PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair-Bound Cat Ticketed, Lack of Leash

jim49er
10-11-2013, 03:39 PM
A Florida woman says her county animal services has its priorities wrong after giving her a $230 ticket for walking her wheel-chair
bound cat without a leash.

http://on.aol.com/video/wheelchair-bound-cat-ticketed--lack-of-leash-517965917?hp=1&playlist=127167&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl29|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D389390

evilfunnystuff
10-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't call that a wheelchair, more like "training wheels".

I agree there are better things the cops should be doing with their time but, she is being less than genuine.

"Where would I put the leash?" how bout on its neck like everyone else. lol

That makes me believe (I can't believe I'm gonna say this), the cop is telling the truth when he says she was warned prior to this occurrence.

I'd have some respect for her if she just said "Screw you and your stupid law, go find some crooks." , rather than the "I'm different, I deserve special treatment..." route.

10-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I watched 10 seconds of the video. Why can't that thing be leashed? It has a neck.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-11-2013, 06:50 PM
It's a real catastrophe in the making. I remember the time when all those invalid cats charged me and ripped half my face off.

kcchiefs6465
10-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Is this just a house cat?

AOL doesn't come up for me.

LibertyEagle
10-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Are you guys for real? That cat doesn't need to have a leash on it. It's not going anywhere. It can barely move. Damn, I cannot believe your comments.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Are you guys for real? That cat doesn't need to have a leash on it. It's not going anywhere. It can barely move. Damn, I cannot believe your comments.

All she really has to do is cut a regular leash down to a few inches in complete length and let it hang around chest level. There's nothing they can say or do. I do it all of the time with my dogs even though they're technically on a verbal leash anyhow.

Origanalist
10-11-2013, 09:44 PM
All she really has to do is cut a regular leash down to a few inches in complete length and let it hang around chest level. There's nothing they can say or do. I do it all of the time with my dogs even though they're technically on a verbal leash anyhow.

It's a cat.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 09:46 PM
It's a cat.

Yeah, I know. It's one of the silliest things I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.

Origanalist
10-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I know. It's the silliest thing I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.

You too? Really though, I have never seen a cat on a leash.

heavenlyboy34
10-11-2013, 09:53 PM
You too? Really though, I have never seen a cat on a leash.
+1 Neighborhood cats have wandered freely almost everywhere I've lived or visited in teh US.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 09:56 PM
http://www.funnycatsite.com/pictures/Cats_On_A_Leash.jpghttp://www.catloversdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/How_To_Walk_A_Cat_On_A_Leash.jpghttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/06/20/nyregion/23743577.JPGhttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/JustinJakeLong/LOL%20Cats/funny-pictures-cat-is-on-leash.jpg

Origanalist
10-11-2013, 09:58 PM
http://www.funnycatsite.com/pictures/Cats_On_A_Leash.jpghttp://www.catloversdiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/How_To_Walk_A_Cat_On_A_Leash.jpghttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/06/20/nyregion/23743577.JPG

Well I'll be. I guess I need to get out more. Mine would tear my hand off.....

Occam's Banana
10-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I know. It's one of the silliest things I've ever heard but was just offering up a solution in case the lady happens upon this section of the www. I'm kind of a prick in the fact that I like to antagonize people in authority. Try it sometime. It's a hoot.

I don't get it. :confused: How does it "antagonize authority" to recommend ways in which to comply with authority? :confused:

LibertyEagle
10-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Well I'll be. I guess I need to get out more. Mine would tear my hand off.....

No, you don't. Those people are NUTS.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't get it. :confused: How does it "antagonize authority" to recommend ways in which to comply with authority? :confused:

Try it sometime. You'll see. :)

LibertyEagle
10-11-2013, 10:20 PM

Why? I'd rather fight to get the dumbass law overturned.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Why? I'd rather fight to get the dumbass law overturned.

Well, yes. I agree. But fuggit, LE, have some fun with it in the mean time.

Occam's Banana
10-11-2013, 10:31 PM

"Antagonizing authority" by finding ways to comply with it? :confused: How can I try it? I can't even make any sense out of it ...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-11-2013, 10:31 PM
This citation is obviously ridiculous; however, I would always leash a healthy dog or cat with people around, even if it was not "the law." I was on a couple of gun forums and you would not believe (or maybe you would) the number of pantywaists that "draw down" on dogs that lope after them. If you look at all the sociopathic/cowardly cops, then it's really not hard to believe the number of imbeciles that shit their pants when your dog even looks at them.

I once adopted two dogs when living in an apartment. It was sort of an emergency thing that last about two days. Anyway, I was walking them one time, and the dopey manager told me I had to get rid of them. Told her I was solving the problem as she spoke. The next, immediate thing out of her mouth was, "Are they vicious?" The word "vicious" is the catch word of the day. When it comes to dogs, a petty power type will never miss an opportunity to use the word "vicious."

I don't really even let my dogs around too many people anymore. Never really trust anybody around your pets.

Natural Citizen
10-11-2013, 10:37 PM
"Antagonizing authority" by finding ways to comply with it? :confused: How can I try it? I can't even make any sense out of it ...

If they really cared about the law itself they would have given the woman the ticket in the first place. Of course, they didn't. She got the ticket because she didn't conform to the minion's do what I say ego.

Occam's Banana
10-11-2013, 11:09 PM

If they really cared about the law itself they would have given the woman the ticket in the first place. Of course, they didn't. She got the ticket because she didn't conform to the minion's do what I say ego.

Huh? :confused: What in the world does any of THAT have to do with anything?

You said earlier that you like to "antagonize people in authority" by "offering up solution[s]" for how to comply with authority.
I am not able to make the least bit of sense out of that. Hence, my query in post #14 - in reply to which you said that I should "try it."
So, please! Put me out of my misery! Either tell me how I can "antagonize authority" by recommending ways to comply with it, or just shoot me ...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Is this just a house cat?

Your typical government lame brain would probably describe it as a bobcat. Maybe a leopard.

kcchiefs6465
10-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Your typical government lame brain would probably describe it as a bobcat. Maybe a leopard.
Apparently so.

"People with knives"

Sigh.

Icymudpuppy
10-11-2013, 11:28 PM
+1 Neighborhood cats have wandered freely almost everywhere I've lived or visited in teh US.

just remember that roaming cats sometimes never come home

NorfolkPCSolutions
10-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Good Christ, Florida...wtf

kcchiefs6465
10-11-2013, 11:38 PM
just remember that roaming cats sometimes never come home
Cops shoot them?

Icymudpuppy
10-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Cops shoot them?

Sometimes, but rather rare. aggravated neighbors, coyotes, cars, and dogs are all more likely to kill a free roaming cat. Average indoor only cat lifespan is 18 years. Roaming cats average is only 3.

ronpaulfollower999
10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
I watched 10 seconds of the video. Why can't that thing be leashed? It has a neck.

Are you joking? It's a fucking cat. You don't leash a cat......

Natural Citizen
10-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Huh? :confused: What in the world does any of THAT have to do with anything?

You said earlier that you like to "antagonize people in authority" by "offering up solution[s]" for how to comply with authority.
I am not able to make the least bit of sense out of that. Hence, my query in post #14 - in reply to which you said that I should "try it."
So, please! Put me out of my misery! Either tell me how I can "antagonize authority" by recommending ways to comply with it, or just shoot me ...

Ah. I see. I suppose that what I meant was antagonizing the authority figure. Thus the 3 inch leash hanging. Bacause I've no intention of carrying a leash around just because someone with a notepad told me to. You see? Again, if they were concerned with the infringement of the law itself then they would have ticketed the woman in the first place. They didn't.

Barrex
10-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Stupid Americans.

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 05:33 AM
Sometimes, but rather rare. aggravated neighbors, coyotes, cars, and dogs are all more likely to kill a free roaming cat. Average indoor only cat lifespan is 18 years. Roaming cats average is only 3.

Bah!

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 05:33 AM
Stupid Americans.

/thread.

Barrex
10-12-2013, 05:44 AM
screw you guys. I expected at least 1 -rep.

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 06:07 AM
screw you guys. I expected at least 1 -rep.

Tough titty.

Ender
10-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Stupid Americans.

I agree- no cat belongs on a leash.

Icymudpuppy
10-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Bah!

Bah all you want. While there are certainly roaming cats who manage to avoid hazards and live as long as their indoor cousins, the reality is that most outdoor roaming cats die in their first 2 years thus dropping the average outdoor cat lifespan to 3 years despite the occasional 15yr+ outlier. Those are just facts.

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Bah all you want. While there are certainly roaming cats who manage to avoid hazards and live as long as their indoor cousins, the reality is that most outdoor roaming cats die in their first 2 years thus dropping the average outdoor cat lifespan to 3 years despite the occasional 15yr+ outlier. Those are just facts.

According to whom? Is there a cat census I'm not aware of? Are we keeping records of cat births now?

jclay2
10-12-2013, 11:53 AM
According to whom? Is there a cat census I'm not aware of? Are we keeping records of cat births now?

I wouldn't question icymudpuppy. The guy is in the pest control business, probably knows what he is talking about.

Origanalist
10-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I know what business he's in. My question still stands. I've been told a lot of "facts" over the years.

thoughtomator
10-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I have actual experience on this topic. You should never ever use a regular leash & collar, because the first thing that startles your cat will cause it to literally lynch itself. Imagine a cat running at full sprint suddenly and unexpected stopped by what is essentially a rope around its neck - you may as well just go ahead and use a gallows, you'll get the same end result. Cats don't have thick muscular necks like dogs do and can't be restrained by a collar alone.

You can put a harness on a some cats; others will simply not put up with having it put on. This will balance the force that the leash exerts on the cat so that if it is jerked suddenly it doesn't simply hang the cat, the force is distributed over its upper torso and won't tend to injure.

CPUd
10-12-2013, 01:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/veYMmK2.gif

10-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Are you joking? It's a fucking cat. You don't leash a cat......

Town has a law they need to be leashed. Cat appears capable of being leashed.

Smart3
10-12-2013, 05:10 PM

Damn it. We agree on something.

jmdrake
10-12-2013, 05:23 PM

I think I see your point. It's kind of like the 3D gun printing. Show that the law is really unenforcible anyway.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2013, 05:24 PM
http://ac.ingham.org/portal/ac/Images/licpagepic.jpg

Schifference
10-13-2013, 04:37 AM
What is the lifespan of a primarily indoor cat that lives on a rural property that goes outside for a couple of hours daily?

Origanalist
10-13-2013, 09:27 AM
http://ac.ingham.org/portal/ac/Images/licpagepic.jpg

Oh yeah?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/12/article-2456157-18B2842700000578-845_634x771.jpg