PDA

View Full Version : The W3C Sells Out Users Without Seeming To Get Anything In Return

DamianTV
10-11-2013, 01:23 AM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/10/10/2241225/the-w3c-sells-out-users-without-seeming-to-get-anything-in-return

"Questioning the W3C's stance on DRM, Simon St. Laurent asks 'What do we get for that DRM?' and has a thing or two to say about TBL's cop-out: 'I had a hard time finding anything to like in Tim Berners-Lee's meager excuse for the W3C's new focus on digital rights management (DRM). However, the piece that keeps me shaking my head and wondering is a question he asks but doesn't answer: If we, the programmers who design and build Web systems, are going to consider something which could be very onerous in many ways, what can we ask in return? Yes. What should we ask in return? And what should we expect to get? The W3C appears to have surrendered (or given?) its imprimatur to this work without asking for, well, anything in return. "Considerations to be discussed later" is rarely a powerful diplomatic pose.'"

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-11-2013, 02:45 AM
there's no reason to hide code... unless you got something to hide