PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Bullying Programs Causing More Bullying

CaseyJones
10-10-2013, 06:06 AM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/are-anti-bullying-programs-having-an-opposite-effect/

A lot of schools spend countless hours trying to stop bullying. But some question if they are sending the right message.

It started as a simple look at bullying. University of Texas at Arlington criminologist Seokjin Jeong analyzed data collected from 7,000 students from all 50 states.

He thought the results would be predictable and would show that anti-bullying programs curb bullying. Instead — he found the opposite.

Jeong said it was, “A very disappointing and a very surprising thing. Our anti-bullying programs, either intervention or prevention does not work.”

The study concluded that students at schools with anti-bullying programs might actually be more likely to become a victim of bullying. It also found that students at schools with no bullying programs were less likely to become victims.

donnay
10-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Of course it does. We have an administration currently bullying the entire country. They need diversions and petty issues to advance their bullying.

aGameOfThrones
10-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Of course it does. We have an administration currently bullying the entire country. They need diversions and petty issues to advance their bullying.

It's not bullying if you have a permit.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Anti-bullying.............More bullying

Anti-drug.................More drugs

Anti-war..................More war

Anti-poverty............More poverty

On and on and on yet we haven't learned..:o

donnay
10-10-2013, 07:38 AM

Lots of people need to read 1984.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Lots of people need to read 1984.

Ray Bradbury is sooo last century, nowadays there's dancing with the stars and fooball..:rolleyes:

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Ray Bradbury is sooo last century, nowadays there's dancing with the stars and fooball..:rolleyes:

Don't forget Honey Boo Boo.

CaseyJones
10-10-2013, 07:48 AM
1984 was written by George Orwell

tod evans
10-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Don't forget Honey Boo Boo.

Thank God for the reminder!

I've never watched any of those shows including fooball so I've got to rely on what's left of my feeble mind to recall conversations here about what's on TV nowadays..

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:50 AM

It's really disheartening to see that people really aren't capable of learning. Human nature can't be changed. Anti-bullying programs won't ever work, only a good ass kicking will.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 07:51 AM

Whoops!

Got Fahrenheit 451 confused...

I'll leave the mistake instead of editing it just to read the comments.:o

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Thank God for the reminder!

I've never watched any of those shows including fooball so I've got to rely on what's left of my feeble mind to recall conversations here about what's on TV nowadays..

I watch a game once in a while, it's fun to bait people about their team. :D

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:54 AM

that's why we need moderators....;)

tod evans
10-10-2013, 07:54 AM
I watch a game once in a while, it's fun to bait people about their team. :D

Bully!

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Bully!

Somebody has to do it.......

Lucille
10-10-2013, 08:25 AM
But Jeong says they may actually teach students different bullying techniques — and even educate about new ways to bully through social media and texting.

Jeong said students with ill intentions “…are able to learn, there are new techniques [and gain] new skills.” He says students might see examples in videos and then want to try it.

Imagine that. Schools actually teaching something.

It doesn't help when then there are zero tolerance policies and the kids are instructed to "ignore the bullies and they'll stop" rather than kick their asses.