PDA

View Full Version : LA-Cop that killed unarmed man in drug raid, cries as he's dragged off to prison.

Anti Federalist
10-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Deadly marijuana raid leaves unarmed man dead in his home; NOPD officer imprisoned, but Drug War wages on

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/wendell-allen-deadly-nopd-raid/

NEW ORLEANS, LA — An officer has plead guilty to manslaughter following the shooting and killing of an unarmed man in his own home during a deadly NOPD raid last year. This rare instance of police accountability is marred by the fact that no law or policy changes have been made, assuredly setting the stage for more violent confrontations in the name of drug prohibition.

On the evening of March 7, 2012, members of New Orleans PD’s 3rd District narcotics unit broke down the door of the Allen family with a battering ram. They were there to serve a warrant related to marijuana crimes.

As police stormed the family home, several officers poured into the lower floor and others took to the staircase.

Wendell Allen, 20, heard the swearing and shouting of intruders and left his bedroom and appeared at the top of the stairs. Officer Joshua Colclough, ascending the staircase, saw Allen, raised his gun and put a bullet through his chest.

The disturbing footage captures the audio of the gunshot and what appears to be Allen crying out in his final, horrific moments.

Police found around 4.5 ounces of cannabis in the home allegedly belonging to Allen’s brother David and his acquaintance Brandon Boles. The the forbidden plants were off the street at last.

NOPD opened its investigation leading to the raid after a confidential informant told a sheriff’s deputy a teenager named Troy Deemer was dealing cannabis from within the Allen residence.

A sergeant with the sheriff’s office accompanied NOPD officer Michael Voltolina to observe activity at the house; they allegedly witnessed several exchanges take place between Deemer and buyers in the driveway. These mutual exchanges taking place on private property were assumed to be drug deals and were sufficient cause to raid the home.

Allen’s 14-year-old sister, Jazmine Jones, was watching television with a younger brother when she heard the gunshot. “I don’t understand why this happened,” she said. There was also a 1-year-old child in the home at the time of the incident.

A grand jury indicted Colclough with manslaughter after he failed to appear in court to enter a guilty plea for negligent homicide; he could have been paroled after serving 20 months in jail if convicted of the lesser crime. Pat Flemming, Colclough’s former counsel, said he suspected District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro had in fact pursued a charge of second-degree murder but was unable to secure it.

After nearly a year of what Allen family attorney Lon Burns called “nothing but bravado,” Coclough arranged a meeting with the victim’s relatives to apologize before he pleaded guilty to the manslaughter charge.

“You took the child who graduated and went to college in our family” Allen’s grandmother told Coclough. “You took that from us.”‘

Colclough was sentenced to four years in prison for taking Wendell Allen’s life.

His attorney, Claude Kelley, said police superintendent Ronal Sepas “threw [him] under the bus from the beginning.”

(For whatever reason, he didn't close the Blue Line around this brave officer. Puke. - AF)

Serpas disagreed.

“As I’ve said publicly many times, the loss of life is tragic and affects us all” Serpas said. “Our investigators conducted a fair, thorough and transparent investigation into the death of Wendell Allen. Once we had all the facts available to us, we turned them over to the District Attorney’s Office.”

Coclough wept after being handcuffed and led out of the courtroom.

“He was my everything. He was my superstar,” Allen’s mother Natasha said of her son. “He used to come to me and say ‘mom you don’t have to worry, because I’m gonna be somebody.’”

It is unfortunate that justice is so rare that it deserves a special mention when it is reached. One trigger-happy officer is off the streets for a few years, but the deadly problem that caused this situation has not been addressed. Police across the country will continue to batter down doors in the middle of the night over petty, victimless crimes — like owning and selling plants. As long as prohibition laws are rigorously enforced, and violent raid tactics are employed, tragedy after tragedy will continue to occur. These casualties are to be expected when the government wages a Drug War against the citizens.

Scrapmo
10-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Cops are giant pussies.

presence
10-12-2013, 04:22 PM
reefer madness

FSP-Rebel
10-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Hopefully, this serves as an example to officers across the country and make them rethink their position on drug laws or at least the repercussions of being an adrenaline addicted swat officer.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2013, 05:08 PM
The real pain was experienced by the guy who got shot. The real grief was experienced by the family. This pig has a lot of nerve with his crying. Fuck him.

Man up, pansy.

alucard13mm
10-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Looks like hes gonna have to be in protective custody for the duration of his incarceration... Don't think general population likes former cops.

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
What a disgusting story all the way around. I guess I should be happy the lunatic got four years.

asurfaholic
10-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Sounds alot like he's the fall guy. The real criminals are enjoying their immunity, and can rest well knowing someone else is taking the heat.

Henry Rogue
10-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Too Fing bad, murderer.

Neil Desmond
10-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, I guess it must be nice to be alive to be able to cry, feel remorse, and apologize.

I have to say, I do get irritated when I see the same handful of individuals on this forum refer to police as though they're not human beings; but this incident makes me realize that they do have a legitimate point when you consider that based on the behavior or actions of police, it seems like the police sometimes forget or disregard that suspects, drivers who aren't complying (like that woman they executed in DC a few days ago), or other people in the homes that their raiding or responding to (like the guy with the diabetic reaction who was killed by cops after a woman called for an ambulance) are also human beings like themselves. They should never have to be reminded or made aware of this.

They're way too militarized, separated, and disconnected from the community they're supposedly serving. That, along with having way too many laws, like this victimless "crime" of the mere possession of some recreational substances and desire to engage in trade or to capitalize from it.

Occam's Banana
10-12-2013, 07:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H34ukFe8g

VIDEODROME
10-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Hopefully, this serves as an example to officers across the country and make them rethink their position on drug laws or at least the repercussions of being an adrenaline addicted swat officer.

I went to truck driving school and another student there said he had quit SWAT because he had bad experiences he didn't want to talk about.

Anti Federalist
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I went to truck driving school and another student there said he had quit SWAT because he had bad experiences he didn't want to talk about.

Well, at least he's doing something productive now.

Reason
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.fox8live.com/story/23364433/da-releases-police-video-of-deadly-narcotics-raid

tod evans
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
And his co-conspirators waltz away scott free...:mad:

LibertyEagle
10-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Only FOUR years??? That's not nearly long enough.

tod evans
10-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Only FOUR years??? That's not nearly long enough.

Forty would be more appropriate, for his co-conspirators too.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I have to say, I do get irritated when I see the same handful of individuals on this forum refer to police as though they're not human beings; but this incident makes me realize that they do have a legitimate point when you consider that based on the behavior or actions of police, it seems like the police sometimes forget...

If you get irritated by pithy comments on a dime-a-dozen forum, then just imagine how annoying it must be to have a bullet rip through you or have your dog used for target practice.

These sociopaths only resemble us in anatomy only. These are not grey areas. There are very definable differences between the mindsets of these people and your mindset. THEY are doing the shooting. YOU are getting shot. These incidents are so frequent that there is no excuse to "forget."

There is no abstract they in these situations. These are individuals exercising very willful action. Blowing your dog away is not some movie. It is very real. The they're only human excuse is not some free escape-from-criticism card.

People in this profession today disgust me. It's not like they don't have a choice. They can be in law enforcement, or not be in law enforcement. They made their choice. They are flesh and blood individuals who are responsible. Hiding behind a job is no excuse. Exercise some personal responsibility already.

fr33
10-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Aww the guy who ruins lives for a living has his own life set back. Poor baby.

RickyJ
10-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Not likely, most police officers do not think, it is part of the job requirement.

kcchiefs6465
10-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Sounds alot like he's the fall guy. The real criminals are enjoying their immunity, and can rest well knowing someone else is taking the heat.
Isn't he the officer that shot the man, though?

Sure, the other officers should have been charged as co-conspirators in the homicide but he is far from a fall guy. His actions directly led to the death. To think they consider him getting four years as being "thrown under the bus" is amazing. Any person who broke down the door to invade someone's home, shooting them in the process, could very well end up with a needle in their arm.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-13-2013, 01:11 AM
To think they consider him getting four years as being "thrown under the bus" is amazing. Any person who broke down the door to invade someone's home, shooting them in the process, could very well end up with a needle in their arm.

Exactly. As far as I'm concerned though, it's one more piece of filth taken off the street. Alas though, the criminal is just replaced with another criminal.

Pigs will continue to do this until they are made to exercise personal responsibility. They currently can hide behind a faceless institution, which means no personal accountability. Jury awards against them should come out of their pockets. Others need to be held accountable, just like this piece of garbage in the story.

affa
10-13-2013, 01:54 AM
They shouldn't have been raiding the home in the first place.

TruckinMike
10-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Colclough was sentenced to FOUR years in prison for taking Wendell Allen’s life. A friend of mine was just recently convicted of felony DWI/DUI in Texas --- His sentence is EIGHT years. There were NO accidents, NO property damage, and NO victims. Yes, he had a drinking problem. At the time of his trial he had been off booze for over a year.

tod evans
10-13-2013, 06:59 AM
A friend of mine was just recently convicted of felony DWI/DUI in Texas --- His sentence is EIGHT years. There were NO accidents, NO property damage, and NO victims. Yes, he had a drinking problem. At the time of his trial he had been off booze for over a year.

And you think this sentencing disparity is unfair?

Just wait, there will be separate courts for members of the "Just-Us" department within the decade.

The concept of "secret courts" has been approved by the ruling caste and I see no reason for them not to expand the concept to their advantage.

phill4paul
10-13-2013, 07:12 AM
And you think this sentencing disparity is unfair?

Just wait, there will be separate courts for members of the "Just-Us" department within the decade.

The concept of "secret courts" has been approved by the ruling caste and I see no reason for them not to expand the concept to their advantage.

And of course special prisons for officer safety reasons. It will have two cells. If, at any time, a third officer is convicted then one of the current occupants will be released due to prison overcrowding.

Cap
10-13-2013, 07:45 AM
I wonder what is the percentage of police that are using steroids? I also wonder if there is a correlation between roid use and these escalations of violence against humans and canines? Aren't steroids just as illegal if there is no prescription? The roid use would make a good story for some honest journalist such as Ben Swann.

youngbuck
10-13-2013, 12:36 PM
And his co-conspirators waltz away scott free...:mad: That's exactly what I was gonna say. Aren't the other cops and the judge that signed the warrant accomplices to this murder?

MichaelDavis
10-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Colclough should have been convicted of 2nd degree murder. This was no accident, as the ruling implies. Some justice is better than no justice, but a four year sentence for murder is still unacceptable.

Kotin
10-13-2013, 01:02 PM
4 years is a fucking joke and a huge slap in the face to every citizen. according to our "justice system", guy should be executed just like any murderer is..

Occam's Banana
10-13-2013, 01:14 PM
I wonder what is the percentage of police that are using steroids? I also wonder if there is a correlation between roid use and these escalations of violence against humans and canines? Aren't steroids just as illegal if there is no prescription? The roid use would make a good story for some honest journalist such as Ben Swann.

Some cops may indeed use steriods and exhibit "'roid rage," but I seriously doubt it accounts for or significantly contributes to the increasing prevalence of this phenomenon. The problem is fundamentally systemic in nature. Police are being explicity trained to behave this way (under rubrics such as "officer safety," "circular force continuum," etc.).

Add to this the fact that cops' superiors in police departments - in addition to "authority figures" in the general political culture at large - support, defend, reinforce, and/or encourage these kinds of behaviors in the name of "law and order" (recall the recent Congressional ovation for D.C. cops, for example) - and you've got all the makings for a real-word Milgram Experiment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment) (with cops as the shock-adminstering button-pushers being egged on by the higher-ups).

And then there's the fact that people who like to wield petty power and "lord it" over other people are strongly attracted to police-type jobs.

It's a lethal mixture. No 'roids needed ...

"Take a mortal man, put him in control, watch him become a god, watch peoples' heads a-roll ..." - Dave Mustaine

Working Poor
10-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Looks like hes gonna have to be in protective custody for the duration of his incarceration... Don't think general population likes former cops.

Especially cops who get less time for killing someone than someone who had an ounce of pot..

heavenlyboy34
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
4 years is a fucking joke and a huge slap in the face to every citizen. according to our "justice system", guy should be executed just like any murderer is..But, but...he's there To Protect And Serve! /sarc :mad:

osan
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Colclough was sentenced to four years in prison for taking Wendell Allen’s life.

Oh, the humanity! That poor brave soul... four whole years.

Four friggin' years for murder? I guess I should be glad he got that much.

What a ***. Big tough guy with the gun and a dozen armed friends. Third-rate pussy, otherwise.

mrsat_98
10-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Oh, the humanity! That poor brave soul... four whole years.

[B]

What a ***. Big tough guy with the gun and a dozen armed friends. Third-rate pussy, otherwise.

14 months tops