PDA

View Full Version : How Popular is Rand on this forum?

ghengisconrad
10-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Or should I say, how popular is this forum on Rand?

Lindsey
10-13-2013, 08:17 AM
I usually surf by using the Top News and New post links - that puts me in the Rand forum several times/week

Origanalist
10-13-2013, 08:19 AM
"Only to Troll un-pure liberty sell-outs"

lol

cajuncocoa
10-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I don't use the forum that way...I search for ALL new posts by clicking "new posts". Then I look for topic titles that interest me.

kathy88
10-13-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't use the forum that way...I search for ALL new posts by clicking "new posts". Then I look for topic titles that interest me.
Yup.

eduardo89
10-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I usually go to RandPaulsForums.com first and then click on new posts once I'm done catching up on the greatest man in America.

FSP-Rebel
10-13-2013, 09:36 AM
I stop by Rand's first to see what he's up to and tweet out relevant topics. Then I proceed to other popular areas but rarely stop by the miscellaneous sections. For some reason, I've never clicked on all new posts.

cajuncocoa
10-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I stop by Rand's first to see what he's up to and tweet out relevant topics. Then I proceed to other popular areas but rarely stop by the miscellaneous sections. For some reason, I've never clicked on all new posts.
You should start! You could be missing some interesting stuff by overlooking that! :)

muzzled dogg
10-13-2013, 10:53 AM

yup

Uriah
10-13-2013, 11:30 AM

Same.

fr33
10-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Un-pure! Un-pureeeeee!!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/vgriv5.jpg

whoisjohngalt
10-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I type in randpaulforums.com into the url prompt or rather I start typing it and let it autofill. I probably do this 10-15 times a day. 1 or 2 times a day, I'll click on Top News and see what is going on outside of Rand.

erowe1
10-13-2013, 03:15 PM
I almost always go right to new posts and hardly ever know what forum I'm even in.

I like Rand though.

Dr.3D
10-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Same here.
If I did it any other way, I might miss something.

Bastiat's The Law
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
I got a better question; how popular is this forum? I mean are we growing at all?

anaconda
10-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Rand rules. I believe that I know what he believes in. Just listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYs4cNVKqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ft0bv9XYg

RonPaulFanInGA
10-13-2013, 05:51 PM
I got a better question; how popular is this forum? I mean are we growing at all?

I doubt the forum has grown in the past year. Political websites always do best during presidential election years.

Bastiat's The Law
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't think many people browse by forums, they browse new posts.

Tod
10-13-2013, 06:08 PM
I never check individual forums, just "new posts"

politics
10-13-2013, 07:17 PM
My approach:
New Posts, and after that, the only forum that I specific always go is Foreign Policy.
Usually in New Posts or in the front page I find what Rand is talking that day.

specsaregood
10-13-2013, 08:18 PM

Looks like we are averaging between 3-5 new members per day.
Reference: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=joindate&pp=200

Bastiat's The Law
10-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Reference: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=joindate&pp=200

We probably have quite a few lurkers as well.

whoisjohngalt
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM

How many are we losing though? How many people create an account and never use it? How many do we scare away? How many create new accounts because they are repeatedly banned?

It's not really growing season though. Just wait until Rand announces.

Christian Liberty
10-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Yup.

Thirded.

@eduardo- If you really think Rand is the greatest man in America.... Lol!

Ron Paul, for one thing

Carlybee
10-13-2013, 10:01 PM

Me too..I dont have time to sit and go through each forum one by one.

Jackie Moon
10-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Hmmm, I just learned that I'm doing it wrong. I've never clicked on new posts, I guess I'll have to try that now.

Recently I've started checking this section first to catch up, and then move on to the others.

And then I'll usually check again later to watch any new Rand videos posted from that day's media appearances.

cajuncocoa
10-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Thirded.

@eduardo- If you really think Rand is the greatest man in America.... Lol!

Ron Paul, for one thing

Obviously there are those on this board who prefer Rand to Ron. Eduardo may be one of those (I would almost bet).

whoisjohngalt
10-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Obviously there are those on this board who prefer Rand to Ron. Eduardo may be one of those (I would almost bet).

Does it have to be a competition? Can't we just love them both? I prefer the two of them complimenting each other, like peanut butter and jelly.

cajuncocoa
10-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Does it have to be a competition? Can't we just love them both? I prefer the two of them complimenting each other, like peanut butter and jelly.
No, it doesn't...and it shouldn't have to be. But the fact remains that some prefer one over the other. It is what it is.

radiofriendly
10-14-2013, 08:47 AM
I type in randpaulforums.com - Thanks to whoever made that url happen!

It was a real pleasure to go down to KY (from Indiana) to campaign for Dr. Rand Paul during the primary. I was there for the Randslide party!
I even almost got arrested in an establishment precinct--they wouldn't let me observe the vote count as an official rep of the campaign (just a 'deputized' volunteer) as required by law...there was a nervous sheriff running around with men in suits telling him what to do. He looked really nervous...what an adventure!

libertywanter
10-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I joined this site just for the Rand forum

speciallyblend
10-16-2013, 04:24 AM
so popular, I will not be a delegate or waste my dime or time.

Todd
10-16-2013, 05:27 AM

I agree, unless I'm looking for something specific.

libertygold
10-16-2013, 05:34 AM
so popular, I will not be a delegate or waste my dime or time.

What has bothered you the most about Rand? I am disappointed by his support of the war on drugs and cozying up to the GOP establishment. He still may be better than other Republicans though so I am torn.

MRK
10-20-2013, 06:00 AM

Activity is drastically down since election times. It will probably be more popular than ever in the next couple years when the presidential campaigns begin.

MRK
10-20-2013, 06:02 AM

I mostly browse General Politics, then Rand Paul Forum, then maybe grassroots (although I've fallen out of the habit of doing this since the campaigns ended), and once every week or so I'll check out Off-Topic.

I think I'll start doing it the New Posts way instead now. Should give a fresher and more diverse reading experience. Didn't realize I could do that until now but I never really had a reason to change. Lots of other forums do it that way and it's great.

fisharmor
10-20-2013, 06:21 AM
What has bothered you the most about Rand? I am disappointed by his support of the war on drugs and cozying up to the GOP establishment. He still may be better than other Republicans though so I am torn.

2008's message: "Guess what everyone, you don't HAVE to capitulate and compromise all the time. You COULD support a candidate that takes a philosophical stand on every single vote - someone who is preaching the truth to power, who has a 30 year record under his belt, and whom you can trust to do the right thing when the chips are down."

Early 2012's message: "With your support, that same guy is actually making progress! Look how close we came to winning their rigged game!"

Mid 2012's message: "Ah, fuck it, Romney is going to win. We're done here. Time to play the politics game again."

The thing that disappoints me more than anything is that anyone even needs to ask why I'm disappointed. Instead, I'm branded some kind of crazy person.

ClydeCoulter
10-20-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't come here for Rand. I come here for discussion on topics that affect liberty and for news that I might miss otherwise, such as candidates in other states. Rand is one "possible" topic that may, or may not, affect my views on the current "heading" of this country.

My personal "first watch" items are:

Oppression of the innocent (foreign and domestic, and especially by "our country")(my definition of "innocent" may not be inline with others).
Causes and/or propaganda that supports oppression.
Violation of natural rights (which can be more specific in the type of oppression)

IF there is a political candidate that "seems to" can and will fight for the goals (constitutionally, at this time) then I will keep an eye on possible support for them.

Even if Rand becomes president and will uphold the constitution and those goals that "most of us" support, he/we will need support in both houses of the congress and a good "propaganda support network" to succeed.

RabbitMan
10-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Right now we are experiencing the same drop-out as happened in 2009. It will be this way until 2015 unfortunately.