PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar crowd burn alive two Europeans over 'organ trafficking'

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Due process in Madagascar. I wonder if they are as good at determining guilt as the US Justice system?

Maybe they were witches. Were they heavier than a duck?

(Reuters) - A crowd burnt two Europeans alive on a tourist island in Madagascar because they suspected them of trafficking human organs after a dead child was found on a beach, police said.

The men were hunted down and killed by residents on the island of Nosy Be, one of the Indian Ocean island's leading tourism hubs.

"They (the crowd) suspected them of organ trafficking," Madagascar police chief Desire Johnson Rakotondratsima said. "It appears that one of the foreigners admitted it in front of the local residents after they found the dead body of a child."

More:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/03/us-france-madagascar-lynching-idUSBRE9920L620131003

Petar
10-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Um... I guess I hope that they were guilty?

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Um... I guess I hope that they were guilty?

Someone said they admitted it! Good enough, burn the witches!

Cutlerzzz
10-11-2013, 02:41 PM
A lot of people on this board advocate that kind of justice.

bolil
10-11-2013, 03:05 PM
A lot of people on this board advocate that kind of justice.
For a person actually guilty of harvesting a child's organs?

In this case, I don't know if these men were actually guilty. But for the locals to react in this way it must be an ongoing problem that the "authorities" are not doing anything about.

I believe that brain scanning advances will, one day, make assigning guilt a sure thing.