PDA

View Full Version : 1 in 5 gets SSI

tod evans
10-14-2013, 05:55 AM
This article wasn't worth copying so I've only included the parts where they give numbers relevant to SSI.

If a person adds in the segment of society that sucks the federal tit for a "job" it's gotta be way more than half the population!

No wonder we've got problems......

Social Security benefit increase could be among lowest in decades

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/14/social-security-benefit-increase-could-be-among-lowest-in-decades/?intcmp=latestnews

More than a fifth of the country is waiting.

Nearly 58 million retirees, disabled workers, spouses and children get Social Security benefits. The average monthly payment is $1,162. A 1.5 percent raise would increase the typical monthly payment by about $17.

The COLA also affects benefits for more than 3 million disabled veterans, about 2.5 million federal retirees and their survivors and more than 8 million people who get Supplemental Security Income, the disability program for the poor.

specsaregood
10-14-2013, 06:31 AM
//

Origanalist
10-14-2013, 06:44 AM
If a person adds in the segment of society that sucks the federal tit for a "job" it's gotta be way more than half the population!

I'm fairly certain over half of the population is directly impacted by government money in one way or another. It's not by accident.

tod evans
10-14-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm fairly certain over half of the population is directly impacted by government money in one way or another. It's not by accident.

It's past time to rip off the bandaid and let that wound start healing.

Origanalist
10-14-2013, 06:59 AM

As in don't pull slowly. Get er done.

better-dead-than-fed
10-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Yes, It Is a Ponzi Scheme...

In 1950,... there were 16 workers supporting every retiree. Today, there are just over three. By around 2030, we will be down to just two.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/275908/yes-it-ponzi-scheme-michael-tanner

tod evans
10-14-2013, 09:13 AM
In 1950,... there were 16 workers supporting every retiree. Today, there are just over three. By around 2030, we will be down to just two.

Of those two one is a government employee..

better-dead-than-fed
10-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Of those two one is a government employee..

SSI is a scourge. I'd go on, but you and Origanalist already said everything that needs to be said.

heavenlyboy34
10-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Big Brother loves us all.

Occam's Banana
10-14-2013, 02:50 PM

More like ripping off a leech-like parasite - one that's going to take a big, bloody hunk of flesh with it.

There ain't no way out of this that ain't gonna hurt like hell ...