PDA

View Full Version : Cop smashes tiny middle-aged mother's face into concrete bench

green73
10-10-2013, 09:06 AM

A Chicago woman has filed a lawsuit against the Skokie Police Department claiming an officer used excessive force after she was arrested for DUI.

Cassandra Feuerstein, 47, was arrested for DUI after officers found her pulled over at the side of the road and asleep behind the wheel.

But Feuerstein claims her civil rights were violated after she was taken to the police station.

Surveillance video portrays a calm scene as Feuerstein interacts with an officer until she says she asked to call her husband and kids.

Officer Michael Hart called her out of the cell, and less than 20 seconds later, the video shows Hart throwing the 110-pound woman back into the cell, launching her face-first into a cement bench.

The rest of the video shows two other officers assisting her as she bled on the floor.

Feuerstein says several bones were shattered in her face, requiring reconstructive surgery and a titanium plate in her cheek.

cont.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Video-Captures-Cops-Alleged-Excessive-Force-227153991.html

This is a different video than that at the link. It doesn't show the blood pouring from her face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuTe5EI9w-I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuTe5EI9w-I

Cutlerzzz
10-10-2013, 09:15 AM
For a 47 year old who just had her face busted she looks pretty good.

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM
She realized she had to much to drink and pulled over to sleep it off. Big mistake in the police states of america.

Natural Citizen
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
This shit is getting really old.

belian78
10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah it is, and it won't stop until these sick fucks start fearing for their lives.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 09:22 AM
They do that pretty routinely.

Invite you out of your cell then use it as an excuse to tackle and beat you, throw you in the hole.

One county I had the pleasure in visiting was known for that type of bullshit.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Rope

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Yeah it is, and it won't stop until these sick fucks start fearing for their lives.

Is there no husband? There will be no justice for this through the courts. The cop will suffer no personal consequences of sufficient magnitude to discourage others from doing the same. The only people to pay will be the subjects of the state.

Cabal
10-10-2013, 09:27 AM

Getting?

pcosmar
10-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Rope

I remember a "suicide" in prison.. The guy was hung in the hole (prison within the prison) with a brand new rope.

The guards investigated and determined it a suicide.

donnay
10-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Rope

Tar and feather seems more appropriate.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 09:32 AM
I remember a "suicide" in prison.. The guy was hung in the hole (prison within the prison) with a brand new rope.

"Accidents" in the hole could fill a library...

Thank God the trusty DA's are on hand to intercede on behalf of "The People"...

tod evans
10-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Tar and feather seems more appropriate.

A public beating would suit my fancy a bit better if he gets to walk away...

Red Green
10-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Officer safety people! Since all you bleeding hearts are too mamby-pamby to allow male law enforcement professionals to cavity-search these dangerous female miscreants, this is what happens. That officer had no idea if she had a grenade-launcher hidden in her cootchi and as a result had to quickly restrain her when she reached for her waistline. This all could have been averted if you wimpy ACLU-types would just let the officers fully inspect these criminals. You're all to blame for this, not the brave officer who puts his life on the line every day so you can be safe. Stop whining already!

A Son of Liberty
10-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Is there no husband? There will be no justice for this through the courts. The cop will suffer no personal consequences of sufficient magnitude to discourage others from doing the same. The only people to pay will be the subjects of the state.

I know how this husband would handle it.

fr33
10-10-2013, 09:48 AM
If somebody did that to my wife they'd better find a good hideout because I'll be hunting.

fisharmor
10-10-2013, 09:52 AM
A public beating would suit my fancy a bit better if he gets to walk away...

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2009/04/2115696140_81643cfbef_b.jpg

aGameOfThrones
10-10-2013, 09:52 AM
The cop is OK, right?

Natural Citizen
10-10-2013, 09:53 AM
If somebody did that to my wife they'd better find a good hideout because I'll be hunting.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you . Of course, in the real world if you yell boo at them they're likely to crap their pants.

Root
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
The cop is OK, right?
Is the bench ok?

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm just grateful for the police keeping us from anarchy.

kathy88
10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I really wish I had not watched that.

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I really wish I had not watched that.

I say that just about every day.

Cabal
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm just grateful for the police keeping us from anarchy.

We should all expect to make sacrifices for the good of the State, this woman's payment was due. We should all be so lucky to be given an opportunity like this, to serve our country.

Christian Liberty
10-10-2013, 02:09 PM
I know how this husband would handle it.

I know what you're suggesting here, and my intuition is the same.

With that said, how would you mesh your viewpoint with this?

http://biblehub.com/romans/12-19.htm

I hate to bring religion into it, but I basically feel the same way you do, yet I can't get past what the scriptures seem to say about this.

Any thoughts?

heavenlyboy34
10-10-2013, 02:22 PM

I hate to bring religion into it, but I basically feel the same way you do, yet I can't get past what the scriptures seem to say about this.

Any thoughts?
That's the only bit of scripture you've read on this? You need a whole lot more context to understand it.

A Son of Liberty
10-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Any thoughts?

I pray I'm up to that verse.

I'm only telling you what my emotional response would be. I'd be inclined to put an end to him, and make an example of him. I pray that I'd be a better man.

Can't say what I'd actually do if some piece of garbage did something like that to my wife. I'm a human being.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I know how I respond to an affront.

An affront on my family is far worse than one on myself.

fisharmor
10-10-2013, 02:31 PM
That's the only bit of scripture you've read on this? You need a whole lot more context to understand it.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2034%20&version=ESVUK

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2013, 03:02 PM
At nearly any other job, if you lose your temper and physically assault someone, you are instantly fired. This guy needs to be fired.

Deborah K
10-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Street justice.

jllundqu
10-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Agreed. This cop should face some serious consequences for tossing a helpless woman face first into a concrete bench. I don't care if she spit on his face and called his mother a whore or actually did 'resist' in some egregious manner. Police 'should' have restraint and professionalism in the face of such instances.

A serious ass whoopin needed here.

Christian Liberty
10-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Its more like "I reacted the same way A Son of Liberty did to some other piece of news else and my family brought up that verse."

I pray I'm up to that verse.

I'm only telling you what my emotional response would be. I'd be inclined to put an end to him, and make an example of him. I pray that I'd be a better man.

Can't say what I'd actually do if some piece of garbage did something like that to my wife. I'm a human being.

I'm in the same boat as you, I would almost certainly do the same thing. I was just curious if you could actually defend it precisely because I feel the same way.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2034%20&version=ESVUK

I don't think anything there says God condoned of that incident. That it happened is not enough to justify it.

Deborah K
10-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Its more like "I reacted the same way A Son of Liberty did to some other piece of news else and my family brought up that verse."

I'm in the same boat as you, I would almost certainly do the same thing. I was just curious if you could actually defend it precisely because I feel the same way.

I don't think anything there says God condoned of that incident. That it happened is not enough to justify it.

What you see as vengeance, others might see as justice.

Christian Liberty
10-10-2013, 03:48 PM
What you see as vengeance, others might see as justice.

I honestly see it as justice too. But I'm trying to come to terms with how God thinks of it, whatever that may be.

I'm just asking questions here. If I knew the answer I wouldn't bother asking.

Deborah K
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I honestly see it as justice too. But I'm trying to come to terms with how God thinks of it, whatever that may be.

We can't know what God thinks of this particular situation. We have to go by what he whispers in our hearts.

Ender
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Any thoughts?

I'll take the King James version on this one:

King James Bible
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

For myself, I would not avenge- but touch my wife/sister/mother and vengeance is mine.

Anti Federalist
10-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Any thoughts?

Romans 13?

Yeah, Paul was a hypocrite.

2 Corinthians 11

32 In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me;

33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

If he really believed that Romans 13 shit, then he should have submitted to authority in Damascus and let Aretus execute him.

Christ's teachings are all about refusal to submit to wickedness.

fisharmor
10-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Well I wasn't sayin gen 34 was condoned, it just sprung to mind.

You've already had your epiphany on the state's justice. For the others reading: we should bear in mind that revenge is not justice, not even when the state exacts it.
No amount of physical harm to this man equates to justice. It's a fun bout of emotional masturbation to consider it, but the bottom line is that God knew what he was commanding.

Anti Federalist
10-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Glad that brave Officer is OK.

satchelmcqueen
10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
ive seriously had about all of these kinds of videos i can stand. i am so mad right now. one day one of these peoples husbands or wives will kill the cop in his sleep for this shit. fucking pathetic cop and DA for getting away with this. fucking pussy cop again!

Cabal
10-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Tangent philosophical discussion re: justice vs. vengeance: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430113-Justice-vs-Vengeance

puppetmaster
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
C'mon man...they are called "piece" officers for a reason....howdy ma'am... Let me show you this "piece" of this here bench and you can pick up "pieces" of your teeth from the floor.

brushfire
10-10-2013, 05:16 PM
That's how they roll... Dont like it? Move away from Chicago... That's what they'll say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49kgG0s7lVk

PaulConventionWV
10-10-2013, 05:40 PM

Ok... was it?

PaulConventionWV
10-10-2013, 05:50 PM
I'll take the King James version on this one:

For myself, I would not avenge- but touch my wife/sister/mother and vengeance is mine.

Then why did you quote the Bible verse? You obviously don't believe it. Vengeance is not yours to take, it is God's, especially according to that verse.

devil21
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM

That's the solution to clean up all of this police brutality and misconduct. Repeal the immunity laws and allow the officer to be sued personally. He'll think twice if his roid rage may lead to him losing his house. Only then will it change for the better.

Ender
10-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Then why did you quote the Bible verse? You obviously don't believe it. Vengeance is not yours to take, it is God's, especially according to that verse.

Read much?

The verse specifically says:

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

I wouldn't avenge for myself- but I would for others- and yes there is a time and a place for that, even in scripture.

PaulConventionWV
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Read much?

The verse specifically says:

I wouldn't avenge for myself- but I would for others- and yes there is a time and a place for that, even in scripture.

That's selective reading. The same passage also clearly says "Vengeance is mine". If it is God's, then it is not yours.

Ender
10-10-2013, 10:33 PM
That's selective reading. The same passage also clearly says "Vengeance is mine". If it is God's, then it is not yours.

Ah.... but the name of God is I Am. And I Am going to have some serious reprisals if anyone hurts the innocent and loved ones under my care.

SeanTX
10-11-2013, 12:31 AM
You can see the woman was actively resisting, she puts at least one hand on the door frame -- the officer just had to get it on. And that's not a foot you see tripping her, he just had to step in to gain some leverage and ensure officer safety .

Good smackdown !

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac334/david06photo/Misc/benchslam1.gif

Mani
10-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Well thank Goodness the officer is safe. I'm sure he was only fearful for his life. He was just protecting himself when he felt threatened. Women on alcohol sleeping in a car have the strength of a 800 pound gorilla and she could have ripped the arms out of his sockets, he is lucky to be alive. It's a touch call but I'm glad he's OK.

SeanTX
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Looks like they are throwing the mundanes a bone and charging the cop. Time for a nice vacation (he is on paid leave now).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/evanston_skokie_morton_grove/chi-skokie-police-officer-battery-charge-20131030,0,4298131.story

Skokie officer charged with battery in videotaped jail cell incident

1:54 p.m. CDT, October 30, 2013

A Skokie police officer has been arrested and charged with felonies in connection with an incident caught on video that shows him allegedly shoving a woman into a jail cell, causing serious injuries, authorities said.

The officer, Michael Hart, 43, was charged today with felony aggravated battery and official misconduct in the incident, according to Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez’s office. The woman, who was in police custody after a drunken driving arrest last March, suffered facial fractures that required surgery and other injuries, according to authorities and also to a civil lawsuit the woman, Cassandra Feuerstein of Chicago, filed against the village of Skokie.

snip

Hart's lawyer, Jed Stone, said he was ordered held on $75,000 bond at Cook County court today, but that his family plans to post his bail. Judge Israel Desierto also ordered Hart to surrender all firearms.

Outside the courtroom after the bond hearing, Stone said Hart was doing "fine" emotionally and will be home with his family tonight.

"He cannot believe after 19 years of serving Skokie that his career has come to an arrest," Stone said. "I don't think pushing her into a cell is a crime ... this is not slamming the victim."

snip

enhanced_deficit
10-30-2013, 02:20 PM
This is horrible and justice needs to be served quickly.

She realized she had to much to drink and pulled over to sleep it off. Big mistake in the police states of america.

She was arrested even if she was sleeping it off in her car off the road in a parking lot?

Edited to add:
Looking up on interwebs, laws apparently allow arrest as long as intoxicated non-driving sleeper and the keys are ANYWHERE in the car and person is alone in the car.

If the car is out of gas, you sleep in the back seat with the keys on the front floor board you could be convicted of DUI. The rationale for applying the “reasonably capable of being rendered operable standard” is due to the recognition that the law in this area is preventive in nature.

http://seriouslyflorida.com/sleeping_in_your_car_florida_dui.html

Occam's Banana
10-30-2013, 02:22 PM
RE: post #53 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?430068-Cop-smashes-tiny-middle-aged-mother-s-face-into-concrete-bench&p=5287589&viewfull=1#post5287589)

"He cannot believe after 19 years of serving Skokie that his career has come to an arrest," Stone said [...]

Officer Hart must be one of the dimmer sort of costumed thugs.

That type of minion is often surprised when they are sacrificed by their Machiavellian masters ...

[...] Stone said. "I don't think pushing her into a cell is a crime [...]

Well, that's some mighty fine lawyer-talk, there, Mr. Stone.

Why, if your client was actually being charged for merely "pushing someone into a cell," I reckon I'd be inclined to acquit.

I guess it's too bad for your client that that's not what he's actually being charged with ...

[...] this is not slamming the victim."

You're right, Mr. Stone. It's not.

Shoving someone face-first into a concrete fixture hard enough to crush skullbones is "slamming the victim" ...

phill4paul
11-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Update: Boy they really threw the book at this guy. It's bound to set an example that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated!

SKOKIE, Ill. (WLS) -- A former Skokie police officer received two years' probation for shoving a woman into a concrete bench.

Michael Hart was seen on video pushing Cassandra Feuerstein after she was arrested in March 2013 for drunken driving. Feuerstein hit her face on the bench, breaking her eye socket and loosening some teeth.

A judge sentenced Hart to two years' probation after he pleaded guilty to official misconduct on Wednesday.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/former-skokie-cop-pleads-guilty-to-shoving-woman-into-bench/392953/

At least comments are encouraging.

tangowhiskeykilo
11-13-2014, 08:10 AM

Turning your cheek would not make you a better man. Just another worthless being with no backbone. A better man destroys the guy, slowly and painfully.

SeanTX
11-13-2014, 09:29 AM
It seems the ONLY way a convicted LEO can get anything harsher than probation is if that option isn't available (then it's the minimum sentence possible).

Hopefully she can win a civil suit against him and the county (the closest thing to "justice" any mundane can get).

sparebulb
11-13-2014, 09:32 AM
But was the concrete bench OK?

She could have chipped it with her skull or caused some sort of masonry trauma.

phill4paul
11-13-2014, 06:17 PM
It seems the ONLY way a convicted LEO can get anything harsher than probation is if that option isn't available (then it's the minimum sentence possible).

Hopefully she can win a civil suit against him and the county (the closest thing to "justice" any mundane can get).

She can win a civil suit against taxpayers that don't care enough to hold their cops liable.

SeanTX
11-13-2014, 06:51 PM
She can win a civil suit against taxpayers that don't care enough to hold their cops liable.

Yes, well, that's the price taxpayers must pay for not caring ... :p

Keep paying your protection money -- chumps ...

ChristianAnarchist
11-13-2014, 08:03 PM
As for a proper "Christian" response this brings back a funny story from my youth...

A young man who was known for his size and brawn was converted to Christianity. His old tough crowd thought it funny and would tease him whenever they got the chance. He would ignore them and read his Bible. Every day it was the same, the local gang would find him reading his Bible and start calling him names and poking at him. Sometimes they would throw things at him and he just kept ignoring them and avoiding them as best he could. One day the head gang member said "Hey, I'm going to get him to turn the other cheek". He walked up to the big man and slugged him on the right cheek as hard as he could. The big man didn't go down in fact his head was just turned a bit to the side from the blow. He rubbed his cheek for a few seconds looking like he was deep in thought and his eyes lit up as his huge fist came smashing into the attackers jaw sending him flying across the room where he fell in a crumpled mass. When he came to he looked at the big man with questioning eyes and said "Hey, didn't you know the Bible says you're supposed to turn the other cheek?". Puzzled, the big man says "No, I guess I haven't gotten to that part yet. I was thinking of 'whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might'..."

phill4paul
11-13-2014, 09:10 PM
As for a proper "Christian" response this brings back a funny story from my youth...

A young man who was known for his size and brawn was converted to Christianity. His old tough crowd thought it funny and would tease him whenever they got the chance. He would ignore them and read his Bible. Every day it was the same, the local gang would find him reading his Bible and start calling him names and poking at him. Sometimes they would throw things at him and he just kept ignoring them and avoiding them as best he could. One day the head gang member said "Hey, I'm going to get him to turn the other cheek". He walked up to the big man and slugged him on the right cheek as hard as he could. The big man didn't go down in fact his head was just turned a bit to the side from the blow. He rubbed his cheek for a few seconds looking like he was deep in thought and his eyes lit up as his huge fist came smashing into the attackers jaw sending him flying across the room where he fell in a crumpled mass. When he came to he looked at the big man with questioning eyes and said "Hey, didn't you know the Bible says you're supposed to turn the other cheek?". Puzzled, the big man says "No, I guess I haven't gotten to that part yet. I was thinking of 'whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might'..."

Lol. Good one.