PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Fellow Americans By Adam Kokesh

ZENemy
10-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Support him or not, he is in prison and yet to be indicted or tried.

Letter to Fellow Americans
Today at 10:26am

My fellow Americans,

My name is Adam Kokesh and I am a political prisoner. You might think only oppressive regimes have political prisoners, but we have no shortage in America. Of course, that begs the question: What is your definition of a repressive regime? A government that fights to maintain the status quo? A government that criminalizes normal behavior? A government that stifles opportunity? A government that provides the primary mechanisms of the poor getting poorer while the rich get richer? A government that sends people to die in unnecessary wars to benefit bankers and profiteers? A government that does not even pretend to follow its own rules? A government that seeks control by prosecuting dissidents for victimless crimes? Welcome to America!

I have been in jail for over three months for loading a shotgun at Freedom Plaza on Independence Day in defiance of DC gun laws to assert my rights allegedly protected by the 2nd amendment. I have yet to be indicted, let alone tried. My home was raided and ransacked for over 5 hours. I was kept in solitary confinement in cells with ants, cockroaches, water leaks, lights on for 24 hours a day, without a mattress, and I was fed so little I lost 15 pounds in the first three weeks. This is what "gun control" looks like. I harmed or threatened no one, yet for this victimless non-crime, I have been held without bail because of clerical errors that my judge refuses to acknowledge. I have been called "a danger to the community," but the real danger is a government that seeks to make you dependent by denying your right to self-defense.

Gun control is not about guns. It's about control. It's about making you dependent on a government monopoly on force. It not only looks like my persecution, it looks like rising crime rates in cities where attackers know their victims will be disarmed. It looks like rape victims unable to defend themselves on college campuses. It looks like mass shootings that are all the more deadly because they happen in "gun-free zones." It looks like a government that acts like it owns us, rather than serves us. It looks like a citizenry afraid to stand up for the freedom of self-ownership. It looks like a people unwilling to assert that they will not be enslaved. It looks like you are just waiting for someone to fight and win back your right to be a free, beautiful, independent human being! It looks like America today.

I am a civil rights activist, but I am not a leader. In order for us to have a truly free society, we must be the alphas of our own lives. As a humble civil servant, I can only hope my sacrifice has served to stir your conscience. I care more about making you think than making you like me. When I go to trial, I will be arguing that if there is no victim, there is no crime, and it will not just be my civil disobedience on trial, not just gun control, not just the enforcement of unconstitutional laws, not just the criminal injustice system, but the entire idea of government force and the government that has become the greatest enemy of freedom will be on trial. I will be fighting for my freedom, and yours, but you will never be free until you stand up for yourself and demand to be free. I would never ask you to follow me, but I dearly hope that you will join me.

Free in mind and spirit,

if not in body,

and yours always,

Adam Kokesh

jllundqu
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
No indictment yet? Very strange

donnay
10-10-2013, 12:07 PM
God Bless, Adam. I hope he stays strong!

jllundqu
10-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Keep in mind, he will not be charge with loading a shotgun in DC. He will be charged with being a prohibited possessor for mixing controlled substances (shrooms in his house) with legally owned firearms.

18 USC 922g
(g) It shall be unlawful for any person—
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

I don't agree with that, obviously, both are victimless harmless crimes, but there it is.

donnay
10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Keep in mind, he will not be charge with loading a shotgun in DC. He will be charged with being a prohibited possessor for mixing controlled substances (shrooms in his house) with legally owned firearms.

18 USC 922g
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

I don't agree with that, obviously, both are victimless harmless crimes, but there it is.

Yeah since they planted the drugs they know that was the only way to keep him locked up. The war on drugs, is the war on us!

ZENemy
10-10-2013, 12:16 PM

18 USC 922g

I wonder, do these these specific code infractions (they are not laws) bar him the right to a speedy trial?

Cleaner44
10-10-2013, 12:27 PM
He is in fact a political prisoner. He is being deprive of liberty without due process of law. He is being denied equal protection of the laws.

Now that he has drawn the state into his trap and sacrificed his freedom, the state is exposed for their unconstitutional position on bearing arms. I fully expect that the state will flip over the chess board rather than publicly lose. I commend Adam for losing his freedom to make this point. He does this at his personal risk for the American public's gain. I hope he is successful at gaining more than free room and board from the state. The state will break every rule they can in this case to protect their position.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I wonder, do these these specific code infractions (they are not laws) bar him the right to a speedy trial?

3-6 months is actually not that long to wait for a trial (by today's standards). A lot of it depends on how often they convene a Grand Jury.

donnay
10-10-2013, 12:41 PM
3-6 months is actually not that long to wait for a trial (by today's standards). A lot of it depends on how often they convene a Grand Jury.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

"speedy" by today's standards is a function of docket size.

10-10-2013, 12:51 PM

18 USC 922g

Going to be both I believe. The drug charges are state charges in VA and the gun charge will be federal in DC. I don't think they have indicted yet on the fed charge yet.

donnay
10-10-2013, 01:01 PM
"speedy" by today's standards is a function of docket size.

If he wasn't charged with anything he should not be held in prison.

jllundqu
10-10-2013, 01:03 PM
The judge sets bail/bond. But judge must have considered Adam either a flight risk or a danger to society and denied bail.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 01:03 PM
They can't hold him more than a couple days without charging him with something, unless he's in Gitmo and declared an eneny combatant.

Feeding the Abscess
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
They can't hold him more than a couple days without charging him with something, unless he's in Gitmo and declared an eneny combatant.

Sure they can. They currently are doing so. Whether they should or not is another issue.

pcosmar
10-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Not really.

I knew a man jailed for 20 years,, never charged,, never convicted of anything.

He died within months of his release.. but at least he died outside.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Sure they can. They currently are doing so. Whether they should or not is another issue.
They charged him with possession of shrooms while possessing a firearm.

donnay
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM

The Patriot Act-- Sect: 802 is what they are probably using on him. Also the Military Commissions Act of 2006 will denies a writ of Habeas Corpus.

pcosmar
10-10-2013, 01:25 PM
He is being held in a Federal Prison,, from my understanding.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence

There is nothing Lawful about this whole attack on the man,, from start to present.

Tod
10-10-2013, 01:35 PM
"Speedy" should have been explicitly defined, because the government is always going to argue that they need more time.

Christian Liberty
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
If they can't try a person the day they are arrested, or the next day at the very latest, they're arresting too many people.

I said it this morning, and I'll say it again on behalf of Adam, I freaking hate this country and I really don't care how many beltway people who are way too comfortable with the status quo that I offend.

phill4paul
10-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Some are more equal......... Will Feinstein rot in a cell while charges are forthcoming....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/9/miller-how-a-senator-got-her-guns-for-a-dc-show-an/

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier seems to think that gun-control laws don’t apply to the liberal elite. The police chief helped Sen. Dianne Feinstein acquire “assault weapons,” which are illegal to possess in the District, for a news conference early this year to promote a ban on these firearms, then tried to cover up the police involvement.
Now, a response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request reveals Chief Lanier’s shocking willingness to bend the rules for partisan and ideological purposes.

jllundqu
10-10-2013, 01:47 PM
They may not need an indictment if the US Attorney filed an Information on him.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 01:48 PM
He is being held in a Federal Prison,, from my understanding.

There is nothing Lawful about this whole attack on the man,, from start to present.

If he's still in the same place, it's DC Jail.

Lucille
10-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Not really....

"That's right. They're putting it off until the very, very last minute in order to keep this from moving forward, and to keep me in jail, and to keep us from being able to challenge it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXOhdgSi61Y

pcosmar
10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
If he's still in the same place, it's DC Jail.

No,, he was moved there.

And D.C. is not a state,, nor was it the State where he was arrested and the crime (possession)(allegedly) occurred.

His residence and the place of arrest was Virginia. And he was originally arrested by Virginia LE and jailed in Virginia.

satchelmcqueen
10-10-2013, 04:28 PM
is there anything we all can do to speed this up? they are not treating him right.

CPUd
10-10-2013, 08:11 PM
is there anything we all can do to speed this up? they are not treating him right.

He could tell them he wants to take a plea deal. That's how the system is set up. The detention facility, for someone without bail waiting for a trial, it is probably the worst place to be. They will feed just enough to keep someone from starving, generally a very tight control over communication with the outside, face-to-face interaction with admins are limited, and basically, some dude could die in a cell and not get noticed for a few days until the body starts to smell and people complain.

It's all designed to make a person do whatever they have to do to get soemwhere else.

pcosmar
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
He could tell them he wants to take a plea deal. That's how the system is set up.

It's all designed to make a person do whatever they have to do to get soemwhere else.

:(
Did you read what you just typed?

Do you think that is in any way just,, or fair,, or constitutional(lawful)?

Are you seriously suggesting that a man who has committed no crime ,, should plead guilty to some crime to escape the punishment inflicted upon him by the "system"?

CPUd
10-10-2013, 11:10 PM
:(
Did you read what you just typed?

Do you think that is in any way just,, or fair,, or constitutional(lawful)?

Are you seriously suggesting that a man who has committed no crime ,, should plead guilty to some crime to escape the punishment inflicted upon him by the "system"?

No, I was saying that is probably the only way to make things 'easier' regarding how the system is treating him.

MelissaCato
10-11-2013, 03:28 AM
I miss Adam online darn it.

Natural Citizen
10-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Tonight... In the latter half, Jeffrey Phillips (http://www.adamvstheman.com/) will discuss the case of Adam Kokesh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh), an Iraq War veteran who was arrested for posting a video of himself loading a shotgun at the Freedom Plaza in Washington D.C.

Stream... http://www.newsradioklbj.com/Other/Stream.html

In the first half, Stephen Kizner (http://stephenkinzer.com/), award-winning foreign correspondent, joins John B. Wells to discuss the extraordinary lives of John Foster Dulles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Foster_Dulles)and Allen Dulles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Dulles), two immensely powerful brothers who led the US into a series of foreign adventures whose effects are still shaking the world.

Or pick a state to see the list of radio stations that play the show... http://www.coasttocoastam.com/stations