PDA

View Full Version : Booker and Lonegan Exchange Barbs in Heated NJ Senate Race

AuH20
10-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Lonegan cracks me up by not being PC.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/10/genuine-animosity-rules-as-booker-lonegan-hit-homestretch-for-u-s-senate/

This as Booker and former Bogota Mayor Lonegan clashed repeatedly during their final debate before Election Day. There was intense and palpable animosity between the two, including the following exchange over the rollback of government programs like the Environmental Protection Agency, which oversees the cleanliness of Newark’s Passaic River.

“You may not be able to swim in that river, but it’s probably — I think because of all the bodies floating around from shooting victims in your city…” Lonegan said.

To which Booker replied, “Oh my God. Oh my God.”

“Yeah, ‘Oh my God,’ you use these words like a tea party extremist,” Lonegan said.

“This is what he thinks of our city, that there are bodies in the river. How insulting is that?” Booker replied.

Bastiat's The Law
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Lonegan is pretty good at debating. He still tripped over some sticky social issues. Why is it so hard for these guys to just cite the 10th Amendment and say that each individual state will decide these divisive social issues? When you don't play it that way the democrat will just repeatedly jab you in the face with that ALL night long like their Floyd Mayweather.

specsaregood
10-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't know if Lonegan planned the last 2 minutes of the debate; but it turned out genius. After the entire debate with booker repeatedly attacking Lonegan on abortion, lonegan struck back. He got booker good, with booker both refusing to say he would ban late/partial birth abortion but at the same time refusing to say he supported it. Booker was stuck with refusing to answer. And Lonegan effectively filibustered the last 2 minutes on that topic, pummeling booker with the result being that Booker didn't get to give a 1minute closing speech. it is well worth watching.

FSP-Rebel
10-11-2013, 12:45 PM

10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
So could Lonegan win? I saw 2 polls where he was like 6 and 10 points back or something like that. Strange things happen in special elections.

specsaregood
10-11-2013, 01:02 PM
So could Lonegan win? I saw 2 polls where he was like 6 and 10 points back or something like that. Strange things happen in special elections.

I might be delusional; but I'm predicting he does win. I don't think booker's voters are going to show up at the polls. in the last debate it was interesting to watch booker try to distance himself from Obama; and tie himself to Christie. lonegan even called him out on that.

jkr
10-11-2013, 01:08 PM
I WATCHED THIS

booker came off as a con man

i hope he loses

Bastiat's The Law
10-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Booker is horrible.

Bastiat's The Law
10-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Anything is possible. It all about turning your people out now. Are the Obama voters too disillusioned to show, that's the question.

10-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I might be delusional; but I'm predicting he does win. I don't think booker's voters are going to show up at the polls. in the last debate it was interesting to watch booker try to distance himself from Obama; and tie himself to Christie. lonegan even called him out on that.

Anything is possible. It all about turning your people out now. Are the Obama voters too disillusioned to show, that's the question.

It's a special election on a Wednesday. No other races are voted on I believe. Not PC but are old white suburban people motivated to vote for Lonegan? From all I have read, black city people have grown less fond of Booker lately and might not be motivated.

Bastiat's The Law
10-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Where's T-bone?

10-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Where's T-bone?

I heard he's hooking up with Obama's composite girlfriend.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Lonegan said he was getting a glass of wine afterwards.

specsaregood
10-11-2013, 06:57 PM
It's a special election on a Wednesday. No other races are voted on I believe. Not PC but are old white suburban people motivated to vote for Lonegan? From all I have read, black city people have grown less fond of Booker lately and might not be motivated.

Let's put it this way. My GMIL, who votes in EVERY election had no idea this one was on a Wednesday until I told her; she thought it was next Tuesday. I think only the people that are really paying attention are going to vote in this thing; and the booker people have been sleeping like the hare, thinking they won this thing 3 months ago.