PDA

View Full Version : POLL: 60% say fire every member of Congress

green73
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Throw the bums out.

That’s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not.

The 60 percent figure is the highest-ever in that question recorded in the poll, registered in the wake of the government shutdown and threat of the U.S. defaulting on its debt for the first time in history.

cont.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/10/20903531-nbcwsj-poll-60-percent-say-fire-every-member-of-congress?lite

HOLLYWOOD
10-10-2013, 07:08 PM
The poll would be up to 77+%(60+17%) if the Capital Hill cowards didn't give taxpayer money to all those government workers on Congressional Paid VACA/Leave.

Scrapmo
10-10-2013, 07:16 PM
was there a fire and do not replace option?

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:20 PM
was there a fire and do not replace option?

Or a set them on fire option?

Scrapmo
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM

I would put a check in that box.

green73
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM

I would put a check in that box.

You guys are really doing TC's head in.

Legend1104
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Too bad it is the other 40% that actually bothers to vote and they always reelect incumbents.

ObiRandKenobi
10-10-2013, 07:38 PM
we are the change we have been waiting for or something.

Tod
10-10-2013, 07:39 PM
yeah, but they won't do it.

ronpaulfollower999
10-10-2013, 07:40 PM
10% approval rating, but 90% of incumbents are re-elected.

Henry Rogue
10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I wish they would have done this pole when congress was ramming obamacare down our throats. I would have liked to see the results.

green73
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_w-Tt15VGrB0/SxAAnj2LYiI/AAAAAAAAAvE/dLf3YO5bzY4/s400/vote_for_me.gif

r123
10-10-2013, 10:17 PM
this video contains absolute proof that the votes are not being used: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OynCgwmD-HM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OynCgwmD-HM)

r123
10-10-2013, 10:18 PM
2012 (http://www.ronpaul.com/ronpaul2012/) gop primary unmasking the vote manipulation. Upon reviewing the Greenville County Precinct election vote data from the 2012, a disturbing
pattern arose: Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaul.com) averaged 24% in precincts where less than 250 people voted; he averaged less
than 12 percent in precincts with more than 800. A spreadsheet was created to help me understand
how this could be. Why was Ron Paul’s percentage in large precincts half of that in small precincts?This brief will show in convincing fashion that a large portion of Ron Paul’s votes in South Carolina were stolen from him and given to at least one other candidate, Mitt Romney. In order to keep this as brief as possible, a single county- in this case Anderson County- will be used to easily show the obvious electronic manipulation. For the record, I found blatantly obvious numerical manipulation- unnatural to say the least- in the largest SC counties: Anderson, Charleston, Beaufort, and Greenville as well as Hillsborough and Merrimack counties in New Hampshire. In no way am I claiming that this one algorithm is the extent of the manipulation. I am attempting to convey, as simply as possible, a single algorithm that was used multiple times to alter the results of the SCGOP Primary January 21st,
2012: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_wWkfsJPShUMWQxMTc2NzgtM2MzYy00ZGJhLWI1MmYtMWU2Z GU1OWZkZjhk/edit?pli=1

r123
10-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I lit of out of Mendocino 2 AM and arrived at the Hilton Convention Center in Anaheim a quarter to 1 PM, just in time for my first meeting: CA GOP Treasurers. At these meetings we go over new federal and state election and campaign laws, how to account for them, forms, amounts, accounts. From 1 PM to 4 PM we discuss what is going on in big counties and small, only interrupted by a visit from CA GOP chair, Jim Brulte, telling us what many of us already know, that, "the treasurer has the most profound job of all on any committee", and a guest speaker(s), SPAN, an engineering firm that designed a product called, "Politickets", that's politicket's.com, which is designed with the treasurer in mind, meaning, fundraisers going through Politickets does all the paperwork, all you have to do is hit the print button and fill out the forms for the state and county correctly.
I'm the youngest in the room, and that is interesting because of the interest the CA GOP has taken to "youth" (college students), which I am not; however, products like "politickets" appear to be designed for the future treasurers of the GOP in mind. What was interesting at this meeting for me, is that when my county, Mendocino came up, marijuana was immediately brought up with a VERY POSITIVE view for legalization, as many there said that it is decriminalized in CA, and needs to be made legal for tax and control purposes. This is a huge shift from being ANTI marijuana to PRO legalization.
The CA GOP is definitely changing.
I would say about 30% of the people from the last convention bothered to show up, replaced by LIBERTY movement Republicans, Libertarians and supporters (guests).
Suddenly, the CA GOP, which last convention was half a million in debt is debt free, credit is being given to the campaign of CA Central Valley Senator, Andy Videk, the first republican victory in the area in 16 years. This is the headline news of the convention.
This year the floor of the convention is dominated by Republican Liberty Caucus, (another Liberty group, that is new and for college students) and the new Tea Party Caucus, who all display Ron Paul's books. I talked to a few people at the tables and met a few Libertarians helping their Republican friends.
While in the banguet hall, the event centered on the achievements of Andy Videk and "minority" groups, women, Hispanic and Asian, the big party was being hosted by congressional candidate Greg Raths, who had his good friend Barry Goldwater Junior, encourage the Republican Youth to keep up the good fight because they were absolutely winning, just look at the CA GOP now, the floor is dominated by Libertarians and young Republicans, and personally, I think Ron Paul would have loved this moment.. he would have loved seeing the young people coming together and finding their places, being offered jobs, opportunities, connections, the networking. It is a very exciting and good time to be a Ron Paul Republican in the CA GOP, if you are in college, as the CA GOP is looking to fund, support and carry LIBERTY into the political arena.
The other event that was popular was, "CA Political Chicks", "Ladies Night Champagne Reception", with guests from the Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels, and star appearances, for example, Jeana Keough. This was an "establishment" kind of event, all the big money.
There are three periodicals circulating:
1) GRASS ROOTS, from the CA Congress of Republicans (appears they are hosting an event having invited OR Congressman Greg Walden).
2) CA REPUBLICAN, by the CA Republican Assembly, has many opportunities listed for young republicans.
3) JBS big headlines, COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS INFLUENCING AMERICAN GOVERNMENT, the article inside reminded me of many similar posts on DP.
In overview, it seems the CA GOP has done what it can to retain and cater to it's supporters with money, almost like they have two conventions happening, the other being of, by, and for LIBERTY, where they are actively seeking future candidates and seats. The tea party is so busy trying to re-invent itself to fit in and retain support, knowing, if they don't attract those LIBERTY youth, they will not be long for future conventions.
None of it appears organic to me, but a lot of hard work, especially by the LIBERTY movement in the GOP. WE ARE THE FUTURE is definitely the writing on the wall. I believe many folks on DP would LOVE to be at this convention.. it's a LIBERTY Party and they are definitely WINNING.
Day two:
This is the day where the GOP has many meetings for it's committee, boards, issues, rules, and the interests, Lincoln Club, Tea Party, Women's Federation meet, offer resolutions and iniatives for the ballot we cast today. The tea part appears the big winner as they were passing out copies of their work, their suite was standing room only and people filed in the hall trying to hear what was being said. This was a remarkable difference than the Spring convention where the Tea Party was miffed.
I don't know how they did it, but the dinner banquet featuring Rick Perry was sold out, 800 tickets sold ($300.00 each). It was announced that this was the first dinner banquet in CA GOP history that was sold out.
I picked up information from the tables.. LIBERTY is everywhere, candidates have LIBERTY on tee shirts..seems to me that the GOP has become the LIBERTY party. I find it interesting. I feel like they went out of their way to make the Republican Liberty Caucus and Young Republicans very welcome.. as I previously mentioned, there appears to be job and volunteer opportunities on many levels and the young folks responded with hope and pride. I don't know for a fact, but I got the feeling that the dinner was sold out because some generous doner who would not be named invited the youth on the floor, paying the $300.00 per dinner. Instead of going through the back way to the dinner, I went around and saw the lines, and the young Republicans were very happy, everyone was dressed beautiful, and they were a very happy bunch, as if they hit the lottery, and I get that's what it felt like. From there it's onto the suites, free drinks, bands, more food, dancing.. special guests.. I'd have to say for the CA GOP it was a great event: http://www.dailypaul.com/301462/ca-gop-fall-convention-annaheim-2013

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Anti Federalist
10-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Yawn.

Congress will achieve its normal 90 - 95 percent re-election rate in 2014.

Keith and stuff
10-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Now approval rating is At 5% for Congress. That's way too high! The Onion has a report about this. http://www.theonion.com/articles/psychiatrists-deeply-concerned-for-5-of-americans,34163

Todd
10-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Yawn.

Congress will achieve its normal 90 - 95 percent re-election rate in 2014.

Yep. Everybody hates the "congress" in a collective poll,............ but everybody loves their congressman.

nobody's_hero
10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Yep. Everybody hates the "congress" in a collective poll,............ but everybody loves their congressman.

Only because every election year the masters send out the overseers to round up any slaves who may have wandered too far from the 2-party plantation.

Matthew5
10-11-2013, 07:36 AM
20% of the sample were government workers (federal, state, and local). The poll also shows that Obama has a positive approval rating, while everyone else is negative. The Democratic Party also polled double "very positive" percentage vs. Republicans (7% vs. 14%).

I wonder if there's a correlation there.

osan
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM

This +++

NorfolkPCSolutions
10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm just lovin' the comments section of news articles like this one. "We need a third party!!!" say people.

Poor GOP devotees - you could have had a Ron Paul.

On second thought, I don't have any pity for them. I have pity for my kids...they're the ones who will inherit this mess if we don't fix it.