PDA

View Full Version : Boogity-Krokodil-boogity

tod evans
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Golly, guess we need more laws and a larger enforcement class...:rolleyes:

Flesh-eating Krokodil drug surfaces in Chicago suburb

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/10/10/flesh-eating-krokodil-drug-surfaces-in-chicago-suburb/?intcmp=latestnews

Three patients have been treated this week at a southwest suburban Joliet hospital in Chicago for using a synthetic opiate that doctors say rots the skin from the inside out.

"If you want to kill yourself, (using) this is the way to do it," said Dr. Abhin Singla, Director of Addiction Services at Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet.

Crocodile, which also is spelled Krokodil, started being manufactured about a decade ago in Russia, where heroin is harder to find, Singla told the Herald-News.

Codeine tablets are mixed with gasoline, paint thinner, butane and other chemicals to create an injectable drug, he said.

"It's about three times more potent than heroin, but the ‘high' lasts only for a few hours," Singla said. And a hit of crocodile costs about $8, while users pay $25-$30 for heroin.

But the chemicals destroy the blood vessels and begin killing tissue near the injection.

"You literally start rotting from the inside out," Singla said.

The first warning sign users will see are redness and blackness around the needle mark. They'd probably be hurting too if they hadn't just taken a painkiller.

Gangrene develops and gives the dead skin a scaly green appearance, which provided the name of the drug.

"This has been an epidemic in Russia. The average life expectancy of someone using crocodile is less than two years," Singla said

kathy88
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Ummm.... dumb enough to inject yourself with gasoline..... let natural selection work it out.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Ummm.... dumb enough to inject yourself with gasoline..... let natural selection work it out.
Cocaine is refined with kerosene and ammonia. Maybe the gasoline is just part of the refinement process?

Either way, not something I'd partake in and no doubt a result of the government imposed drought on heroin. It's a shame people resort to shooting up impure chemical concoctions because they are prohibited from obtaining what they want or need. DEA shutdowns of pain management doctors are routine. People addicted to that strong an opioid, which reportedly has withdraws strong enough to kill, will no doubt be shooting this bullshit up as the alternative. And the public will cheer and gladly fund the police forces to "lock up scumbags" and to "save the children" when in all actuality they are simply authoritarians using the majority opinion to impose their morals on their fellow, Law abiding, citizens.

FindLiberty
10-10-2013, 08:29 AM
...and finally get rid of all those tattoos, once and for all

WARNING: Don't watch this video. I'm not kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REP6NCDfAtg

AuH20
10-10-2013, 09:04 AM

Human beings will rationalize anything to get high. This is part of the natural selection process.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Human beings will rationalize anything to get high. This is part of the natural selection process.
Human beings will rationalize anything to be authoritarians. This is in large part due to the indoctrination process.

"They're scumbags", "Natural selection"... I've heard it all.

AuH20
10-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Human beings will rationalize anything to be authoritarians. This is in large part due to the indoctrination process.

"They're scumbags", "Natural selection"... I've heard it all.

Who said that they cannot inject or ingest poision? Not I. But when your insane pleasure-seeking quest leads to outright amputation, you should start questioning your "hobby"? Or is hopping on one leg some new fad I'm not aware of? That's the beauty of freedom. You can erase yourself from the gene pool.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm 100% certain this fine substance would disappear were a suitable alternative available.

green73
10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Sent to Drudge. Watch this space.

dannno
10-10-2013, 09:58 AM

If government tyranny is part of your natural selection process I suppose... I highly doubt this would exist at all of drugs were legal.

AuH20
10-10-2013, 10:04 AM
If government tyranny is part of your natural selection process I suppose... I highly doubt this would exist at all of drugs were legal.

You seriously underestimate your fellow man. Krokodil is being used because it's a 3/4ths cheaper than Heroin, while offering a more potent 'high' initially. Some are making a conscious marketplace decision to use this stuff.

10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm 100% certain this fine substance would disappear were a suitable alternative available.

Pretty sure you can buy smack in Chicago.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
You seriously underestimate your fellow man. Krokodil is being used because it's a 3/4ths cheaper than Heroin, while offering a more potent 'high' initially. Some are making a conscious marketplace decision to use this stuff.
You seriously underestimate your federal government.

Why is heroin so expensive? Could it be, now hear me out, that prices are artificially high due to a state sponsored monopolization on the drug trade? Countries that offer a daily fix to their addicts to keep them from getting dopesick have seen improvement in the number of property crimes, and many other areas as well. (Hepatitis rates and HIV rates in addicts for example) Clean needles being available is a plus for society as a whole, not just for the "scumbags."

Mind you, I'm not advocating subsidizing addicts drug usage. They would be able to afford it themselves if it were as affordable as it otherwise would be without government meddling and the artificial black market. And the meddling isn't for some humanitarian inclinations as many think, not that you do, necessarily. It is because the stuff allows those who can't otherwise fund their black operations and proxy wars to do so. It is to concentrate the wealth to be had from the drug trade into the hands of a relatively small number of people.

Do you hold such apparent contempt to those using Morphine? Is an individual's response to pain something to be correlated with natural selection? Are you aware of the untold heroin addicts who started using heroin because their pain management doctor was imprisoned for writing more prescriptions than the DEA would allow thus cutting of his patients and sending a message to other doctors in the region? That the pills they were prescribed, Oxycontin, sell for $60 a pill and they need them daily? Yes, these are the naturally selected users of Krokodil and other impure street concoctions. A little empathy for the plight of some would do your appearance a favor.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Pretty sure you can buy smack in Chicago.
You can buy laced, cut up, garbage in Chicago. Shit worse than the last. And for what price is this baby laxative concoction the streets are selling? A tenth of a gram for $10-$20?

Seems legit.

AuH20
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
You seriously underestimate your federal government.

Why is heroin so expensive? Could it be, now hear me out, that prices are artificially high due to a state sponsored monopolization on the drug trade? Countries that offer a daily fix to their addicts to keep them from getting dopesick have seen improvement in the number of property crimes, and many other areas as well. (Hepatitis rates and HIV rates in addicts for example) Clean needles being available is a plus for society as a whole, not just for the "scumbags."

Mind you, I'm not advocating subsidizing addicts drug usage. They would be able to afford it themselves if it were as affordable as it otherwise would be without government meddling and the artificial black market. And the meddling isn't for some humanitarian inclinations as many think, not that you do, necessarily. It is because the stuff allows those who can't otherwise fund their black operations and proxy wars to do so. It is to concentrate the wealth to be had from the drug trade into the hands of a relatively small number of people.

Do you hold such apparent contempt to those using Morphine? Is an individual's response to pain something to be correlated with natural selection? Are you aware of the untold heroin addicts who started using heroin because their pain management doctor was imprisoned for writing more prescriptions than the DEA would allow thus cutting of his patients and sending a message to other doctors in the region? That the pills they were prescribed, Oxycontin, sell for $60 a pill and they need them daily? Yes, these are the naturally selected users of Krokodil and other impure street concoctions. A little empathy for the plight of some would do your appearance a favor.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But in an unregulated, government free environment, a cheaper, more potent drug will defeat the more expensive natural substance. There is an economic and effect bias at work. So I'm not overly empathetic when health concerns become a third priority.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
There is an economic and effect bias at work. So I'm not overly empathetic when health concerns become a third priority.

Are you saying you're good with the fact that suitable "drugs" are intentionally made illegal or unavailable?

Is it "better" that folks who choose to do drugs suffer loss of limb before life?

I'm more of the opinion that everything needs to be both legal and plentiful, it'd only take one or two generations and natural selection would weed out those prone to abuse.

AuH20
10-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Are you saying you're good with the fact that suitable "drugs" are intentionally made illegal or unavailable?

Is it "better" that folks who choose to do drugs suffer loss of limb before life?

I'm more of the opinion that everything needs to be both legal and plentiful, it'd only take one or two generations and natural selection would weed out those prone to abuse.

I'm saying that some people are predisposed to making costly decisions that only benefit themselves in the short-term. And this phenomenon doesn't just apply to addicts. All the freedom or government protection won't stop this fate.

ClydeCoulter
10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
How many take drugs to get out of the emotional pain of everything being taken from them. Stop taking their life, and perhaps they will preserve it.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm saying that some people are predisposed to making costly decisions that only benefit themselves in the short-term. And this phenomenon doesn't just apply to addicts. All the freedom or government protection won't stop this fate.

So is legislation/enforcement the cure for stupidity?

AuH20
10-10-2013, 11:05 AM
So is legislation/enforcement the cure for stupidity?

No, of course not. Like I said, it is futile to attempt to cure others of their own personal demons. The individual must ultimately conquer their personal demons. There is no rehab facility or government arm that can successfully tackle a complex problem like this. It's waste of resources and time.