PDA

View Full Version : "Explosion"........My a%#^!

tod evans
10-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Plastic soda bottles going "pop" is now called an explosion...

And Boobus sucks it up.

Dry ice explosion causes alarm at Los Angeles Airport

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/14/dry-ice-explosion-causes-alarm-at-los-angeles-airport/?intcmp=latestnews

The FBI is investigating a dry ice explosion in a restroom at Los Angeles International Airport Sunday evening.

The explosion took place at approximately 7 p.m. local time Sunday in a restroom in the airport's Terminal 2, which is serviced by a number of international airlines, including Air Canada, Air France, Alitalia, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic.

An FBI spokeswoman told the Associated Press that the explosion took place in an employees-only bathroom that was not accessible to the public.

NBC Los Angeles reported that a plastic bottle that had contained the dry ice was discovered by an airport employee who had heard the explosion on the tarmac and gone to investigate.

Flights into and out of the terminal were grounded for approximately 90 minutes before the all-clear was given and normal operations resumed. No injuries were reported.

The Associated Press, citing airport police, reported that at least four flights were delayed as a result of the incident, which caused security screening to be halted.

This is not the first time that a dry ice explosion has occurred at a Southern California landmark. Earlier this year a Disneyland employee was arrested and accused of placing a similar object inside a trashcan at the famous amusement park.

malkusm
10-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Upon seeing the thread title, I was very concerned that this was going to involve a bodily function of some kind.

Origanalist
10-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Great headline Tod.

No injuries were reported.
:rolleyes:

cajuncocoa
10-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Flights into and out of the terminal were grounded for approximately 90 minutes before the all-clear was given and normal operations resumed. No injuries were reported. can we stop singing "...land of the free and the home of the brave" now? We are neither.

FindLiberty
10-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Decades ago (before the paranoid police state descended upon 'merika), 2L soda bottles were a lot of fun to "pop"... A BB gun could even be used to help along the sluggish ones... That kind of dry ice experiment/fun would always take place in an open area away from people, things and buildings. No damage to property, very little risk of injury...

Too bad this kind of fun (OK, it's still potentially dangerous fun) is now considered a terror crime. Come on, no fire, not even caustic chemicals.

But apparently, in this case (now or even 25 years ago), bringing one of those things indoors, into an airport or into school unsupervised AND DELIBERATELY PLANTING IT TO DISRUPT SCARE OR CAUSE HARM is way out of line and IMO, those idiots should be punished and then watched for other signs of F'n crazy...That incident sounds far worse that just some poor judgment. The other idiots were the ones at the airport that over-reacted to the "pop".

chudrockz
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Upon seeing the thread title, I was very concerned that this was going to involve a bodily function of some kind.

Thanks for that. Now my coworkers up in the breakroom think I've lost it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-14-2013, 08:32 AM
KA-BOOM! you sissy Americans.

tod evans
10-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks for that. Now my coworkers up in the breakroom think I've lost it.

If ya' ever find "it" let me know, okay?

I lost it years ago.

JK/SEA
10-14-2013, 08:43 AM
a tutorial video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ywwy__pxo

FindLiberty
10-14-2013, 02:57 PM
REPORTED

Elias Graves
10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Is the officer ok?

Occam's Banana
10-14-2013, 03:24 PM

But it does involve such a function. Specifically, government flunkies - and their flunkies in the media - are crapping all over us ...