents like this occur. They are heroes.
I didn't think anybody used tape anymore.

:)

HOLLYWOOD
10-14-2013, 08:18 PM
So the cops watched the video, arrested him and let her go. I knew there were still some good cops somewhere.It's the 95% that give the other 5% a bad name.

FloralScent
10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
It's the 95% that give the other 5% a bad name.

That ratio sounds about right.

devil21
10-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Why do these bad cops all look like clones of each other? Bald head, short, squat, roided up, etc.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/The_Wire_Herc.jpg

(That's a dirty cop character from fictional show The Wire)

Cleaner44
10-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Here's another article...
Deputy Paul Allen Derrick Suspended After Assault Arrest (http://www.wltx.com/news/article/252375/2/Deputy-Suspended-After-Assault-Arrest-)

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Why do these bad cops all look like clones of each other? Bald head, short, squat, roided up, etc.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/The_Wire_Herc.jpg

(That's a dirty cop character from fictional show The Wire)

This is the black version.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/The_Wire_Carver.jpg

He ended so so, but he started bad.

Origanalist
10-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Read the comments at the video. They read like they could be coming from here. (minus a few members)

edit, this one caught my attention.....:D

Stop calling this piece of filth a cop. He's nothing more than a thug with a badge. Cops no longer protect and serve. They prefer to harass, terrorize, beat up, and kill innocent citizens these days. They even get bonus' for killing family pets.

Bullies with badges. If you see a cop coming your way shoot first cause if you don't he and his buddies will sodomize just for kicks.

jdcole
10-14-2013, 10:34 PM
A police officer who reviewed cell phone video of the incident reports hearing Derrick say, "This is how Marines deal with soldiers," while slamming the woman into the table.

*sigh* I'm a prior-service Marine. It's fucking clowns like this and others (scout snipers pissing on dead muj, that fucker who tossed the puppy) who give the Corps a bad name.

Say what you will about the military - that wasn't the experience I had, and the guys I was with tended to shut clowns like this up pretty quick.

Pig shouldn't just be put on suspension while jailed - he needs to be fired. Hopefully the incident will follow him for the rest of his life, so he won't be able to weasel his way into another department or even get private security work.

devil21
10-15-2013, 01:43 AM
I wonder if there are any female rape victims taken "into custody" in that area by this guy but were scared to say anything? It has happened before.

If he gets an easy bond then I'll know the case is already rigged.

VIDEODROME
10-15-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm not sure what I would do.

I'm not that tough, but I might consider smashing a bar stool over his head.

asshole

phill4paul
10-15-2013, 08:26 AM
I didn't think anybody used tape anymore.

:)

Hush, you. :p

SeanTX
10-15-2013, 02:01 PM
FIRED -- for now at least . He should be facing jail time too, for assault, false imprisonment, attempted kidnapping, etc, but that's not likely.

http://www.wistv.com/story/23698228/deputy-fired-after-trying-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -

The Richland County Sheriff's deputy caught attempting to arrest a Fort Jackson soldier after allegedly getting into an argument with her at a Columbia restaurant last week has been fired.

Cell phone video shows off-duty deputy attempt to arrest soldier at bar

Deputy Paul Allen Derrick is no longer with the Sheriff's Department after the incident at Buffalo Wild Wings on Devine Street back on Oct. 7.

Derrick was initially placed on leave without pay

The decision comes after Sheriff Leon Lott discussed the incident with Interim Columbia Chief Ruben Santiago and Fifth Circuit Solicitor Dan Johnson.

SNIP

green73
10-15-2013, 06:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQ0ciaSPAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQ0ciaSPAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myk_QwnbyfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myk_QwnbyfI

Natural Citizen
10-15-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure what I would do.

I'm not that tough, but I might consider smashing a bar stool over his head.

asshole

Getting irritated by so many videos like this. This one is obviously not anything that occured under "official" circumsatances and I have to admit that being a customer in a situation like that where you actually see it taking place the way that it did would maybe force me to step in on something like that. Now, I'm a pretty big feller and frankly am scared to death to put my hands on a human as it is but maybe make an exception here.

Getting old, people. Quickly.

Elias Graves
10-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Fucking pig

Anti Federalist
10-15-2013, 08:40 PM
http://suzrocks.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/pigs_breeding.jpeg

Christian Liberty
10-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I wonder if there are any female rape victims taken "into custody" in that area by this guy but were scared to say anything? It has happened before.

If he gets an easy bond then I'll know the case is already rigged.

To be clear, I'm very glad the deputy got arrested.

But the bottom line is the only reason it happened is because one "hero" attacked another. While my respect for the soldier would be infinitely higher in this particular case, I still think it would have been different if the cop had attacked a mundane.

bolil
10-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Consider this a sacrifice to quell the mundanes' rage.
Bacon is best when cooked.

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 01:53 AM
Why didn't anyone bust his head open?

That might be the kind of thing that will get your whole family visited by a wrong-house no-knock trigger-happy SWAT raid.

I'm pretty shocked he was actually arrested and given unpaid suspension for this. Usually it's a paid vacation...but I guess soldier victims get special consideration. It's noteworthy that they didn't actually fire him though, when virtually any private employer would have instafired the hell out of someone like that.

Elias Graves
10-16-2013, 04:30 AM
That might be the kind of thing that will get your whole family visited by a wrong-house no-knock trigger-happy SWAT raid.

I'm pretty shocked he was actually arrested and given unpaid suspension for this. Usually it's a paid vacation...but I guess soldier victims get special consideration. It's noteworthy that they didn't actually fire him though, when virtually any private employer would have instafired the hell out of someone like that.
Yeah. After watching the video, he's calling himself a cop and saying she's under arrest and all. Most of us don't interfere when a cop is doing their job. They do have a license to kill, after all.

tod evans
10-16-2013, 05:13 AM
Yeah. After watching the video, he's calling himself a cop and saying she's under arrest and all. Most of us don't interfere when a cop is doing their job. They do have a license to kill, after all.

The bars I used to frequent cops came in a mob dressed in riot gear or undercover.

I'm thinking this was more of a family restaurant than a bar..

Mini-Me
10-16-2013, 05:50 AM
The bars I used to frequent cops came in a mob dressed in riot gear or undercover.

I'm thinking this was more of a family restaurant than a bar..

It was a Buffalo Wild Wings, which is a sports bar/restaurant chain. You can find better wings elsewhere, but their parmesan garlic sauce is pretty delicious. I guess it's better to get carry-out and pass on the cop beatings.

Christian Liberty
10-16-2013, 10:51 AM

If anyone had a concealed carry, that is what its for. Defense of another person is the most praiseworthy reason to use violence.

jllundqu
10-16-2013, 11:50 AM
*sigh* I'm a prior-service Marine. It's fucking clowns like this and others (scout snipers pissing on dead muj, that fucker who tossed the puppy) who give the Corps a bad name.

Say what you will about the military - that wasn't the experience I had, and the guys I was with tended to shut clowns like this up pretty quick.

Pig shouldn't just be put on suspension while jailed - he needs to be fired. Hopefully the incident will follow him for the rest of his life, so he won't be able to weasel his way into another department or even get private security work.

Fired doesn't quite cut it.... If an average Joe tried to cuff up a woman and slammed her into a table with no legal justification = attempted kidnapping and assault. See you in 5-7 years you POS dirty ex-cop!

Red Green
10-16-2013, 12:14 PM
I think you guys are going pretty hard on this brave officer who has a long history of helping out the community and tending to women in distress. Sure, to some people handcuffing a woman and slamming her head into a metal table is kidnapping and assault, but to him it's foreplay. You guys just gotta loosen up a bit.

Elias Graves
10-16-2013, 12:28 PM
lol

Christian Liberty
10-16-2013, 12:37 PM
lol

devil21
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Sheriff apologized. Says he can't hang the deputy in the town square....even though that would solve the problem.

http://www.wistv.com/story/23711728/sheriff-im-here-standing-saying-im-sorry-about-ex-deputys-actions-at-sports-bar

devil21
10-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Update here. Deputy's case being moved to a different court. I sure hope they're not trying to make it disappear.

http://www.wistv.com/story/23842703/assault-case-for-ex-deputy-who-tried-to-arrest-soldier-at-bar-moved-to-different-court

SeanTX
11-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Update here. Deputy's case being moved to a different court. I sure hope they're not trying to make it disappear.

I just noticed they are pulling similar shenanigans with the trial in the Kelly Thomas case. It was supposed to have started in a couple of weeks, but now they are moving it to December. Then in December there will be yet another delay ... on and on. I think this thing was supposed to have started over a year ago. Funny though, when a mundane kills a cop they are usually on trial within six months.

tod evans
11-01-2013, 06:06 AM
Justice cannot be achieved within the "Just-Us" system...

qh4dotcom
11-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Ummm...if you all hadn't invaded a foreign country that posed no threat to the US.....there wouldn't have been incidents like that. You all violated your oath, you all went there asking for trouble.

tod evans
11-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Ummm...if you all hadn't invaded a foreign country that posed no threat to the US.....there wouldn't have been incidents like that. You all violated your oath, you all went there asking for trouble.

Never been in the service eh?

qh4dotcom
11-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Never been in the service eh?

Nope, the last thing I would do is allow myself to get separated from my family in order to do Obama's dirty work.

The militaries of most countries are smarter...they don't invade foreign countries. Costa Rica even got rid of their military 65 years ago.

tod evans
11-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Nope, the last thing I would do is allow myself to get separated from my family in order to do Obama's dirty work.

The militaries of most countries are smarter...they don't invade foreign countries. Costa Rica even got rid of their military 65 years ago.

If a person signs a contract with a branch of the service he agrees to place himself under the UCMJ, this hooey about "violating your oath" just screams of ignorance.

"Militaries" only react to politicians orders, individual soldiers are not consulted, nor is insurrection tolerated.

I know of no veterans personally who advocate what the political class has our military involved in, and I know more than a few.

Unlike a cop who can walk off the job if he's asked to do something he finds unconscionable a soldier must perform the act or be imprisoned.

There's a reason the majority of "enlistees" do not re-up....

qh4dotcom
11-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Unlike a cop who can walk off the job if he's asked to do something he finds unconscionable a soldier must perform the act or be imprisoned.

I would rather go a year to jail than a year to the Afghanistan hellhole.....jail is air-conditioned and no one will try to kill you there....you won't be doing Obama's dirty work there either and your family can visit you there.. You will not come out of jail in a coffin or missing arms or legs....and if you get a good lawyer you don't even have to go to jail.

libertariantexas
11-02-2013, 05:49 AM
I would rather go a year to jail than a year to the Afghanistan hellhole.....jail is air-conditioned and no one will try to kill you there....you won't be doing Obama's dirty work there either and your family can visit you there.. You will not come out of jail in a coffin or missing arms or legs....and if you get a good lawyer you don't even have to go to jail.

It's easy for you to sit there safely behind your keyboard and talk tough about something you clearly don't understand. There are plenty of keyboard warriors in the world, few of them back up their words.

A military deserter from Afghanistan (or whatever) would probably serve a lot more than a year in a MILITARY prison (he'd probably have a number of other UCMJ violations tacked on), probably Leavenworth. For those who don't know, military prisons are far worse than their civilian counterparts- no lifting weights and watching TV or "club Fed" crap.

On top of that, you'd lose rank and pay and be given a dishonorable discharge, which would haunt you for the rest of your life. It would prevent you from getting a decent job, prevent you getting a security clearance, prevent you from collecting benefits (including retirement benefits if you had the time in service), and a wide variety of other negative impacts.

Military desertion ain't like failing to show up for the morning shift at your McDonald's job, folks.

The other poster was right. It isn't up to the individual Army private to take futile and symbolic action to try and change government policy. That will simply lead to that soldier screwing himself over FOR LIFE. It's up to the nation as a whole to elect competent political leaders, who should then set good foreign policy. If you don't like US foreign policy, don't blame 18-year old PFC Snuffy and expect him to bear the brunt of fixing our nations ills, blame the President, Congress, and the people who elect them.

jdcole
11-02-2013, 08:32 AM

I had received this as a PM - I guess I had thread notifications turned on. I'll share my response from that PM below:

That's interesting. I haven't voted since 2004 (refused to vote in 2008, and in 2012). While I was in service I never once deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan while in the military. I don't know who this "you all" is, but I also don't buy into collectivism. And, since you don't seem too hot on the reading-comprehension front, let me break it down Barney-style - "prior-service" means I am no longer in the Corps. I haven't been since 2011. I actively campaigned for Dr. Paul in his 2012 nomination bid, and then for Gary Johnson afterwards.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you don't fucking know me, what I have experienced in my life, and neither can you predict what I would or would not do in any given situation. You CAN kindly go fuck yourself, though.

I think that you and I can get along, you just gotta deal with that plank in your eye first.

-----------------

Afterwards, he apologized. I hadn't realized that this was in the original thread, so I just wanted to share my response.

qh4dotcom
11-03-2013, 09:06 AM
It's up to the nation as a whole to elect competent political leaders, who should then set good foreign policy. If you don't like US foreign policy, don't blame 18-year old PFC Snuffy and expect him to bear the brunt of fixing our nations ills, blame the President, Congress, and the people who elect them.

You forgot that the overwhelming majority of the military votes for corrupt pro-war politicians.....so according to you we can blame the military who vote to elect them as well.

devil21
01-22-2014, 02:02 PM
This case, according to SC court system, has been listed as "pending" since 11-8-13 without any further updates. No "next court date" is listed so it's just floating around in "pending" status.

Christian Liberty
01-22-2014, 02:04 PM

Not to defend any of this, but I consider soldiers to be part of the gang as well.

Christian Liberty
01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
If a person signs a contract with a branch of the service he agrees to place himself under the UCMJ, this hooey about "violating your oath" just screams of ignorance.

"Militaries" only react to politicians orders, individual soldiers are not consulted, nor is insurrection tolerated.

I know of no veterans personally who advocate what the political class has our military involved in, and I know more than a few.

Getting why people do bad things and condoning them are two different things.

Pericles
01-22-2014, 03:09 PM
You forgot that the overwhelming majority of the military votes for corrupt pro-war politicians.....so according to you we can blame the military who vote to elect them as well.

Like that Ron Paul guy?

qh4dotcom
01-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Like that Ron Paul guy?

Was Ron Paul a corrupt pro-war politician?

juleswin
01-23-2014, 10:23 AM

I think he would have gotten away with it if he didn't have so much going against him. The biggest of which is not being in uniform, adding to that, he was likely drunk or been drinking, he attacked a military hero who was a woman and the whole thing was caught on tape. Take away one or two missteps and he will still be on the street protecting the hell out of the poor citizens who are being forced to pay his salary.

juleswin
01-23-2014, 10:28 AM
What a horrible thing to do to another human. One advice I want to give to every woman on this forum, if you feel a man is attacking you without you having done anything to them. Scream at the top of your lungs for help and I promise you, the men in the room will spring up to your aid. I cannot thinks of any two grown men who I think will sit idly by while some man abuses and innocent woman. It is just like a baby crying for a woman, you just have to do something drastic when you hear it and nobody is attending to it.

libertariantexas
01-26-2014, 02:24 AM

The military make up a fraction of a percent of the American populace. They aren't calling the shots at the ballot box.

Yes, they are just as easily misled as the population as a whole, but not more so.

So rather than attacking them, why not try something more intelligent, like educating them?

qh4dotcom
01-29-2014, 09:33 PM
The military make up a fraction of a percent of the American populace. They aren't calling the shots at the ballot box.

Yes, they are just as easily misled as the population as a whole, but not more so.

So rather than attacking them, why not try something more intelligent, like educating them?

Ummm....so because they make up a fraction of the electorate are you suggesting they should not be held accountable for their actions and should be given a free pass for supporting corrupt politicians?

The civilians did not take an oath to defend the Constitution, the military did....therefore they should be held to a higher standard...please let me know how the military is defending the Constitution at the ballot box by helping elect corrupt politicians who violate it every day they are in office.

Do these members of the military deserve a free pass?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/s720x720/644023_499154810094877_1056682539_n.jpg

devil21
02-28-2014, 07:46 PM
update on this case:

The criminal case is still listed as pending without any updates since it was originally filed. HOWEVER, a civil lawsuit has been filed by the girl against the deputy, Buffalo Wild Wings, and the Sheriff's Dept and is currently listed as being in "ADR" (Alternative Dispute Resolution). Looks to me like she will get a hefty settlement payoff and the criminal charges against jerkoff deputy will be dropped once the payoff is resolved.

unknown
03-01-2014, 01:12 AM
update on this case:

The criminal case is still listed as pending without any updates since it was originally filed. HOWEVER, a civil lawsuit has been filed by the girl against the deputy, Buffalo Wild Wings, and the Sheriff's Dept and is currently listed as being in "ADR" (Alternative Dispute Resolution). Looks to me like she will get a hefty settlement payoff and the criminal charges against jerkoff deputy will be dropped once the payoff is resolved.

Not sure why shes suing Buffalo Wild Wings.

I recall seeing this video when it first happened.

How does one describe whats going on here, a demonic POS torturing someone simply because he thinks he can?

Weston White
03-01-2014, 02:08 AM
The fact is, or that it used to be, military personnel are kept in the dark and left ignorant of that facts (I am sure things are quite different now with advancements in wireless communications and Internet accessibility—although even those can still be kept restricted while deployed by their commanders).

For example, just prior to discharging (honorably), I had participated in Operation Desert Fox in 98’ and throughout all of that time (the record states only 4-days, but most of our fleet was stationed there for just around 6-months, meanwhile doing absolutely nothing, save for those several days of missile strikes and otherwise defensively standing by) had no idea that it was really just a ploy intended to distract the media and public from Bill Clinton’s Monica Lewinsky hearings. I had only discovered that truth on my own about two-years later. So that effectively twisted what I thought, at least at the time, was having accomplished something positive into a mere cheap, wasteful, meaningless, worthless, unfulfilling event in my life.

I loathe the entire Clinton bloodline.

compromise
03-01-2014, 02:50 AM
We need to pass the Rand Paul-backed Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013

devil21
05-17-2014, 05:53 PM
case update:

Girl's lawsuit has been moved to Federal District Court. Cop's assault charge is still pending. Now the list of defendants is the deputy, the sheriff himself, the sheriff's office, buffalo wild wings and recently added is the County of Richland (taxpayers).

phill4paul
04-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Update: Ex-deputy pleads guilty to assaulting female soldier at bar during attempted arrest

A former Richland County deputy has been given credit for time served after pleading guilty to third-degree assault charges stemming from a 2013 incident that turned violent when he decided to handcuff a Fort Jackson soldier at a Columbia area sports bar.

On October 7 at Buffalo Wild Wings on Devine Street, Derrick, 49, approached 23-year-old Brittany Ball, a female soldier at Fort Jackson, in an apparent attempt to calm her down after she became emotional.

Paul Derrick appeared in court Wednesday to answer to the charge. As part of his sentence, he is not to have contact with the victim and not go to Buffalo Wild Wings. The judge gave him credit for the eight days in jail that he's already served with no additional incarceration. The charge carried a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail and a $1000 fine.

http://www.wistv.com/story/28615305/ex-deputy-pleads-guilty-to-assaulting-female-soldier-at-bar-during-attempted-arrest

Christopher A. Brown
04-22-2015, 08:46 PM

Pass this on to your friends who are, or were soldiers.

http://algoxy.com/ows/soldiersinquiry.html

It is an absolutely legal way for a soldier to question command to assure they are a lawful military authority.

I've learned that soldiers fear command more than they love the constitution. I believe this is due to psychological abuse and is something that has become a part of the military since the civil war.

It should end, and the wars of conquest for the empire should end with it. I believe there are civilians that would support this dynamically with funding and protests saying things the soldiers should not.

If a few hundred at a single base were to each individually file simultaneously, it would be a very media worthy event. It could cause a chain reaction in the military because I know many in the services are not pleased with what they are ultimately doing.

devil21
04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the update. I hadn't checked on the case in a while. VERY surprised he had to plead guilty but I guess not too surprising with all the police stuff in the media. I wonder the status of her federal lawsuit but won't pay the Feds just to look it up on PACER.

I've learned that soldiers fear command more than they love the constitution. I believe this is due to psychological abuse and is something that has become a part of the military since the civil war.

Basic training is a slimmed down cliff notes version of MK-ULTRA.

Christopher A. Brown
04-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Basic training is a slimmed down cliff notes version of MK-ULTRA.

Yea, I figured as much from my discussions with vets about the "soldiers inquiry". Out of the military for 30 years and still afraid of command or those who enforce commands will.

I really object to this. Too many friends with mental problems from it.

pacodever
04-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Ummm....so because they make up a fraction of the electorate are you suggesting they should not be held accountable for their actions and should be given a free pass for supporting corrupt politicians?

The civilians did not take an oath to defend the Constitution, the military did....therefore they should be held to a higher standard...please let me know how the military is defending the Constitution at the ballot box by helping elect corrupt politicians who violate it every day they are in office.

Do these members of the military deserve a free pass?

I just think everyone should know how full of shit you are:

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is, by far, getting more military campaign contributions than anyone else in the 2012 field. 2/9/12
http://archive.armytimes.com/article/20120209/NEWS/202090331/Ron-Paul-gets-most-military-donations

This year, Paul has 10 times the individual donations — totaling $113,739 — from the military as does Mitt Romney. And he has a hundred times more than Newt Gingrich, who sat out the Vietnam War with college deferments and now promises he would strike foes at the slightest provocation.

What seems, at first blush, counterintuitive makes more sense upon further review. There’s a long tradition of military people being attracted to politicians with Paul’s strict interpretation of the Constitution.

Not even a full 1 percent of Americans are active-duty military. The troops have become props for politicians who shower them with fulsome praise, while dreaming up schemes to send them into harm’s way.

Yet, these soldiers, sailors, air men and women, and assorted boots on the ground know the cost — in trauma, in lives ruined, in friends lost, in good intentions gone bad — of going to war far more than the 99 percent not currently serving. Where they put their money in a campaign, paltry though it may be in comparison to the corporate lords who control a majority of our politicians, says a great deal.

12/22/11
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/soldiers-choice/?_r=0

The 2012 trend in military donations to presidential candidates mirrors 2008. Early on in the race, both Paul and Obama led Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and other pro-war candidates in campaign contributions from U.S. servicemembers and by the time the Texas congressman exited the race, Obama maintained his lead in military donations over McCain. 4/25/12
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/04/25/470851/military-donations-obama-paul-march/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4072&stc=1

devil21
04-23-2015, 01:54 AM
Well alrighty then.

GunnyFreedom
04-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Update: Ex-deputy pleads guilty to assaulting female soldier at bar during attempted arrest

http://www.wistv.com/story/28615305/ex-deputy-pleads-guilty-to-assaulting-female-soldier-at-bar-during-attempted-arrest

You or I plead guilty to brandishing a firearm, assaulting a woman, unlawfully taking her prisoner and attempting to drag her off, and we too will of course get off with time served. After all, we do live in a republican form of government.

tod evans
04-23-2015, 05:11 AM
You or I plead guilty to brandishing a firearm, assaulting a woman, unlawfully taking her prisoner and attempting to drag her off, and we too will of course get off with time served. After all, we do live in a republican form of government.

Just another reason to eviscerate all DA's on the public square.......:mad: