PDA

View Full Version : Probation officer fatally shoots 12-pound dog.....

phill4paul
10-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Before anyone freaks out I just want to say that the officer is safe.........

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/uploadedImages/wfxl/News/Stories/Patches%20the%20Dog%2010913.jpg?w=440&h=330&aspect=nostretch

ALBANY, GA --
An Albany woman is demanding answers after a probation officer fatally shot her 12-pound dog on Monday during a visit to her house.

Cherrie Shelton says the officer, who has been to her house on previous occasions to check on her son, was walking to the door when her 2-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, Patches, ran outside barking.

When Shelton got to the top of her front steps, she says she saw Patches approaching the officer and began telling him that the dog didn’t bite, but before she knew what was happening the officer had already pulled out his gun and shot the dog.

The bullet entered the dog’s left side, exited through her stomach and went into the ground where a hole still remains.

Shelton says she immediately began questioning why the officer would shoot such a little dog to which he responded he feared for his life. After being shot, Patches went to the side of the house where she passed away 30 minutes later and Shelton says she’s having a hard time dealing with the loss.

According to the report filed with the Albany Police Department, Officer Antoine Jones stands at 6 feet tall and weighs nearly 300 pounds. The responding officer quoted Jones in the report saying, "He stated that he gave the dog verbal commands to get back but the dog continued to come towards him in an aggressive manner so he fired one shot at the dog using his duty weapon."

(A 12 pound dog LOLOLOL. Cops are either pussies or cold blooded sociopaths and usually both in combination.)

Shelton says she can’t understand why a man of his size would react that way to such a little dog and wants to know why he didn’t make a kicking motion or stomp his foot to show that he didn’t want Patches near him.

FOX 31 reached out to the Albany Probation Office who has directed all media requests regarding the incident to State Department of Corrections Spokeswoman Gwendolyn Hogan who has been updated on the case, but the office has yet to respond.

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=956749#.UlYeZNK-rzs

Red Green
10-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Office safety!

First!

Origanalist
10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Office safety!

First!

I'm so glad to hear the officer lived, without them there would be anarchy!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-09-2013, 09:40 PM
For pussies like this "officer," a 12 pound dog is 280 lbs. in people weight.

Dr.3D
10-09-2013, 09:46 PM
"He stated that he gave the dog verbal commands to get back but the dog continued to come towards him in an aggressive manner so he fired one shot at the dog using his duty weapon."

As if most dogs respond to the verbal command to "get back", from a stranger no less. Are these guys totally incompetent?

Origanalist
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM
"He stated that he gave the dog verbal commands to get back but the dog continued to come towards him in an aggressive manner so he fired one shot at the dog using his duty weapon."

As if most dogs respond to the verbal command to "get back", from a stranger no less. Are these guys totally incompetent?

That dog represented lawlessness and anarchy!

phill4paul
10-09-2013, 09:53 PM

You don't understand. It wasn't just a 12 pound dog. It was a 12 pound JACK RUSSELL TERRIER! Jack Russells are the new shepherds, Dobies, Rottweilers, Huskies and Malamutes, Chow-chows, Akitas, blah, blah, blah.

phill4paul
10-09-2013, 09:54 PM
That dog represented lawlessness and anarchy!

Contempt of cop. ;)

Ender
10-09-2013, 09:55 PM

Are you really wanting an answer to that question?

Dr.3D
10-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Are you really wanting an answer to that question?
Well these guys remind me of a cartoon in Mad magazine where the guy sees the sign over the towel dispenser that says, "Tear down, rip up.", and in the next picture, the towel dispenser is in little pieces on the floor.

mad cow
10-09-2013, 10:17 PM
This one just might beat all.
SMH

phill4paul
10-09-2013, 10:20 PM
ARRRRRR...GRRRRRRR....ARRRRRRR...YIPYIPYIP!

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/uploadedImages/wfxl/News/Stories/Patches%20the%20Dog%2010913.jpg?w=440&h=330&aspect=nostretch

http://becausemerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pew-pew-pew.jpg

http://www.valorforblue.org/Layout/Valor/Images/Rotator/partners.jpg

Origanalist
10-09-2013, 10:24 PM

According to the report filed with the Albany Police Department, Officer Antoine Jones stands at 6 feet tall and weighs nearly 300 pounds.

That dog couldn't open it's mouth wide enough to bite his ankle.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-09-2013, 10:40 PM
That dog couldn't open it's mouth wide enough to bite his ankle.

Correction:
That dog couldn't open it's mouth wide enough to bite his finger.

Fat fuck.

2young2vote
10-10-2013, 12:16 AM
There really is no other reasonable explanation other than that he simply wanted to kill something and exert his power over another living thing.

I had probably 3 long paragraphs written about how society influences our behavior. Instead of all that, i'm just going to say that people can fall in a rut in life that they have trouble escaping from (wake up, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to bed) and occasionally require something to "spice" their life up a little bit. To make them live a little, i guess you can say. Dog shootings are common from police officers because it is an easy way create...SOMETHING...in their life. We see it with the general population, too, in how people often call the police on what are in reality very pointless things. The law can be used to build a special event in someone's life, even if it is negative.

I don't think what I just wrote was the excuse, i think it was the reason.

DamianTV
10-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Cops thrive on Anxiety. If they have none, they create situations where they can get their Adrenaline Fix.

Mani
10-10-2013, 01:33 AM

http://www.valorforblue.org/Layout/Valor/Images/Rotator/partners.jpg

This pic made me LOL! Oh man. This story is so ridiculous. I can't believe the officer actually said, "I was fearing for my life," without breaking a smile. How did he do it? How did he actually complete that sentence without laughing really hard???

His foot is bigger than that dog.

The only thing that explains the cop's behavior, is the above pic. That's it.

bolil
10-10-2013, 01:51 AM
It is like wolfs going after bear cubs. Kill the predators preemptively while they are still vulnerable.

Pigs don't like dogs, I think it is apart of their animal nature.

I got me some thumbs, and I got me a tongue, don't have me a brain so... law enforcement.

I won't even ask pigs for directions. Drug truffle sniffing less than human scum bags. The ENTIRE lot of them.

aGameOfThrones
10-10-2013, 05:04 AM
These are dangerous.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yjkILkHbL.jpg

donnay
10-10-2013, 05:27 AM
So a probation officers visit houses where people who have murdered are let out of jail, and this man was afraid of a Jack Russell terrier? :eek:

asurfaholic
10-10-2013, 10:29 AM
So a probation officers visit houses where people who have murdered are let out of jail, and this man was afraid of a Jack Russell terrier? :eek:

U see? Stressful job is stressful

Origanalist
10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
U see? Stressful job is stressful

He should get counseling-therapy.

Red Green
10-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey that dog could have been one of those suicide bomber dogs you have heard about. You know, just like the hand guns made to look like cell phones. This officer obviously didn't know if the dog was armed and ticking so he did the only thing he could do to maintain his safety. Thank goodness he made it out of that house OK.

EBounding
10-10-2013, 11:15 AM
This story ranks in at least the top 10 of most absurd cop-shoots-dog stories.

Anti Federalist
10-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Dog murder bump

SeanTX
10-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Dog murder bump

bumping your bump

coastie
10-11-2013, 12:15 PM
:(:mad::mad:

My dog weighs 3 lbs less than this one did. She's 100% blind in one eye, and 75%+ in the other, and so she is quite challenging toward anyone coming to our door, including me, until I say something.

I'm not even gonna go into what I would've done if this fat fuck materialized in my front yard and shot my dog like that. In my mind - you just killed my "other" daughter.

I'm 100% positive I'm not the only animal luvin, PETA hatin', gun totin', true blooded Yankee/Redneck hybrid type that feels this way. Do the math, it's coming.

That being said - I also realize this was a probation officer visit. Not that that excuses what happened in any way, but it did increase the chance to 100% this person's animal would be killed in the presence of an armed officer of the state...

Don't call the cops. And don't own dogs while on probation, I guess.

pcosmar
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
"I was fearing for my life,"

It is a mantra. I am convinced that are trained to use this response,, as it is repeated often and in various places (where it is obviously not even close to the truth)

chudrockz
10-11-2013, 01:22 PM

That's one SERIOUS pussy. We had a rat terrier that was about that weight for thirteen years till he passed away back in February. Even if he had been rabid and pissed off like no one's business (he never was), there is no way in HELL he could have done any serious damage to a full-grown adult human. No WAY. If said human was wearing pants I highly doubt a dog that size could even break the skin of human's ankle.

chudrockz
10-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Honest to God, though. Little dogs bark. Rat Terriers, Jack Russells, chihauhas (sp?). They all bark. It's what they do.

I go to the dog park with our new girl all the time. Little dogs (and even a few big ones) bark at me virtually every time I'm there. I ignore them. Or try to make nice with them. I suppose in the event one latched onto the ankle of my jeans I'd probably shake my leg to detach it and ask it what it's problem is.

I can't imagine EVER, EVER responding to a twelve pound dog doing *anything* by shooting it.

specsaregood
10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Before anyone freaks out I just want to say that the officer is safe.........

Looks like a pitbull to me.

phill4paul
10-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Looks like a pitbull to me.

A rabid, feral, pitbull.

Dr.3D
10-11-2013, 02:02 PM
That little dog weighs less than my Doberman when I brought him home from the breeder at seven weeks of age. He only weighed 12.5 pounds.
Anybody that would be afraid of a little dog like that needs to find a job where there is absolutely no chance of violence.

Cap
10-11-2013, 02:12 PM

http://www.thesharkguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/curly.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-11-2013, 08:21 PM
"I was fearing for my life,"

It is a mantra. I am convinced that are trained to use this response,, as it is repeated often and in various places (where it is obviously not even close to the truth)

Absolutely they are.

Circular Force Continuum and Officer Safety.

That's all you have to say, as a cop, "My safety was jeopardized."

Then you can pretty much do whatever you want, including blowing away 12 pound dogs and killing 107 year old men.

That's why I go around preaching the "Do Not Call Cops" message.

An encounter with a cop can go sideways in a second, and they can kill you and walk away scot free.

Origanalist
10-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Absolutely they are.

Circular Force Continuum and Officer Safety.

That's all you have to say, as a cop, "My safety was jeopardized."

Then you can pretty much do whatever you want, including blowing away 12 pound dogs and killing 107 year old men.

That's why I go around preaching the "Do Not Call Cops" message.

An encounter with a cop can go sideways in a second, and they can kill you and walk away scot free.

And do, quite often.

Henry Rogue
10-11-2013, 09:43 PM
:(:mad::mad:

My dog weighs 3 lbs less than this one did. She's 100% blind in one eye, and 75%+ in the other, and so she is quite challenging toward anyone coming to our door, including me, until I say something.

I'm not even gonna go into what I would've done if this fat fuck materialized in my front yard and shot my dog like that. In my mind - you just killed my "other" daughter.

I'm 100% positive I'm not the only animal luvin, PETA hatin', gun totin', true blooded Yankee/Redneck hybrid type that feels this way. Do the math, it's coming.

That being said - I also realize this was a probation officer visit. Not that that excuses what happened in any way, but it did increase the chance to 100% this person's animal would be killed in the presence of an armed officer of the state...

Don't call the cops. And don't own dogs while on probation, I guess.The thing is, it was the mother's house, the mother's dog and the mother was not on probation. Does she have to give up her rights because she lets her son live with her?