PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Kucinich have similar view on the Fed?

jon_perez
06-25-2007, 08:36 AM
From "It's Official: The Crash of the U.S. Economy Has Begun" by Richard cook

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5964

"Every candidate except Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich treats the Federal Reserve like the fifth graven image on Mount Rushmore."

If Ron Paul is not alone on this issue, then it gives it more legitimacy... esp. if the other guy is a Democrat.

austinphish
06-25-2007, 09:37 AM
I know this is going to draw some heated comments, but if I had to bet on who Dr. Paul announces as his running mate, I would have to say Dennis Kucinich. He is the only guy Dr. Paul mentions as a "friend" in the house.

I am for it, as long as Kucinich starts carrying his own weight in the campaign.

BuddyRey
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I know this is going to draw some heated comments, but if I had to bet on who Dr. Paul announces as his running mate, I would have to say Dennis Kucinich. He is the only guy Dr. Paul mentions as a "friend" in the house.

I am for it, as long as Kucinich starts carrying his own weight in the campaign.

That would be terrific! Dennis Kucinich is, in my opinion, a pretty good guy, even though I disagree with his gun control policies. I'd love to see the MSM reactions when that bipartisan ticket is announced!

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Um, no. Not even a member of Dr. Paul's Liberty Caucus.

MGS
06-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Paul and Kucinich have little in common besides foreign policy.

Shink
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Actually, I believe I read that he was friends with Chuck Hagel, if I'm not mistaken.

winston84
06-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Can someone tell me what are the differences between Kucinich and Gravel? They seem to be getting similar coverage from alternative news sources.

austinphish
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Um, yes. When Dr. Paul is asked who he considers a friend in congress, the ONLY name he has explicitly stated is Kucinich.

Sorry it is true.

ThePieSwindler
06-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Um, yes. When Dr. Paul is asked who he considers a friend in congress, the ONLY name he has explicitly stated is Kucinich.

Sorry it is true.

They are good friends, and Kucinich is a good guy, but hes just mistaken on many issues, i believe.

austinphish
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Actually, I believe I read that he was friends with Chuck Hagel, if I'm not mistaken.

Where and when did he say Hagel? Paul brought up his friendship with Kucinich at least twice in a recent NPR interview.

mjt
06-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi ! New to the forum Had to give my two cents on Dennis Kucinich. I grew up in Cleveland during his term as mayor. During his term, the city of Cleveland became the first city since the Depression to go into default. He was an awful mayor and a poor Congressman. He now represents the 10th District, basically the west side of Cleveland. If you ever visit the area you can see the fruits of his and the other Representatives labor,i.e. Cleveland is the most impoverished large city in the US....again.

I have meet him a few times and he is a very nice man(even had a beer with him at the Irish American Club) and very well meaning. But he isn't about small government. The vast majority of his cures for our ills have to do with increasing government. Absolute polar opposite of what Ron Paul is about.

Kucinich would do a great service to people if he worked in the private sector in a charity organization.