PDA

View Full Version : Need to Break My Apathy to it all

mysticgeek
10-14-2013, 02:54 AM
After it was all said and done, I need a cure for my apathy. It's like the government is so corrupt and painful to follow anymore. Nothing is shocking anymore. What I hear and read about...it just doesn't phase me anymore. I used to get up in arms and try to shout out, but it's all for not.

I need to relight my Liberty candle and start getting excited again. But for who? The republican neo-cons totally hijacked the Liberty movement calling themselves "tea party" well we had Michelle Bachman run here as a "tea party" candidate and she was spewing the same speak of Romney.

Sigh...what can a guy do to light that spark and get fired up again?

mt4rp
10-14-2013, 05:44 AM
mysticgeek you asked : But for who?
How about "None of the Above"? as in No longer Consenting,

Icymudpuppy
10-14-2013, 07:13 AM
I feel you, Mystic. I'm in the same kind of situation. I'm at the point where I am sure that political solutions are not viable, but it is too soon yet for ... [mod edit]

I'm waiting.

erowe1
10-14-2013, 07:57 AM
You've come to see how futile it is to fight against the state in its own game. The cure to your apathy isn't to bury yourself back in the same delusion you used to have. It's to follow this awareness to where it really leads, to understand what God has revealed to us about the rulers of this world and where victory over them lies.

However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Corinthians 2:6-10

satchelmcqueen
10-14-2013, 08:06 AM
i feel the same here man! . if i was rich id move and never look back, but for my 3 kids i try to continue. they will face the worst part after im dead. i have not an answer for you.

JK/SEA
10-14-2013, 08:35 AM
After it was all said and done, I need a cure for my apathy. It's like the government is so corrupt and painful to follow anymore. Nothing is shocking anymore. What I hear and read about...it just doesn't phase me anymore. I used to get up in arms and try to shout out, but it's all for not.

I need to relight my Liberty candle and start getting excited again. But for who? The republican neo-cons totally hijacked the Liberty movement calling themselves "tea party" well we had Michelle Bachman run here as a "tea party" candidate and she was spewing the same speak of Romney.

easy...get up off your knees, come up with a left right combo to the jaw, and when that bastard is on HIS KNEES kick em in the face.

any questions?

Athan
10-14-2013, 10:04 AM

Simple. Focus with some like minded friends about providing for your own security and personal independence. That's what I do. I love it. Don't even care what the gov does, because it no longer effects me in a way I feel concerned aobut.

Suzu
10-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Do you have a broadband internet connection? If so, watch some of the videos at the Storm Clouds Gathering channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/StormCloudsGathering/videos). Here's a good one to start with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zq4f6WYmHU

osan
10-14-2013, 03:51 PM

Choose.

Bryan
10-14-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428849-Things-are-Proceeding-Splendidly

satchelmcqueen
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
i kind of have an answer but it doesnt solve the issue. just do like me and re-watch all the old ron paul debates and the tree of liberty doc. it helps me feel good when i do that for a bit.

Cabal
10-15-2013, 10:08 PM
But for who? The republican neo-cons totally hijacked the Liberty movement calling themselves "tea party" well we had Michelle Bachman run here as a "tea party" candidate and she was spewing the same speak of Romney.

I'd suggest you might try not looking to the State and its empty suits for answers--what you're looking for isn't there.

kcchiefs6465
10-15-2013, 11:09 PM

Find peace in the enlightening of yourself; Educate those who can be. There isn't much that can be done. I'm sure we all go through phases where the wickedness and corruption evidenced is overwhelming but I believe when I tell you that education is the cure. The people ultimately hold the power. If enough wake up, things will change.

I don't find myself too apathetic anymore unless I watch the MSM or read comments on news articles. I avoid all of that nonsense. For one it is most probably government bots reinforcing a government narrative considering the decades (not to mention billions) spent studying the nature of human psychology and group think, and the ways to best corral a populace into submission and docility. Get away from it. Reading and expanding my understanding of the world and why it is the way it is have found me peace some only dream of.

That and nature. Feed the fish, smoke a bowl.. life goes on.