PDA

View Full Version : Teen shot & killed by Fayetteville, NC cop

Snew
10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
http://www.wral.com/police-officer-involved-in-shooting-in-fayetteville/12991795/

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A Fayetteville police officer responding to a domestic disturbance call early Sunday evening shot and killed a 16-year-old who allegedly displayed a handgun during a confrontation with the officer, the city's police chief said.
Chief Harold Medlock told reporters late Sunday night that Officer Christopher Hunt was trying to take a woman into custody shortly after 6 p.m. when the teenager, Shaqur McNair, refused to obey Hunt's commands to back away from him.
"The young man pulled his shirt up with his left hand. There was a handgun in the waistband," Medlock said. "The young man began to draw that handgun out, and Officer Hunt fired at least three rounds."

tod evans
10-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Contempt of cop....................Guilty!

Pew......pew.........pew!

jkr
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
ITS
DUH
CHILDRENZ

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2013, 10:07 AM
So the cop is ok, right?

asurfaholic
10-14-2013, 10:10 AM
If everything in the article is true, I would call this justified. The woman's arrest not being a lawful arrest would be the thing that would change that, maybe the kid was protecting against a kidnapping.

But really either way, if you are telling somebody something, and they respond by pulling a gun- that's going to be hard to claim that it wasnt justified.

Ender
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
If everything in the article is true, I would call this justified. The woman's arrest not being a lawful arrest would be the thing that would change that, maybe the kid was protecting against a kidnapping.

But really either way, if you are telling somebody something, and they respond by pulling a gun- that's going to be hard to claim that it wasnt justified.

THREE shots? Why don't cops learn how to disarm or injure, instead of kill?

Smart3
10-14-2013, 11:14 AM
In the cop's defense, this is standard operating procedure. If you call this a crime, then you'd have to lock up just about every cop who has ever fired his weapon without being fired on first. (which I imagine is at least 5% of all cops)

tod evans
10-14-2013, 11:21 AM
You'll not hear me saying it's okay for cops to shoot 16 y/o kids.

If there's no video then the cop's lying anyway.

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2013, 11:26 AM

Ima put this here, change that there, ima leave that there.

if a mundane is telling a cop something, and he respond by pulling a gun- that's going to be easy to claim that it was justified.

Haha, cus in most cases it's true.

Contempt of cop.